Adult Berverage Survey

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zum said:
Not much of a drinker but did find myself looking this weekend.
Wanted to try something different and seen this brand...seemed like a boat guys beer.

Taste was similar to Keiths ale...if your from Canada,you probably had a Keiths,not my favorite.

If I'm in a pub I usually order Keith's on tap.

Hanr3 said:
I'm not much for light beer, by light I mean low on alcohol content.

By the way- color of beer has nothing to do with alcohol content. Moonshine is clear and its 180 proof or better. Yes, typicallly dark beers have a higher alcohol content, but that isn't always true.

If I'M buying a commercial beer, I prefer Leinenkugal and if that isn't available Sam Adams. I hate that bars charge you import prices for those domestic beers. What a crock!
Generally I brew my own beer, so I don't buy too much beer, except if I am away from home for a trip or something. I always have 5 gallons of beer on tap in teh basement. I brew up a smooth drinking beer for the summer, and a nice dark meaty beer for teh winter.

If someone else is buying, I prefer beer brewed in Milwaukee (Miller) over that foreign beer brewed in St. Louis (Budweiser). :mrgreen:

Not so fast.

Miller Brewing Company, although based in Milwaukee, WI, is owned by
SABMiller (South African Breweries) which was created in 2002 when
it was purchased from the Altria Group.

Some of Miller's bigger brands include Miller Lite, Miller Genuine
Draft, Olde English 800, Milwaukee's Best, Mickey's, Hamm's,
Icehouse, Red Dog, Leinenkugel's and SouthPaw Light.

SABMiller's biggest brands you may run across in the U.S. include
international beers such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni and Grolsch.

fender66 said:
Beer is something you have to acquire a taste for. I never did. Guess that's good for me sometimes.

I'm with you. As H. Allen Smith once said about beer, "Put it back in the horse!"

Deadmeat said:
fender66 said:
Beer is something you have to acquire a taste for. I never did. Guess that's good for me sometimes.

I'm with you. As H. Allen Smith once said about beer, "Put it back in the horse!"

Benjamin Franklin - "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."

I dont know where in the hell yall buy all this crap yall are talking about, but I only drink the best this world has to offer.....

Attachments

• 495.jpg
    495.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,446
nathanielrthomas said:
I dont know where in the hell yall buy all this crap yall are talking about, but I only drink the best this world has to offer.....

Oh deer god... I went through a spell of getting nothing but Natty Ice. I do not miss those days. At all.

devilmutt said:
Hanr3 said:
I'm not much for light beer, by light I mean low on alcohol content.

By the way- color of beer has nothing to do with alcohol content. Moonshine is clear and its 180 proof or better. Yes, typicallly dark beers have a higher alcohol content, but that isn't always true.

If I'M buying a commercial beer, I prefer Leinenkugal and if that isn't available Sam Adams. I hate that bars charge you import prices for those domestic beers. What a crock!
Generally I brew my own beer, so I don't buy too much beer, except if I am away from home for a trip or something. I always have 5 gallons of beer on tap in teh basement. I brew up a smooth drinking beer for the summer, and a nice dark meaty beer for teh winter.

If someone else is buying, I prefer beer brewed in Milwaukee (Miller) over that foreign beer brewed in St. Louis (Budweiser). :mrgreen:

Not so fast.

Miller Brewing Company, although based in Milwaukee, WI, is owned by
SABMiller (South African Breweries) which was created in 2002 when
it was purchased from the Altria Group.

Some of Miller's bigger brands include Miller Lite, Miller Genuine
Draft, Olde English 800, Milwaukee's Best, Mickey's, Hamm's,
Icehouse, Red Dog, Leinenkugel's and SouthPaw Light.

SABMiller's biggest brands you may run across in the U.S. include
international beers such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni and Grolsch.

Thanks for the update. Glad I home brew.

nathanielrthomas said:
YES!! I was too ashamed to admit but the neighborhood I live in is known as Nattyville. You can only guess why.

On the topic of alcohol content, here's some facts:

one 12 oz beer has one ounce of ethyl alcohol - one ounce of ethyl alcohol has 86 calories - can't change that fact. Therefore, when you are drinking beers such as Miller 64 or Bud 55, whatever, they are advertising only 64 or 55 or whatever calories in each 12 oz beer - they must remove some alcohol to get the calories down to less than 86. So... since one ounce of ethyl alcohol has 86 calories, if you are drinking anything that says it's less than 86 calories per beer, you are drinking watered down beer - 3.2 beer or something with less alcohol than a regular 4% beer with the full 86 calories.

So, if you are drinking a beer with less than 86 calories, it is just like making love in a rowboat - (the nearest thing to fricken water you can get :) :) :)

Since we are in the summer season and beer is mighty good i go for cheap stuff like Boxer,President's Choice Honey Red,etc...but if i feel like a treat is in order i'll go for some Hoegarden unpasteurized white beer or Richards White...but if i really, really had a chance of buying a beer that will more than hit the spot i'll go for a Romanian beer made in the city of Timisoara (south western Romania) called Timosoreana =D> ...or i may just go for a second best in Romanian beer called Ursus...i'm drulling :D ...but this dream beers are not avaible outside of Romania...too bad :( :? :x .
Dan

Deadmeat said:
fender66 said:

Im with yall sometimes I feel left but I think it's better in the end...