funny craigslist finds

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Thanks, guys. I messed up and called it Miracle Oil and it was Mystery Oil. I changed my original post. Old minds, long time ago.....Ha Ha it was about 30 years ago. richg99

They still make it. I habe some in my basement.

I am betting it ran when parked too. Only needs a carb cleaning

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-01-12-39-52.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-01-12-39-52.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 4,810
I sorry to confess - or not - that while listening to the news and drinking my coffee in the morning I have been known to wander around the World Wide Web. Sometimes I go to silly places like I did this morning. I found this on the Best of Craig's List:

Here is a search engine for all of the Craigslist ads coast to coast

https://zoomthelist.com

1244 Atchafalaya Outdoor Designs W/ 12hp Copperhead

Darryle said:
Here is a search engine for all of the Craigslist ads coast to coast

https://zoomthelist.com

1244 Atchafalaya Outdoor Designs W/ 12hp Copperhead
Thanks for that Darryle!

80's Johnson 28spl for parts or repair. Has good compression but is missing the head. All electronics still on motor. $250 obo

Owner will tell you:
"When you hold your hand over the hole, it blows it right off..."

Compression.JPG

kofkorn said:
80's Johnson 28spl for parts or repair. Has good compression but is missing the head. All electronics still on motor. $250 obo

Owner will tell you:
"When you hold your hand over the hole, it blows it right off..."

Nice, I bet you snapped that right up ha ha.

What I find funniest is the LACK of information, like year made, brand, model, condition, whether or not it has a title and or registration, whether or not the title owner matches the person selling :)

When I was looking at my newest boat and the owner had a registration, but said, "Since it had no motor it did not need a title" This is correct UNLESS (In Florida) the boat is originally sold WITH a motor THEN it WOULD have a title. Viewing the registration confirmed that a title number was recorded.

Add to that the "seller" was in "possession" of the boat, but the registration (and later to find out the title) was in his neighbors name and he was acting as an "agent"

It took a bit of wrangling to get it straightened out but both the "agent" and seller were cool dudes just wanting to sell the boat without problems.

FWIW, in Florida, If the boat were sold as "Human powered" (sans engine) it would NOT require a title, and the new owner could easily install a motor later on without any problems and later sell it with a bill of sale and possibly a copy of the registration only.

You are so very correct.

A few days ago, I found a boat that I had a real interest in on Craig's list Austin TX. About 3 hours from home. NO WAY to contact the seller!!!

I thought I'd be smart and put the exact description into Google and see if he listed it someplace else. I was RIGHT. He listed in a local paper near Austin, also.

I read that adv. which was nearly the same as the CL listing. For contact information....he LINKED me back to the original CL listing....which, of course, had no Contact Information.

The boat has been listed for three weeks. It is at a decent price, and that boat should be GONE. Bet the seller is wondering why no one seems to want to buy his boat. Ha Ha

richg99

richg99 said:
You are so very correct.

A few days ago, I found a boat that I had a real interest in on Craig's list Austin TX. About 3 hours from home. NO WAY to contact the seller!!!

I thought I'd be smart and put the exact description into Google and see if he listed it someplace else. I was RIGHT. He listed in a local paper near Austin, also.

I read that adv. which was nearly the same as the CL listing. For contact information....he LINKED me back to the original CL listing....which, of course, had no Contact Information.

The boat has been listed for three weeks. It is at a decent price, and that boat should be GONE. Bet the seller is wondering why no one seems to want to buy his boat. Ha Ha

richg99

I often see people posting another ad in the boat section quoting the ad they are interested in for exactly this reason.

stinkfoot said:
richg99 said:
You are so very correct.

richg99

I often see people posting another ad in the boat section quoting the ad they are interested in for exactly this reason.

When I was selling off stuff on craigslist I never included my personal contact info. Buyers had to use craigslist's "reply" button. That way, no phone number or email info was shared until I chose to talk to a potential buyer. Hit the "reply" button at the top of the posting and see if it gives the CL email reponse option.

Latest posts