Launch Fee

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would take the fun out of fishing quickly. I pay 5 to $7 per day to fish.

If you take a buddy, that price goes down. One guy who is always welcome in my boat is the guy who gets his half (or every other) launch fee. One guy also buys bait for 2 and tries to tip for gas. I told him to forget the gas since it doesn't use much anyway.

Since I have the boat and am almost always willing to go when he wants, he doesn't seem to mind. Probably worth it it have someone else charge the batteries, trailer the boat, pick you up at home, drive you to the lake, launch, take you to fish, reload boat, then drop you off at home afterwards in once piece. Dang, I'm starting to think he's getting the better deal!

most of the public/Conservation/Cor of Engineers lakes here in Mo. and also in Ill. are $3.00 except for some that charge a $5.00 fee on weekends.

Hey BassTender, That's hiway robery by any standard. Here is a link to New Jersey State Boat Ramps and their services
which appear much more reasonable.
https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/boat_ramp_guide.pdf
and
https://crssa-ext.rutgers.edu/boatramps/
Report this boat ramp for GOUGING! :evil: What is the name of this marina and where are they?

Southwest Louisiana, no charge at Parish ramps and they are very nice ramps... They figure the more people that access waterways equals more boat/fuel/tackle sales which boost taxes... At least someone is thinking !!!

Hydro

my area is northern california.
to launch in the delta, 10-15 bucks includes parking. we have some free ramps, but you get what u pay for free = broken windows, missing trailer parts or trailers.

local lakes, launch, park, inspection fee (mussels linspections) 18.00 plus fishing tag, add another 5 bucks or 23.00 for a day, launch, park, fishing tag.

we have a lake about 2 hours away that charges 32.00 for two guys, boat, fish tag, parking. but they plant some huge trout in that lake so a 32 pound five fish limit is pretty common. thats fillets! not whole fish!

average price for lakes around here is 20-23 bucks.

as for the sierra mountains, most lakes are free, with the exception of the larger lakes that have a real ramp.

dino

i was finally able to go to the launch thats about 5 miles south of me. i was shocked to see about 200 yards or more of parking, a road that circles the parking, with parking in the middle and both sides. two concrete launches that are wide enough for two boats and there was a police stationed there with a camper - no fee at all (at least i hope not haha)

dkonrai said:
.....as for the sierra mountains, most lakes are free, with the exception of the larger lakes that have a real ramp.

dino

We fish the Eastern Sierras a lot. Grant lake as I remember was $10 for the use of a steep dirt path. June Lake has two launch ramps, I think they were $10 for Big Rock and $14 for June Lake lodge. The June lake lodge is a much nicer ramp. Silver Lake is free, but the ramp is not maintained regularly and parking can be a problem as campers overflow into the launch ramp area. Gull Lake has the best free ramp around. It is much nicer than most pay ramps.

I really enjoy fishing Saddleback Lake but refuse to drive my boat and trailer up that bouncy dirt road. We pay to ride the water taxi to the other side of the lake and fish from shore where there are fewer people.

nomowork said:
dkonrai said:
.....as for the sierra mountains, most lakes are free, with the exception of the larger lakes that have a real ramp.

dino

We fish the Eastern Sierras a lot. Grant lake as I remember was $10 for the use of a steep dirt path. June Lake has two launch ramps, I think they were $10 for Big Rock and $14 for June Lake lodge. The June lake lodge is a much nicer ramp. Silver Lake is free, but the ramp is not maintained regularly and parking can be a problem as campers overflow into the launch ramp area. Gull Lake has the best free ramp around. It is much nicer than most pay ramps.

I really enjoy fishing Saddleback Lake but refuse to drive my boat and trailer up that bouncy dirt road. We pay to ride the water taxi to the other side of the lake and fish from shore where there are fewer people.

i fish the north part of the sierras. about the furthest south is 395/hi way 4. we fish caples lake (10.00) nice brand new ramp and dock. its a four laner! silver lake (off 88) free, but the ramp is mostly gravel and you do get wet. we also fish the gold lake basin area. we have about 4 decent lakes and 1 large lake, packer, salmon, sardine, gold, snag lakes. all are free and sit about 6-7000 elevation. its like a mini condensed sierra type area. google sierra city nice area if you get a chance. no huge fish but lots of them.

dino

$25 each way is absurd. I live in the DC area and while the cost of everything is sky high, ramps are downright reasonable compared to that - we pay $5-10 for a launch. There is a semi-private launch that grants access to a local private reservoir for $250 annually that I've considered, but I didn't think I'd be making it out to the lake 10-20 times to make it worth it.

Free public ramps on most lakes in North Texas. $4 a day at Core parks and $8 to $10 a day at most private marinas.

The Core here offers an annual pass at $36 or $18 for seniors. The annual pass covers both lanching and day use. I buy that so I can park in a gated facility. We have cars broken into at a few of the free ramps and trailer license plates stolen several times a year. You want to pick and chose your free ramps. Watching the forums, you find out which ones have problems and they tend to be the seldom used ramps or ramps that have parking lots that are not visable from the lake.

In Oregon, the vast majority of state and federal "improved" ramps are $5 (in and out, including parking), though one can buy a $30 annual pass. Most are very nice and in good condition. There also is a good number of free ramps sponsored by either the state or one of the local hydroelectric agencies. Most are unimproved but fine for smaller boats. I had the week off so I fished two of the latter this week. The one I visited yesterday was satisfactory for rafts but not a hard hull. So I pulled out the float tube. 70 acres, pristine surroundings and I was the only one on the lake all day.

Last Sunday I pulled my boat out. $25 later it was on the trailer. This new ramp that was built this year at a mini gold course/ restaurant is very fancy compared to most. It has these lockable posts that prevent anyone from just backing their truck down and launching/retrieving their boat without paying. I guess the guy needs a way to re- coupe the money he spent on building the Mini Golf Course on the water with 50 + docks.