Chemo's keeping me stuck inside, haven't fished in weeks!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=330889#p330889 said:
MiPikeGuy » Yesterday, 18:53[/url]"]lol :lol:

Losing the hair on my head doesn't bother me, but not my BEARD!

There's always an easy fix for most everything.....and it can almost always be found on Amazon.com.

41PAFbatqTL.jpg

:LOL2:

I was kinda thinking about this haha I don't know if I could bring myself to actually wear it though

https://www.beardowear.com/

:lol:

Spent all day yesterday in the woods small game hunting, I needed that! Got a few birds, spent some time with my lady and it was sunny and 75, doesn't get much better for October in the U.P. It was a much needed dose of the outdoors, put some fight back in me

That is good news!Congrats on getting out, and the bonus of birds.(pats or timberdoodles?)
Savor them few golden days in October.They are special.

Thanks! It was nice, refreshing you could say. The critters were out in full force all day too, we saw over a dozen Partridge, 5 decent bucks (3 within a half mile of where my treestand goes! \:D/ ), dozens of turkeys, even a fox and coyote as it was getting dark out. We should have gotten more than 2 birds :LOL2: but my girlfriend and I are definitely out of practice. Missed some chances but it's all good. I'm more about the "chase" than the "kill", probably why I enjoy fishing more than hunting. I can catch and release all day, come back the next and do it again. I hadn't been out for small game season in probably 4 years, and she is still yet to bag her first partridge. She has gotten several rabbits with her .22 though, she's a better shot than me! But, that's ok, seeing as she outfishes me nearly everytime we go too. I can at least take credit for teaching her to fish :lol:

I've always enjoyed hunting, but it's never been as close to my heart as fishing. I'd just assume sit in my treestand for the 2 weeks of rifle season and never fire a shot. But it's still good for the soul, same with where I'm lucky enough to live. All it takes is the sun shining, the smell of Lake Superior, the thumping of a partridge, or the gobbling of a tom turkey to put a smile on my face. I'm easy to please lol

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm in a pretty darn good mood today. Mouth hurts like heck, but I don't even care right now, it should start feeling better in the next day or two. I still feel like I'm fighting the pneumonia but at least I can breath now, even managed to walk quite a few miles the other day. Anyways, I think I'm done rambling for now.

I do want to thank everyone again for your support, I come back here when I need a little pick me up, and reading this thread always helps. If any of you ever venture to the U.P. let me know!

All it takes is the sun shining, the smell of Lake Superior, the thumping of a partridge, or the gobbling of a tom turkey to put a smile on my face. I'm easy to please.

"One with Nature."

Even the most cynical of outdoorsmen feel it. It presents a vitality and a life-force that has to be experienced to be truly understood.

Glad you got out, Friend.
:)

Hah, a partridge tying to get his Johnny popper tractor started! tump,tump,tump,tump,tump,tumpumpum pum pum pum. Whippoorwills fun to hear too.
Hunted an area one year near a river. Waiting on stand and could hear fish jumping all most constantly.We never fished it there to find out what they were,(crazy steep bank).Down stream were walleye and small mouths though.Found a launch upstream quite a ways last weekend,no longer bowhunting, fall fishing being considered.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331252#p331252 said:
Kismet » 04 Oct 2013, 09:38[/url]"]
All it takes is the sun shining, the smell of Lake Superior, the thumping of a partridge, or the gobbling of a tom turkey to put a smile on my face. I'm easy to please.

"One with Nature."

Even the most cynical of outdoorsmen feel it. It presents a vitality and a life-force that has to be experienced to be truly understood.

Glad you got out, Friend.
:)

Well said!

If the past few days weren't good enough, my girlfriend gave me quite the surprise today. We went for a ride and pulled up on an 88 Mustang GT 5.0/5speed. She knows I have a soft spot for them, my first car was an 83 Mustang GLX with a 351W/5speed, which I had to sell becauseit was just too much car for a 16 year old, and I've missed it ever since :lol:

Annnnywayys long story short, I might have to marry this girl. She bought me it! It's not perfect, it's missing some pieces, 157k miles, newer clutch but the tranny is rough, headers/intake/exhaust, clean interior, body is probably 8/10 with only a couple very small dents and rust free! The paint job is a 10footer but I couldn't be more excited.

The purple one was my 83, the gray one my new 88.

Attachments

• 66935stang_001.jpg
    66935stang_001.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 515
  • mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 515
That is one classy woman!

Not only got you something you love, but something to keep your head and hands into the game. Both thoughtuful AND loving.

Nice. Very nice. =D>

Agreed! It was a huge boost to my spirit, even though I was already in a good mood. It's all smiles in this neck of the woods!

I was speechless, the only thing I could do was call her a liar, thinking she was just messing with me. Then she handed over the keys/title and I could have jumped for joy!

Apparently she's one helluva negotiator too, she won't tell me what she paid, other than it was less than $1500, so I'm very proud of her. Not just buying and negotiating on her own but finding such a solid car in the U.P. where 90% are rusted out.

Having been divorced a couple times and pretty well cured of the concept after finding the cause being marrige, does not make me an authority on women so take any advice regarding same from me with a generous grain of salt. Good gal that isn,t making up yard sale price tags when you wake up in the hospital. :shock: Let alone buy you a car YOU want. =P~
SET THE HOOK Mr.Pike! :LOL2: (Congrats on the stang!).

Thanks! It still really hasn't set in yet, probably because I've only seen it twice and only got to drive it for a few miles and park it in my mom's garage.

My only wish is that I had a heated garage and it was closer (my mom lives about an hour away), so it's not really going to get touched until spring, other than maybe an adjustable clutch cable to see if it helps with my transmission issues [-o< hope I don't need a new tranny, but at least I'll have all winter to save if I do. I did find some rust, but I wasn't surprised it's in the typical spot underneath the hatch lid, but other than that it's almost perfect, which is extremely surprising for a car from here.

Now to spend money on the car, or buy a ring? :shock:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331494#p331494 said:
MiPikeGuy » 22 minutes ago[/url]"]Thanks! It still really hasn't set in yet, probably because I've only seen it twice and only got to drive it for a few miles and park it in my mom's garage.

My only wish is that I had a heated garage and it was closer (my mom lives about an hour away), so it's not really going to get touched until spring, other than maybe an adjustable clutch cable to see if it helps with my transmission issues [-o< hope I don't need a new tranny, but at least I'll have all winter to save if I do. I did find some rust, but I wasn't surprised it's in the typical spot underneath the hatch lid, but other than that it's almost perfect, which is extremely surprising for a car from here.

Now to spend money on the car, or buy a ring? :shock:

20 years ago this coming Wednesday, I made the best decision of my life by marrying my bride. I have not regretted it for a second. I pray that you can be as lucky as I am in whatever decision you make!

20 years ago this coming Wednesday, I made the best decision of my life by marrying my bride. I have not regretted it for a second. I pray that you can be as lucky as I am in whatever decision you make!

Happy Anniversary !!!! 8)

Hey brother so glad to here you're getting out a little and things are looking up. "Nice Stang" Stay tuff my friend and don't sweat the beard thing, it will grow back thicker than Grizzly Adams.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331498#p331498 said:
fender66 » 07 Oct 2013, 14:48[/url]"]

Congrats and happy anniversary! That's quite a feat these days, I hope we last that long, we're about a week shy of our 2 year anniversary :LOL2: