2012 Tinboats tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BYOB Fishing said:
My wife is busy tonight, so the kids and I will head up there and take some photos.

Well, maybe not...She took my car AND both sets of keys for hers..So I'm homebound.

Hopefully we wont have any reason to evacuate.

this is a great lake for fishing in fl.there are no hp limits. they have many diffrent tournaments at this lake.Lake Toho TEAM Tournament Trail - Classic,BASS Master Weekend Series,Bass Busters Silver Division,Freedom Outreach Fishing Tournament CLASSIC.Lake Okeechobee is Florida's largest lake and the second largest body of fresh water in the contiguous United States, Lake Okeechobee is the most "famous big bass lake" in Florida, well-known BassOnline.com fishing Lake Okeechobeefor the quantity and quality of bass the lake produces on a regular bases. This reputation on Lake Okeechobee has continued for many years as producing the biggest and best largemouth bass fishing in Central Florida.
Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters (800) 284-BIG "O" (2446) or https://www.fishokeechobee.com.hope this helps.

I wonder if we shouldn't have a few regional events...Someones always going to get left out.

Maybe someone from the northeast, and the southeast, etc.. start up a thread for their region.

Who knows, if it gets big enough we could get some "real" sponsors and have a major event like the Classic. Heck, even ESPN or the History channel might pick up on that! We'd have our own reality show! hahaha

yea, I'd try to make it to other regions fishing tournaments as well.
One day I hope to make it to some of the "big" lakes. Next year Im heading down to Kentucky Lake under the guise of a family reunion. :mrgreen:

[/quote]

Just an idea, if she can type with one finger. Swype for texting on a phone is dragging a finger around a keyboard to make words. It was originally developed to track eye movement. I don't know if it would be faster or not, but about any android phone can run it landscape. Just last year the texting record was set with it. I just tested it on my phone dragging really slowing and moving around letters a lot, it seemed to work good. If you wanted, I'm fairly certain I could build a small program to allow typing and then reads the typed words off (might need a wifi connection available). Let me know if you want me to build it - might take a night.

Prayers sent!

[youtube]cMoG4hgy3lA[/youtube][/quote]

Thanks Wil - I'll PM you soon for some more details -

Had the day off today...and my car keys back! So I went up to Clinton Lake. It was 102 here today, too hot to fish, so I just took a few photos of the lake and boat ramp. You had to be a camper to have access to the camp ground, so I don't have any photos of the group site yet. Anyway, the small building near the docks sells food and live bait (no minnows--There is a bait shop in Clinton, about 15min away, that sells minnows and licenses). This ramp has no fees. On the other side of the building is a sand beach. There are several playgrounds in the area too. Clinton has the Wal-Mart, McDonald's, DQ, Jimmy Johns and several good local places to eat, like Ted's Garage ( https://www.teds-garage.com ). Clinton also has a large antique/craft mall, three thrift stores, nice little downtown area with bars, and a bowling alley.

On to the photos:

090211145620.jpg
090211145704.jpg
090211145737.jpg
090211145759.jpg
090211145827.jpg
090211145853.jpg
090211145923.jpg

Let me know if you want any more information..

Matt

Not sure if yall are still wanting to fish florida but I live in central florida and have fishing all over from florida to my home state of mississippi and in between. Right now I live in florida but have fished around here for years now.

If yall need some help with putting together something in florida I would be more than happy to donate my time and anything else to get it started! Never put a tourney together but with some guidance ive got the locations to do it!

Someone pm me and let me know if your interested.

fish2keel said:
Not sure if yall are still wanting to fish florida but I live in central florida and have fishing all over from florida to my home state of mississippi and in between. Right now I live in florida but have fished around here for years now.

If yall need some help with putting together something in florida I would be more than happy to donate my time and anything else to get it started! Never put a tourney together but with some guidance ive got the locations to do it!

Someone pm me and let me know if your interested.

Cool! I hope you can get something going!

you all should consider Kentucky Lake.... That would seem to be kinda in the center of the area that is being talked about. A lot of the tinboaters could be there in 4-5 hrs.
Its been a while since I fished there but lots crappie, white bass and largemouth as well as some small mouth swimming around in that lake.
I can't remember who it is on our forum that live close to there but seems like someone does...Just a thought

Central Illinois has Banner Marsh, constant 5+lb in there. Just need to find the right stumps.

zeedogg said:
Central Illinois has Banner Marsh, constant 5+lb in there. Just need to find the right stumps.

Id like to try banner sometime, maybe not for the tournament due to hp restrictions, but maybe as a get together.

Love fishing Banner Marsh (east point and bell's landing have produced some good catches this year). The points dropping off to the deep channels along with the stumps have been hot this year.

Soooooooooooo,

what Im seeing is the need for a Bass Tournament at Banner.

Unfortunately we are running out of time for this year. Waterfowl season begins in October.

Anybody want to take the lead on this Bass Tournament?

Hate the fact that bannor's last day for boating is oct18. Then the long wait for ice to melt.

po1 said:
Hate the fact that bannor's last day for boating is oct18. Then the long wait for ice to melt.

X2. Pretty much miss the whole fall fishing season unless you want to bank fish after 1pm. Another reason Im looking into fishing the Illinois River.

Got out on Banner this morning on me JB Welded riveted 12' sears gamefisher! Man its tiny! But, it held up. No leaks!!

Got about 9 largemouths, biggest one being a solid 4. Several 2-3's and a few lil guys.

Crankbaits were solid on stumps and I worked plastics near lily pad edges. senkos and lizards.

I'm working on a tourney for next year for the WI/IL group. I'm not certain I can make an Oct one this year as I used up most of my vacation time already (fishing) or I would get it going.

To get a tourney approved is pretty easy. Just call the campground/park office where you want to hold it. They will get you to a knowledgable guy about what dates are avaialbe, filling out the required paperwork for approval and give you the followup paperwork too. They make sure you know the general rules, lake rules, etc... no biggie. Then you post it up here and see who can come! Generally between WI and IL there is no fee for the paperwork, unless you have a lot of people or want to weight fish offsite (killing them they assume).

Look forward to the date to see if I can make it.

Will