Your ONE favorite rod that you own TODAY?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BPS Johnny Morris Signature Series 6'9" ML spinning reel with Okuma Epixor 30 reel and 8lb BPS fluoro.

7'6" Kistler Helium LTA Heavy flipping stick with a Cabelas Tourney zx 7.1:1 reel, 20lb flouro and a 3/8 oz. pb&j finnese jig.

6' 9" G-Loomis Spinnerbait baitcasting rod with a BPS PQ 5.1-1 ratio. This rod is so lightweight and a great length, so I can cast this thing forever and all day long.

bassboy17 said:
6 ft 6 in abu veritas. I have it paired with the curado 200 E7 and I love it!! Lots of st. croix's on here. I've always wanted one of those. Also, does anybody else feel that the abu garcia rods are stiffer than a typical rod? I feel like my medium veritas is similiar to a medium heavy in most rods. who knows

I bought a 6' 9" Med-Heavy Vendetta thinking it would be a good all around rod and it does seem pretty stiff. It's cool looking and is pretty light, but I'm not sure how the stiffness will effect me and the fish since I haven't had it out on the water yet.

njTom said:
My favorite rod is my 7' medium BPS Pro Qualifer. Bought 2 when they went on sale.

well after going to BPS in Maryland for my birthday in Feburary, I have a new favorite rod. I picked up a 6'6" BPS carbonlite with a pflueger supreme xt reel as a combo that was on sale. I use this for throwing soft plastics. Man this rod is light and has great sensitivity.

I would have to say my favorite rod is my flats blue rod. I have a Shimano 200E7 Curado on it and it filled with 14 pound fire line and this thing will cast a 3/8 lure 70 yards.

Baitcasting, it would be my Dobyns Champion 733C. VERY versitle rod! :wink:

Spinning, it would be my Croix LTBS 7'0M tube rods. :wink:

My favorite pole right now is one of these guys....my Lake Superior/river fishing Steelhead rods. I'll post a pic of my Walleye/Crappie rod once the season starts. I made both of these myself so that makes them one off's which I really like.

Jeffsstuff030.jpg

Hard to pick one as I have one for each type that I do. Walleye a 7' LCI and steelhead is a rod I built for a late friend
and his wife gave it to me. Rainshadow IST1143

I think I may have to change my selection to my 8 1/2 foot St. Croix salmon/steelhead rod and Abu Garcia Record reel - fished this rig for the first time last week and it was like butter I tell ya!

7ft Penn Pursuit not the most expensive at about $30 but has treated me well and has held nicely when I use to fish in the ocean. Wish I could find a couple more that were the lighter weight than I have. Not using it much at this time though.

Daiwa Steez Compile-X 7ft 1in. I had my first one last year and sold it off in hopes of finding something better, but I just ended up getting another one.

one100grand said:
6' 9" G-Loomis Spinnerbait baitcasting rod with a BPS PQ 5.1-1 ratio. This rod is so lightweight and a great length, so I can cast this thing forever and all day long.

I'm actually going to amend this - I got a Temple Fork Outfitters rod a couple of weeks ago and it's awesome! it's a 7' MH spinning rod and i have it paired with an old Shimano Sidestab-I'm amazed at how nice it is-I like it even more than my Loomis rods.

Shakespeare® Ugly Stik® Casting Rod 6 foot 2 piece. Caught more fish on two rods I own than any other. Combined with a Daiwa GC80 reel, hard to beat for a creek fishing combo.