Dogs - lets see em.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Smokey, He thinks he is more human than K9.... :LOL2:

Smokey2.jpg

man, I need to get new pics... but Kodiak looks pretty much the same - just a little bigger. This is him at 7months... He's almost 2 now

DSCF0210-1.jpg

russ010 said:
man, I need to get new pics... but Kodiak looks pretty much the same - just a little bigger. This is him at 7months... He's almost 2 now

DSCF0210-1.jpg

How to germans take to the summer heat of GA? Do they shed down to a thin coat?

There's no thin coat with him... I try my best to brush him atleast once per week with a Furminator (which is awesome by the way), but he blows his coat daily. The extended cab of my truck is COVERED in his hair where we went to South Carolina last weekend.

I did see a german at my base the other day doing demo's with bomb sniffing... he was shaved. I thought about that before, but not sure how he'd like it. He doesn't seem to mind the heat down here, and I keep him outside - but I also bought him a kiddie pool and keep it full of water in the shade and that is where he spends most of his time. If that dog sees water, he will be in it before you can get "NO" out of your mouth

russ010 said:
I also bought him a kiddie pool and keep it full of water in the shade and that is where he spends most of his time. If that dog sees water, he will be in it before you can get "NO" out of your mouth

I do the same thing with my GSD - she loves to swim. I even had her retrieve ducks when I woudl take her hunting

BTW Russ - the actual name is German Shedders

German Shedders is right... tiffany just got back with him from a walk while I was on my way home from work and he went head first into the ponds.... needless to say I have a nice wet, smelly business suit to go to the cleaners

danmyersmn said:
How to germans take to the summer heat of GA? Do they shed down to a thin coat?

Smokey is mixed with Norwegian Elk hound, so he has a real heavy coat. Same as Russ, We brush him like crazy to keep the fur down, but it is a never ending battle. My wife wont let him ride in her car, mine is already a mess from boating, fishing and hunting so if he goes with us, we take my truck.

this is sweetpea she was lking for a belly rub sassafras is my other basset hound they are 2 and 3 years old and wrestle and play all day long

DSCF1494.jpg

Marshall my beagle found him and his litter mates on the railroad tracks, and Purdy my Golden that I found while turkey hunting. She was only 10 weeks old.

Attachments

• flying 6-24-08 004.JPG
    flying 6-24-08 004.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 243
  • bird.JPG
    bird.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 243
Darn guys! I hate youve lost your Dogs! Im very close to mine but To have one you can hunt with as a hunting buddy. I could only imagine how it feels!
Just be thankful Of the time weve had is all I can Say.

Here is our two dogs, Niki and Buster, Niki is a Pom and is 13 next month and Buster is a rat terrier mix and will be 14 next month. Niki likes to sleep and eat, Buster lives to chase and hunt lizards, as we moved to Florida from Wisconsin so the dogs could retire from the cold. We are just along for the ride..Buster.jpg :LOL2:Niki 1.jpg

Latest posts