Hot enough for you?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
102 Degrees yesterday with a heat index of over 130 degrees.......and what about today? the same thing. I still fish though.

Yes, you northerners are whimps. :LOL2:

bobberboy said:
nathanielrthomas said:
102 Degrees yesterday with a heat index of over 130 degrees.......and what about today? the same thing. I still fish though.

Yes, you northerners are whimps. :LOL2:

Come up for a visit in January sometime...

Let me rephrase that. You northerners are whimps in the summer. When winter comes around I cry like a schoolgirl when there's frost on the ground in the morning because its too cold. Theres no way in hell Im going up north in the winter. Im a whimp, I admit it.

But I still have my southern hospitality. Anytime you yankees need a break from the cold, youre welcome here anytime. Just come on down to the Heart of Dixie, I'll pour you a big ol' glass of sweet tea.

I don't know what sweet tea is but I think I'll take the cold over that heat.
It's been a nice 20(68 degrees) here the last week.
I don't know how you guys handle the heat,I have jackets for the cold.

Zum said:
I don't know what sweet tea is but I think I'll take the cold over that heat.
It's been a nice 20(68 degrees) here the last week.
I don't know how you guys handle the heat,I have jackets for the cold.

Take regular tea and pour about a pound of sugar in it... that's southern tea ;-)

My mother in law lives in Anchorage AK and she flat refuses to come to Georgia except during the winter.

Nevillizer said:
Day 9 of 100+ degree weather with no end in sight.

Are there parts of Texas that aren't humid? I lived in northern CA for a while, in the northern Central Valley. Summertime temps regularly went above 100°. I remember coming home to MN on leave once in July with the temps in the 70's-80's but with the humidity I thought I'd die. It's pretty amazing what a difference that makes. Hang in there you guys and gals.

Jim said:
I had sweet tea last year at Dale Hollow for the first time!

"Youins try the sweet tea?" The waitress said! :LOL2:

Youins? :LOL2:

But the real question is, did you try the grits?

bobberboy said:
Nevillizer said:
Day 9 of 100+ degree weather with no end in sight.

Are there parts of Texas that aren't humid? I lived in northern CA for a while, in the northern Central Valley. Summertime temps regularly went above 100°. I remember coming home to MN on leave once in July with the temps in the 70's-80's but with the humidity I thought I'd die. It's pretty amazing what a difference that makes. Hang in there you guys and gals.

Yeah, up in the pan handle, but not around here.

Jim said:
bassboy1 said:
Jim said:
I had sweet tea last year at Dale Hollow for the first time!

"Youins try the sweet tea?" The waitress said! :LOL2:

Youins? :LOL2:

But the real question is, did you try the grits?

No.......I did have hush puppies though. :D
This winter when you come down to pick up your boat, we'll be sure to get you a bowl of grits, heavily buttered, and slathered with gravy, as well as bacon, sausage, or whatever else is a part of said meal. You just don't know what you're missing.

bassboy1 said:
This winter when you come down to pick up your boat, we'll be sure to get you a bowl of grits, heavily buttered, and slathered with gravy, as well as bacon, sausage, or whatever else is a part of said meal. You just don't know what you're missing.
8)

bassboy1 said:
Jim said:
[/quote]

Don't forget the country ham.. if you guys have it.

I had some guys down from RI a few years ago on a hunt that couldn't believe that you could eat a ham that had mold on it and had just been hanging at room temperature for a year or so.

Jim said:
bassboy1 said:
8)

Jim, are you coming down to our neck of the woods?

Quackrstackr said:
bassboy1 said:
Jim said:

Don't forget the country ham.. if you guys have it.

[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Dang right, we have it. Staple in our household.

What a difference day makes. I'm in heaven.

weather.jpg