Adding seats, etc.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
Probably going to be a big no but has anyone added seats and stuff WITHOUT drilling holes in the benches? There are Zero holes in my boat and if I can I would like to keep it that way...

Yep....I built a U shape mount from wood that straddled over the tank seat, then my swivel seat attached to that. Fit was fairly snug, yet able to slide from side to side. A couple bungee cords held the seat in position while sitting in it. Actually worked very well and the ability to slide it from side to side was a great feature. I no longer have the boat but have saw others use a similiar method to attach their seats.

There are clamp-on seat mounts that don't require drilling. I don't like them, but they are an option.

There were two clamp-on mounts on my boat when I got it three years ago. They seemed tight and I thought they would work well. The first outing in the boat, my fishing buddy nearly went over the side when he put pressure on the seat "in just the wrong way" and the clamp let loose. Eliminating those clamp on mounts were the very next mod to the boat and that was done the next day. Good riddance.

Wow, glad I read this thread. I was thinking of getting a couple of those clamps. Not as sturdy as they look apparently........

Wow, glad I read this thread. I was thinking of getting a couple of those clamps. Not as sturdy as they look apparently........
I tried the clamp on seats and thought they were a waste of money. That is when I made my own U shaped mounts from wood, cheaper, more sturdy, and I could add any seat I wanted.