Chemo's keeping me stuck inside, haven't fished in weeks!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oncologist should have advice for that. I,m not qualified. Girlfriend mentioned her mother hitting cold fast food shakes. Oh yes fun(as in bland or yech) diet awhile. Kicking that pump away sounds like a consolation, if not a relief.No don,t shoot it. :)
i been very fortunate on the venison,only one lean year the past few. Then too the deer get through the rough parts of winter fairly well here.
Many years ago i used to hunt the U.P.. Very different people numbers wise and some un harried game that acts like they owe you lots of money.Nice to find room to watch the world wake up with out human intervention on occasion, though natures third shift was long awake and winding down when time to head "out" to a place to watch from.
A cold day, and a legal deer in range can distract a guy from everything in a healthy way as much as a hard hit trolling and a mega pike headed for deeper water and not wanting to be seen any time soon. Some scenes that show up again for at least few nights when eyes close.

Hey Pike,

You may recall that I recently said I was headed to the river for some long awaited fishing and I was going to think about you every ten minutes. Well, it was lightning and I didn't go, so my contract with you was off, sorta.

I did, however, fish the lake I summer at and lo and behold, I caught a nice, can you say, PIKE, and surely thought of you. As I was bringing ol' sawtooth to the net, I said to myself, "MiPike would like this."

A suggestion, take up fly tying. Ever seen all the Pike flies you can tie up and they really work, too? Think about it. Keeps your hands busy and will put fish in the box. Promise. Get a book from the library, Pike on the Fly.

Well getting the pump removed was nice, 5 hours in the ER last night with chest pains, fever, nausea, etc..... not so nice. Ended up gettin chest x-rays/ct scans they thought I had a blood clot in my lung, fortunately that wasn't the case. Was still quite the scare though. They think it's just bronchitis, I have a follow up in about 45 minutes.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328817#p328817 said:
WaterWaif » 09 Sep 2013, 14:22[/url]"]Oncologist should have advice for that. I,m not qualified. Girlfriend mentioned her mother hitting cold fast food shakes. Oh yes fun(as in bland or yech) diet awhile. Kicking that pump away sounds like a consolation, if not a relief.No don,t shoot it. :)
i been very fortunate on the venison,only one lean year the past few. Then too the deer get through the rough parts of winter fairly well here.
Many years ago i used to hunt the U.P.. Very different people numbers wise and some un harried game that acts like they owe you lots of money.Nice to find room to watch the world wake up with out human intervention on occasion, though natures third shift was long awake and winding down when time to head "out" to a place to watch from.
A cold day, and a legal deer in range can distract a guy from everything in a healthy way as much as a hard hit trolling and a mega pike headed for deeper water and not wanting to be seen any time soon. Some scenes that show up again for at least few nights when eyes close.

Yeah I do a lot of rinsing with warm salt water, and just straight chewing on ice lol It sucks but it soothes it.

I miss being able to hunt like I used to, it was my dad and I's "thing" over the years. But as the guys grew older/passed away, camp kinda fell apart, and the group parted ways.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328828#p328828 said:
strander100 » 09 Sep 2013, 17:56[/url]"]Hey Pike,

You may recall that I recently said I was headed to the river for some long awaited fishing and I was going to think about you every ten minutes. Well, it was lightning and I didn't go, so my contract with you was off, sorta.

I did, however, fish the lake I summer at and lo and behold, I caught a nice, can you say, PIKE, and surely thought of you. As I was bringing ol' sawtooth to the net, I said to myself, "MiPike would like this."

A suggestion, take up fly tying. Ever seen all the Pike flies you can tie up and they really work, too? Think about it. Keeps your hands busy and will put fish in the box. Promise. Get a book from the library, Pike on the Fly.

:D No worries my brother, it's the thought and the kind words that matter.

I'm glad you got out and puttin a pike in the boat is always good in my books!

It's funny that you mention fly-tying, I actually showed a guy from Tennessee around last summer and helped put him on some Pike. He caught his first pike/first pike on the fly (homemade flies at that) while here fishing with me and I've been intrigued ever since. That's a great idea and I think I just might have to dig a little deeper into the world of flies

i'd want an honest opinion but just remember in my experience the docs ALWAYS give people the gloom and doom scenario- i think so they will look like genius when you do well .....?????

i work in hosp and see my share of miracles - i get jaded and cynical and BOOm god strolls in and fixes people...( no other explanation )..i see it .....

one last thing - a POSITIVE attitude works miracles sometimes too.......believe that

and vent here alllllll yuh want !!....... i think it's good to get it off your chest - sometimes that fixes me ?? its cathargic - organizing it in your head and laying it down......

- one day at a time ! lotta prayers comming for / atcha

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=330128#p330128 said:
zzzybil » Today, 00:41[/url]"]i'd want an honest opinion but just remember in my experience the docs ALWAYS give people the gloom and doom scenario- i think so they will look like genius when you do well .....?????

i work in hosp and see my share of miracles - i get jaded and cynical and BOOm god strolls in and fixes people...( no other explanation )..i see it .....

one last thing - a POSITIVE attitude works miracles sometimes too.......believe that

and vent here alllllll yuh want !!....... i think it's good to get it off your chest - sometimes that fixes me ?? its cathargic - organizing it in your head and laying it down......

X2

Tying flies can be a really good relaxer.

The best part is catching a nice fish using the flies you tied yourself!

Hang in there Pike!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=330128#p330128 said:
zzzybil » 23 Sep 2013, 00:41[/url]"]i'd want an honest opinion but just remember in my experience the docs ALWAYS give people the gloom and doom scenario- i think so they will look like genius when you do well .....?????

Agreed 100%

It does seem to be helping, even after just one cycle, but the beat down is what's discouraging. Takes so long to finally feel better, just to go right back to feeling like crap.

I had maybe 4-5 days where I felt 70-75%, just to start my second cycle yesterday, and I'm already feeling like crap again.

Pike.....

Coming from me, a survivor....you can do this. Keeping the right perspective and attitude is hard, but certainly worth it.

We, your TinBoats family is praying for you. Speaking from experience.....God listens and prayers work!

Stay positive my friend.

Hey guy,

I'm not praying for you, I'm wishing you'd get your young butt down here and help me. I took in another old boat, a Model A Alumacraft, and some madness over-took me and prompted me to first acid wash the oxidation/crap off, then, when that didn't look good enough, I found the stash of wet sandpaper in various grits and have spend the last four hours with the hose, the sandpaper, and the hull from the spash rail to the keel, hand-sanding the sunnagun. I did it on my knees, after moving the boat closer to the hose. I'm half done. It looks better...even good, if you get far enough away. :)

(Iamastupidmanstupidmanstupidman) :? :? :?

"Tying flys?" What, then you just sit there and watch them struggle like a villain in an old-time western? You have minature railroad tracks you put them down on, with a little train that bears down on them? I don't much like flys, but to keep them captive seems mean. :lol:

Sorry you feel like carp...er...crap. I hope you improve quickly, and then you can feel sorry for the old guy sanding the hull of a 58 year-old beater boat.

In the meantime, hang in--and keep on posting.

Thanks guys!

Kis, I'd love to come give you a hand. I like your theory on tie flying too :lol:

Started my second cycle on Thursday, and so far (knock on wood) the side affects haven't been nearly as bad as the last cycle, but then again it takes a few days usually before getting real bad. Small game season started here about a week ago, so that's got my spirits up some. It's much easier to road hunt and shoot partridge than unloading a boat/accessories. Even had a few 70degree days!

Thanks again for the encouragement, I can't express how much it means.

You're probably too young to have seen this, but it was a staple of motion pictures (you know them as "movies," but at one time it was a novelty for pictures to "move.") :wink:

Attachments

• tied to railroad tracks cartoon.jpg
    tied to railroad tracks cartoon.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 450
Aha! Snidely Whiplash or something like that tieing up poor Belle.
Hey, no matter how little hair you have it would still be a lot in a bowl of soup. :roll:
Hang in there Mi Pike Guy.