Your most coveted piece of boating equipment

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wcbond4 said:
...If you could only have one accessory on your boat..what would it have to be...Be specific!

The stuff between my ears. My wife thinks it is fairly useless...but it comes in handy when I'm floating.

Don't be tempted to make a simple boat (and beautiful because it is simple) too complicated.

Simplicity is the best accessory.

That's good advise above.

Actually the one thing I realized I really needed to add once I got on the water was cup holders...and if didn't take long to realize.

Here's my boat. I am trying to keep it simple...but I have to gain some storage and organization.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24939

Check it out. I need help!

Jdholmes said:
That's good advise above.

Actually the one thing I realized I really needed to add once I got on the water was cup holders...and if didn't take long to realize.
5 so far,if theres a seat theres a cupholder within reach :LOL2:

My drybox :mrgreen:

It floats, it has tools to fix almost any issue that arises with any equipment, and when it can't be fixed, it also has an emergency cell phone(just in case mine goes dead or I forget the charger, this one has a 12v charger and a little solar charger), GE emergency cb radio, and the personal cell phones as well as a couple hundred bucks, a personal defense weapon(mainly from snakes), and all the paperwork to keep me legal.

There are the essentials: Life Jackets; Flares; Lights; Bilge pump; Paddle; Anchor; etc.

Of the non-essential boating accessories, most people will say a fish/depth finder--especially the fishermen in the group.

Other less-obvious items that you may find are essentials are items like: coolers; livewell; sun block; bug repellent; bimini top (or a beach umbrella is a good inexpensive substitute); comfy seats; etc. Most of these items are essential to me on the water to maximize my enjoyment.... If I had to pick only 1, it would be my beach umbrella.

My favorite so far is "drain plug" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well. besides the obvious safety equipment listed above, I would say... My Humminbird 798Dsi.
Yes I have a $900 fishfinder on a $400 boat. haha Now I can see the little b@5tards, I just cant catch them!!! :shock:

I would say it has to be..... the Lowrance X-67 mounted next to the console. It has a built-in Flasher,so I can monitor depth at realtime. Indisposable when running shallow rivers. It's not 100% foolproof,but sure helps to keep me in the channel.

A reliable handgun for in the boat, at the ramp, on the road.... all places among strangers and all out where help or friends are NOT. You are on your own when boating and very few hairdressers or yoga instructors are on a lake in a boat... It's mostly guys who may be more reckless and rough than you are.

Blackdogxx said:
A reliable handgun for in the boat, at the ramp, on the road.... all places among strangers and all out where help or friends are NOT. You are on your own when boating and very few hairdressers or yoga instructors are on a lake in a boat... It's mostly guys who may be more reckless and rough than you are.

Agree 100%

Wow,really a handgun?
I think I'd try something else if a handgun was something I had to think about before going fishing.

For me it's not what I bring,it's what I don't...no phone
and Yes,I have broke down,normally my truck....fuel pump,fuseable link..makes for along walk in the dark,on old country roads but I've always made it back so far.Sometimes problems make things more memorable...

Zum said:
Wow,really a handgun?
I think I'd try something else if a handgun was something I had to think about before going fishing.

For me it's not what I bring,it's what I don't...no phone
and Yes,I have broke down,normally my truck....fuel pump,fuseable link..makes for along walk in the dark,on old country roads but I've always made it back so far.Sometimes problems make things more memorable...

Yep, a handgun. I conceal carry my Ruger LC9 everywhere I go. It doesnt matter when or where, its on my side. You never know when you will need to protect yourself or your family. With that being said, I like to take along a couple blondes too :D

I have to say my homemade "custom" seat. Can't fish very long if you aren't comfortable.

But a close second is the cheap boat hook that I just purchased the other day. One of those with the plastic hook or push on the end of a telescoping pole. This thing has turned out to be very handy when docking and for lure retrieval.

For some reason my buddy and myself spend a lot of time fishing for those flying fish up in trees and the price of lures isn't getting cheaper.