Cracked my motor mount :(((((

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JigglyJohnson

Reaction score
My trailer rolled down a hill where I store my boat and the outboard cracked right off. It's a Mariner 9.9 (either 1999 or 2000). I'm hoping someone can tell me what part(s) I broke. It snapped off where the co-steer linkage is and there is a significant amount of grease in the area of the break.
ecc0a08d50bfa14d70dbc23aed217400.jpg
motor mount

1e62e697377b2cab55d708bc8958d873.jpg
motor mount 2

86a6da0e7acefecd24b17508dc9eab33.jpg
motor

Hoping someone can tell me what the part would be called and potentially what it would take for me to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Johnson and Evinrude terms the part would be called a steering bracket or swivel bracket.
In order to install a new one you will need to pull both the powerhead and the gearcase then start transferring whatever mounts, etc. you will need.
Problem here is that you are "assuming" that no other parts got damaged. A damaged exhaust housing can, for example, cause premature spline wear in the crank/driveshaft area or down in the waterpump/upper driveshaft bearing housing area. No amount of photos would be good enough to tell this through the internet.

Pappy said:
In Johnson and Evinrude terms the part would be called a steering bracket or swivel bracket.
In order to install a new one you will need to pull both the powerhead and the gearcase then start transferring whatever mounts, etc. you will need.
Problem here is that you are "assuming" that no other parts got damaged. A damaged exhaust housing can, for example, cause premature spline wear in the crank/driveshaft area or down in the waterpump/upper driveshaft bearing housing area. No amount of photos would be good enough to tell this through the internet.
thank you so much. Looks like the bracket itself is about $200USD. I'll need the bearing too, grease, labour. Not looking cheap :( this probably ends my fishing year early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for a parts motor. One with a blown power head would be best.