Hot enough for you?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BassAddict said:
Bring on the heat, Ill save my complaining for when temps drop below 50!!!

Below 50! Up here in the great frozen North, we'd still have about 80° to go before we hit the bottom. We'd consider 50° to be balmy. At the U of M where I work, it's common to see kids in shorts and flip-flops at any temp above 40° (but they are college kids!).

bobberboy said:
BassAddict said:
Bring on the heat, Ill save my complaining for when temps drop below 50!!!

Below 50! Up here in the great frozen North, we'd still have about 80° to go before we hit the bottom. We'd consider 50° to be balmy. At the U of M where I work, it's common to see kids in shorts and flip-flops at any temp above 40° (but they are college kids!).

pssssshhhhh.... 50 degree nights justify bonfires and shorts around here.

I'm with Quakr on this one...I'm in Southern Illinois and the humidity is horrible here. We have been averaging temps in the mid to upper 90's with heat index well above 100 for about 2 months now. Tomorrow and Friday are supposed to be 99-100 with heat index of almost 115. Luckily I will be on KY drinkin some cold ones!

I will also state that I hate the heat. Once it hits about 60 I start sweatin my butt off.

Here in W. Arkansas it is going to have 115 heat index today. No fishing last couple of weeks cuz it is too hot in the daytime and I have no lights on the boat for night. Am going to remedy that so I can get on the water.

The weather finally broke today. It's 79° and 48% humidity at 9:30 and it looks like upper 60's overnight. Don't know how long that's going to hold though. The barometer is falling - it hasn't rained in about 30 hours so I guess we're due pretty soon. The heat, humidity and rain have made things grow unbelievably fast this year. You can't turn your back on the zucchini plants or they'll produce baseball bat sized fruits and you can watch the lawn grow - if you dare to be outside.

You Southern/Eastern guys probably think we're whimps here but the dew point right now is 77° even though the temp is only 89° our heat index is 102°. At St. James, about 2 hrs SW from here the heat index is 114° and I think we're in for some storms tonight. In a place where the water is frozen for half the year, this feels kind of gross - not as gross as winter wind chills in the -30's or -40's but still pretty gross. I wanted to work on my boat but, as Ella Fitzgerald sang it, "it's too darn hot".

Consistent mid to high 90's here. Don't know what the heat index is, besides hot. Home AC went out over the weekend - part finally came in, and AC tech. was able to fix it today.

I can keep the shop around 83, provided the roll up door stays shut, and I can work on something inside. If I have to open the door for any reason, either for a larger job, or just to bring materials in, it'll shoot up to the high 80s in a matter of minutes, especially in the AM, when the sun is shining against the door. I have to work in sleeves and pants, too. I'm just doing TIG stuff though, so it isn't all bad. I really feel for some of the guys doing stick welding jobs outside, where they are in this sun and humidity, having to wear full leathers.

It is to hot still, Hows every one else still doing? Right now its 9:10, 90F, with a index of 111. Today while mowing I stopped and checked the radio for temp and heard them say 124 index. And we still ain't in the middle of the heat wave yet. :beer:

It was 102 when I left work at 5:30 here. No idea what the index got up to. The neighbor said he heard 115 but it had to be higher than that. It was 100/118 when I checked the temperature online at lunch.

It's so hot that my air conditioner here at the house can't keep up with it, nor can his... and he just spent nearly 4 grand installing a new unit. Both of us walked into 80* houses tonight. My unit hasn't quit since I got home over 3 hours ago and there's no telling how long it had run continuous before that. My electric bill is going to be higher than my house payment this time around. :(

I left work today, and the temp gauge in my truck read 103. The heat index for tomorrow is supposed to be around 110. I try not to let our a/c run continuos, and will crank it down where to whehe it cycles. All the ceiling fans in the house are on and that helps keep the cool air circulating more. At least the grass has really slowed-down growing. Less mowing, and less fuel to buy for lawnmower, weedeater, and blower.

Sounds like August could to be pretty grim for you guys east of the Mississippi. I live 4 blocks west of the river and it's been kinda gross for the past several days, but not like you've described. Are you guys out fishing in this relentless sun and heat? I can't deal with it. I have so much outdoor work to do and when I get home all I do is lie on the couch and watch old episodes of the Simpsons. The garden is out of control, the lawn is up to here and I'm too drained to do anything. The squirrels are starting to take advantage of this and the balance of power could shift at any minute. I usually love summer and the heat but this year is really a bit much.

Can't wait till October gets here. I'm sick of this heat. Forecast for Atlanta today is 97 with a heat index of 103 to 107 (in the shade).