Yamaha f20leha

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ritchie904

Reaction score
Does the Yamaha F20 elec start have a back up pull starter as well thanking of buying anyone have imfo on this outboard thanks to all

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=363930#p363930 said:
ritchie904 » 38 minutes ago[/url]"]Does the Yamaha F20 elec start have a back up pull starter as well thanking of buying anyone have imfo on this outboard thanks to all

My F40LA did come with a cord ...not installed on the motor, but you can pull start if needed.

Yes, as mentioned above but, it is a pain and you will only want to use it if you absolutely have to.

It comes with an emergency rope in with the owner's manual packet. But it does not come factory with a recoil starter.

That being said, it's entirely possible to add a recoil starter to an electric start motor by robbing an F15 or F20 manual start of all of the recoil starter parts along with the cowling and switch it all over. I did it on my F25; and oddly enough I've only used it twice in 5 years. Both times just to make sure it worked.

That F20 along with it's almost twin, the F15, are the same exact motors; but the 20 has 5 more HP. Probably a CDI change or something to make up that last 5 hp. I had an F15 on my War Eagle and was highly impressed with it (24 mph with NO motor tuning or prop tuning....nicely beat up factory prop too). They're both small outboards, with the 20 being the sweetheart of the two (the light weight of the 15 hp but obviously has 20 hp). Good little motors! Sold TONS of them both; and other than an impeller replacement once in a while and a few carb cleanings (they tend to sit a lot around here...) I've never had to go back into one.

Edited....I bought the F15 that I used to have as a basket case with a bad foot. Previous owner hit a big rock and broke the forward gear and limped it back to the ramp, all the while the broken teeth rattling around and destroying the reverse and pinion gears. And had one of my customers bring an F15 in that was run out of oil; destroyed powerhead. Other than those two, never done any major repairs to any of 'em.

Latest posts