Burger Run

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Got this last night out looking for night shots:

latenightburgerrun1-Copy2.jpg

yep, it's a Sonic :) . For some weird reason we have two in this small town. I started to park my truck in one of the ordering slots before I took the shots, but decided against it. Rather, I was stealthily next door in the bowling alley parking lot in the dark with my camera on a tripod. I'm amazed I wasn't arrested or something, lol.

Were the carhops wearing their roller skates at the one you went to? :)

Waterwings said:
yep, it's a Sonic :) . For some weird reason we have two in this small town. I started to park my truck in one of the ordering slots before I took the shots, but decided against it. Rather, I was stealthily next door in the bowling alley parking lot in the dark with my camera on a tripod. I'm amazed I wasn't arrested or something, lol.

I don't remember, my buddy and I were so mesmerized with the concept that we were too busy acting like foreigners. :LOL2:

I got heartburn just looking at the pic :LOL2:

Jim said:
Waterwings said:

I don't remember, my buddy and I were so mesmerized with the concept that we were too busy acting like foreigners. :LOL2:

Dang Yankees, lol :) . It's a play on drive-up fast-food restaurnats from days gone by where they would hang your tray of food on the drivers-side window. The one thing that I feel Sonic could have done better at these places is to have more room between the slots where you park. Definitely not made for full-size vehicles.

Brine said:
I got heartburn just looking at the pic :LOL2:

They serve a good hotdog with chili and onions :)

Waterfowler said:
I like it thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Mark. I have this one and one other one entered in this week's bi-weekly contest at PhotoZo at the moment. Voting should start this Sunday after 8pm :wink: . I got to choose the topic for next weeks contest due to winning last week's event, but I can't tell you what the topic will be for the upcoming one. It's not a hard one, and hopefully will have some entries.

did you use a flash when taking that picture?

I can't get any of my night shots to come out right... then again - Tiffany won't let me near her SLR so I have to use my Lumix

Truckmechanic said:
Nice shot. You seem to have an "eye" for the perfect shot.

Thank you. I'm still in a deep learning curve for night shots.

BassAddict said:
=D> =D> Nice pic WW, I hope while you were there you tried a campfire blast them things are yummy!!!!!!

haven't tried that one. Usually I get a shake.

russ010 said:
did you use a flash when taking that picture?

I can't get any of my night shots to come out right... then again - Tiffany won't let me near her SLR so I have to use my Lumix

No flash used. I used the timer (2 sec. for this one, but should have longer). Night shots are best achieved using a tripod to avoid blur. I think this was taken at apearture priority, at f/11. I wasn't paying attention to the ISO, and this was at 1600. I need to be able to shoot it at 100-200 ISO, and a longer timer setting for the shutter to stay open longer. Once the I press the shutter release, I cover the viewfinder eyepiece with my thumb to prevent any light from entering through there.

I've heard Lumix is a good camera, does it have any manual settings you can control?

WaterFowler is the night shot guy around here, I'm still learning :)

Russ depending on your Lumix model it should at least have a night scene mode to use for well, night scenes. This mode could possibly slow your shutter speed to 8 seconds so use the self timer and some sort of support like a tripod or just set it down to take the picture. Look through your camera menu for it I bet it's in there.

Just an update on the contest my "Burger Run" photo is entered in: Total of six entries, and I'm currently in 2nd place with 4 votes; current leader with 9 votes :shock: , and 3rd place behind me has 3 votes. Think I'm gonna miss this one fellas (voting ends this Sunday), but as they said in the "Highlander" movie, "There can be only one", lol.

Latest posts