SliderG5

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt tee

Reaction score
Willm this unit lock up in any position you want?? my wife would not want the seat to slide like that, so thats my question, Can and how do you lock up the seat when you are on it ? or do you have to do this before you go out?

I have the original one on my boat. I know the design has changed slightly but I think he just added locking mechanisms for trailering. Im fairly certain the rest of the slider is the same. Anyhow, when you sit on, your body weight causes it to not slide. If you want to slide while sitting, you need to actually raise up off the seat and slide it and then sit back down. I can get mine to slide while sitting but you really have to force it. No worries about sliding around while your traveling across the lake.

Thanks, I did contact the company and asked them, its only common sense to have that option on the bracket so you can lock it up. You know with a kid in the boat also, once they know that seat slides it will be a party for them.

sgt tee said:
You know with a kid in the boat also, once they know that seat slides it will be a party for them.
It's gonna be a party for some of them whether the seat slides or not. You should have seen my son or my daughter the first few times I took them duck hunting. :lol: I'm just glad I never took both at the same time. :mrgreen: