What pays your bills?

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
jigster60

What pays your bills?

Post by jigster60 »

My pension pays my bills now...Plus the bride is a nurse......I spent 40 yrs as a railroad engineer for CSX railroad hauled coal to power plants so we can keep electricity flowing for the southeastern part of U.S.A....Now I'm retired and enjoying everyday of it......Sitting around in my plaid shorts...........................JIGGY
Last edited by jigster60 on 30 Nov 2010, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

dixie_boysles

What pays your bills?

Post by dixie_boysles »

As ya'll know I work at a granite quarry as a draftsman. Every once in a while, i get to make a shop drawings (or blueprints as some like to call them). Here is a shop drawing that I made on AutoCAD for a Memorial base for the Army:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14942986/Shop% ... 281%29.pdf

here is a shop drawing for some planter curb for the University of Baltimore:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14942986/14566 ... awings.pdf

And here is a shop drawing I done for Rolex (yes the watches). It is planters as well:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14942986/001.pdf

Sgt. Stiglitz

What pays your bills?

Post by Sgt. Stiglitz »

Not a tunnel. In the mountains along the Arizona/Mexico border, south of Tucson, maybe a mile north of it. Found 6 backpackers hauling Dope across the border. Helo came in to haul the dope out because it was too far to carry ourselves.........Each bundle is aboit 50 lbs. The little guys in the photos are three of the six who were carrying the pot, doing the work US workers won’t do......... #-o I probably violated some of their civil rights here by posting their photos with their faces, you know, innocent till proven guilty and all that........Even if you catch these guys red handed with the dope, you can't get the AUSDA, Assistant US District Attorney to go on them, so it's catch and release. But don't any of us ever not pay a traffic ticket or run a red light, they would be all over us. See, it's a money issue, if you have a job and can pay the fine, they come after you. It cost the state and Federal Government money to house these in jail and they won’t make any money off it.......Good thig is, they robably lost their heads when they got back to Mexico for losing the dope........

Popeye

What pays your bills?

Post by Popeye »

Drive them back to the border all high profile like and when you get there, hand them an envelope with a couple hundred dollars in cash, give them a big hearty handshake and/or big man hug thing that seems so popular these days and send them back across. Wave and smile and yell, "Thank you guys, see you next week" You won't.

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.
All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

dixie_boysles

What pays your bills?

Post by dixie_boysles »

off topic kinda, but I just seen where the border patrol jsut got some Ford F150 Raptors, that is badass!

dixie_boysles

What pays your bills?

Post by dixie_boysles »

Bubba wrote:Well, When this thread was started, I was unemployed....However since the end of August, I am a Draftsman. I work at a local machine shop which refurbishes & builds mining equipment. First job i've had that I can really say I am 100% happy with.
welcome to my world ;) I have a mechanical drafting degree, but work in Architectural drafting which is my first love

Bubba

What pays your bills?

Post by Bubba »

dixie_boysles wrote:
Bubba wrote:Well, When this thread was started, I was unemployed....However since the end of August, I am a Draftsman. I work at a local machine shop which refurbishes & builds mining equipment. First job i've had that I can really say I am 100% happy with.
welcome to my world ;) I have a mechanical drafting degree, but work in Architectural drafting which is my first love
I have been into drafting since Highschool(took 3 courses of it there), and went to tech school for it as well, however I never did much on the architectural side.....had plans to in tech school but got a job before I could go through that course. However oddly enough, my first job was doing architectural stuff, I got a job working for Clayton Homes in their engineering department. I liked that job, but wasn't really satisfied and got a job closer to home as a truss designer, which is where i worked for 4+yrs(kinda got stuck there...still really wasn't happy), until I got laid off last New Years Eve. I was unemployed for 8months until I got found this job and luckily got hired on. I like both sides of things, but I think I enjoy the mechanical side of things more, so like I said....this is the first job I can say I couldn't be much happier with. I do alot of 2-D "shop drawings", but I also get to work with AutoDesk Inventor alot designing the machinery in 3-D....which I really enjoy.

89Suburban

What pays your bills?

Post by 89Suburban »

A lot of you's guys jobs and stories here are really amazing and a pleasure to read, thank you, and god bless our service men here and abroad.

I started cutting neighborhood lawns when I was 12, then a concrete accessory supply house bought some land behind my house and built a manufacturing and warehouse facility. I started sweeping floors there part time after school at 15, worked my way up the ladder doing every job in the place over the years and became the truck dispatcher for a fleet of 8 trucks covering 7 states 2 years ago. I have 22 years here and counting. :D

Popeye

What pays your bills?

Post by Popeye »

89Suburban,

How do you have the platform on the back of your boat mounted? I have a ProTeam 190TX and thought about putting something like that on the back of mine too. On the other side though as I have my kicker motor on the Port side.

All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

89Suburban

What pays your bills?

Post by 89Suburban »

It's mounted at 4 points with galvanized, self tapping, 1/4" thick, 1" long, 3/8" hex-head screws from Home Depot.

It holds up to me, 6'1", 335 LB climbing in and out all summer on top of my two fast growing teen-age daughters and thier friends when I drag them around all summer on the tube. :D

I bought that platform 4 years ago for 280 bucks from a local marina here. It's been on 3 different boats so far and every time I sell a boat, it comes off and stays with me for the next one. I spend a lot of time on the water all year long, even in the winter time. It's peace of mind to have that there in case of an emergency....

When I can find the time and remmeber to do it, I'll take some close up pics for you to show it more clearly how it is mounted.

P.S> That moon phase sig thing is kick a$$. :D

Popeye

What pays your bills?

Post by Popeye »

Cool,

I would tell you how to get that banner for yourself but am too technically challenged and don't remember how I did it in the first place. If you edit the state 2 letter code and replace Zion with your city name you should be pretty close to having it figured out. I put a space after the https so it wouldn't put another banner on here.

https ://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/sunandmoon/language/www/US/IL/Zion.gif

Deadmeat

What pays your bills?

Post by Deadmeat »

worminken wrote:I was a Stripper for 20 years. Now, I just repair furniture 30 hours a week and work at Lowe's forty.
Chippendales?

gunny146

What pays your bills?

Post by gunny146 »

I'm the fuzz (15 yrs) and US Marine (18 yrs)
3/4 of the Earth's surface is water and 1/4 is land. Clearly god wants me to fish, not mow the lawn.

MOBowhunter

What pays your bills?

Post by MOBowhunter »

I am a Sales Rep for a wholesale distributor of Hunting, Fishing, Marine, and Camping products. Marine products are a new line for us but should come in handy as I redo the boat that I just inherited. That and advice from guys on this site will be very useful.

fender66

What pays your bills?

Post by fender66 »

MOBowhunter wrote:I am a Sales Rep for a wholesale distributor of Hunting, Fishing, Marine, and Camping products. Marine products are a new line for us but should come in handy as I redo the boat that I just inherited. That and advice from guys on this site will be very useful.

Hey MOBowhunter.... Welcome to TinBoats...that sounds like an awesome job and with great "outdoor" fringe benefits. Glad you live around 30 minutes from me. Wanna get a beer? :mrgreen:
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink: