I wanna go fast!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fish2keel said:
Lonlb, That is some amazing speeds and amazing builds! Im assuming you have a marina or boat shop since you said your business and performance imagine. Where was your business? Pictures would be amazing

Crazymanme, Wow that is crazy that motor can do that! Is it stock or did you bore it or something? Great pictures! I dont think I could be that close to the water doing 60-70 mph

I was the engine department manager for the fiberglass division of Bennington Marine. They sold to Sea Fox boats I think it was. Moved from Northern IN, to South Carolina. Lost my job of close to 11 years.
Anyhow it was fun while it lasted.

Those boats were only a step in the right direction. The 27ft boat (sold as a 29fter because of the platform) could have been a 100 MPH boat with a little tweaking of the boat, and the right engine combination.

Wow thats some crazy speeds! Thats cig boat speeds actually

I know going fast on the river isnt really something that happens since its hard to do it but something with lots of power on the river is fine. Ive seen the twin cummings river boats and there turbos roaring

Wakeboard boats need to go slow and throw a big wave. Many have a ballast tank to help with the wave. Any 18'-22' I/O bowrider can make an acceptable one though. Just add tower. Try to find one with a 4.3L or preferably already a SBC, otherwise you will have some glass work for motormounts, etc. Spring is a good time to shop, when the owners find the cracked blocks from not winterizing. Probably have to look a bit futher north than your location though. A rather stock 350 vortec 4brl, will get close or at 60mph.

This is from another forum, but Quoting the the guy that shot the above video's he said this..

"A few weeks ago the group from screamandfly.com had a get together in Sanford Fl. I ran 130 miles over the weekend and got some good video. This is probably the best one but check out the others as well. I no....no rod holders. The other boat has those
One of the guys has a flats boat (custom) that runs in the low 80's.
I was the slowest boat at the event and the only 4 cylinder. Set up for the this run I can hit 75mph with fuel and cooler. She runs 83mph set up for top end spinning a 28 pitch cleaver. The boat is a 13' Biel tunnel hull and Im pretty sure its the fastest stock 4 clylinder pleasure boat in the country". MrDemeanor.

They need to make some aluminum boats like that rigged with a couple 300hp outboard jets for you Missouri guys! Of course those shoal runners and gators just as fast!

Reed,

Those boats are amazing! I saw that most of them all run mercurys except for that guy with the flats boat. Man those boats were screaming!

In the second video the second boat in the video right at the beginning is the boat Im wanting to grab next.

I wish I could find the pictures and video of my ole friends bass boat. That was one of the first real times I got to see speed first hand on a boat. He had a cajun bass boat with a 300hp on the back and had done all kind of things to it! That thing did 90+ mph! I remember him taking me out and saying well be at the spot in 10 minutes and I didnt believe him. He put the hammer down and it was just mind numbing fast!

I wouldn't mind building a fast flats boat but I never fish salt water. I fish off shore but not in shore. They are sweet boats though! N

Never really cared for the hydrofull hulls close to the middle to end of that video. Not really my thing.

I been contemplating building a nice woody that would stay with the big boys like that. Ya'll saw any plans for a medium 14-16 speed machine on line? I Want something super light, super-duper fast and seating for two (maybe 4). I need a new project with the tin done, and really love the wooden boats classic and smooth look.

I havent seen the plans for the boat. A wood boat would be good im not sure of how fast it would go and it stay together though. Fiberglass for speed I would think would be better

fish2keel said:
Wow thats some crazy speeds! Thats cig boat speeds actually

I know going fast on the river isnt really something that happens since its hard to do it but something with lots of power on the river is fine. Ive seen the twin cummings river boats and there turbos roaring
Mid 40's is screaming on the skinny parts of the rivers. Run in between a 8ft gap where the river splits a 40 and see if that won't do something for yah. Love running skinny water. always puts a smile on my face. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blue rude You got pictures? Videos? Anything?

I love going out with friends on a river! I dont get to do it but a few times a year in alaska but its one rush that its hard to compare to! So much water moving so fast and so many things that can go wrong!

Last time I went out was on at hells canyon in talkeetna alaska!

Ok can someone please tell me how big these john boats are? Thats I want my grizzly to look like! GOOD GRIEF!

https://youtu.be/SaLb0-y0Fvg

The one with the merc looks like a 1648 or 1650. And that Merc looks like a 50hp (even though it says 40 on the title).

And it is def not stock. You can tell by the sound of it that it has some type of mods done....Exhaust and rev limiter for sure and probably carbs/jetting, and maybe even head work too.

Reedjj,

Right on the money! I sent the guy an email and he responded this morning. He owns a performance company with 40hp outboards mostly in mine in cali. He did all that you said including a low sucking lower unit! Pretty amazing stuff! Its a 59 cubic inch motor.

59 c.i., that is a lot of displacement for 40hp or 50hp. They defiantly pushing way more then that and mounted with a jack plate.

If you noticed, those boats are stripped, maybe dry weight of the boat alone be in the hood of 250lbs. Horse to weight ratio= :D