grinds my gears!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deadmeat said:
What grinds my gears are people who change their baby at the ramp and then leave the dirty diaper in the parking lot. I watched this happen a few years ago when a woman changed a baby, pitched the loaded (and I mean LOADED) diaper in the parking lot with a trash can not more than 30' away, and then proceeded to get in the boat with her husband and head upriver. I always carry nitrile or latex gloves with me in case I come up on a traffic accident so after they left I put them on, picked up the diaper, unfolded it, and then proceeded to smear the contents all across the windshield of their SUV. By the time I was finished it looked like the windshield of an off-road racer who had just hit the largest of mud puddles. I then put the diaper under the windshield wipers and left a sticky note saying, "You forgot this."
well played sir

Not much grinds my gears. Im pretty laid back and easy going.

However, What gets me po'd in an instant is rude people who blantely try to take advantage of someone else.

JMar650 said:
Went to a small no gas motor lake last week and had to wait for almost 20 minutes for the Amish that were swimming there to move their buggies so I could get to the boat landing. It is a small parking lot and they had almost 20 buggies, mostly in front of the landing. At least they offered me some apple pie while I waited for them to hook up their horses.

That 20 minute wait was a bargain for an Amish apple pie!

I try to remain patient. My favorite place to fish is in a county park where there is a dog park and a major bike trail so in addition to people fishing and swimming off the dock there are also dogs swimming and bikers cooling off. The dock isn't specifically posted "no fishing from dock" as many MN DNR docks are so it's hard to get POed at them. I think people who aren't boaters also sometimes just don't get it that the dock is really there to launch boats. And, then there are those who are just plain idiots It seems that more and more people struggle to have access to water, at least here in MN. Thirty five years ago when I fished the rivers on the north shore of Lake Superior it was already hard to get access. State law allows legal passage along a river bank but often there was no way to get to the bank without trespassing, rappelling over the side of the river gorge or coming in at the mouth. Everybody's trying to get to the water and I'm glad to make the compromise to have public access to it even if it means having to occasionally deal with the least of god's children. Besides, they're everywhere - the highway, the mall, the grocery store - everywhere. Take a deep breath, try to subdue your urge to kill them and let it go. There is a mighty river of the thoughtless and idiotic out there and you're just swimming upstream.

Right on Dead Meat. That is foul and disgusting. People think they own everything, and others owe them something.

People who pull out in front of me, causing me to brake hard, when nobody is behind me, then they want to make a left turn a 1/4 mile down the road, and they wait for the car that is a 1/2 mile away. :evil:

People who litter, we have 4 dumpsters at work, but the boat launch must be a better place to dump trash...I started a program with the PA fish commision where if there is any possible way to trace it back to the scum ie:receipt,plate#,2 eye witnesses, we fine them, which has a $300 max penalty in PA.

Latest posts