Launch Fee

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gramps50 said:
The county park by me charges $2 per day on the weekends & holidays. Other times it's free. All the state ramps I have seen are Free here. I don't think I would even consider paying $25 to launch my boat to many other places to fish.
Was at the park today (George Winter Park) and they now have a $5 per day launch fee everyday. Not sure about an annual option. Hadn't been there in a while the water has been to low. :cry:

Most of the lakes in Southern California are around $16 to park and launch, some are more. For the most part, I tow my tin to the Sierras (about six hours one way) because the water there is much cleaner, the fish taste better and a lot less people! Most charge around $10 to park and launch but there are some really nice lakes that are free.

nomowork said:
Most of the lakes in Southern California are around $16 to park and launch, some are more. For the most part, I tow my tin to the Sierras (about six hours one way) because the water there is much cleaner, the fish taste better and a lot less people! Most charge around $10 to park and launch but there are some really nice lakes that are free.

Hey new to the fishing world just got my first boat. Live next to castaic lake so been going there and Elizabeth lake a lot. Can u recommend any other places

Socal399 said:
Hey new to the fishing world just got my first boat. Live next to castaic lake so been going there and Elizabeth lake a lot. Can u recommend any other places

We fished from shore at Elizabeth Lake once. That place is so remote it gave me a creepy feeling as I was constantly looking over my shoulders.

There's Pyramid Lake just up the road from Castaic. Watch out for the afternoon winds though as I had to cut an anchor line at Pyramid Lake when the swells built up suddenly in the afternoon and my anchor got stuck on the bottom and I started taking on water.

For fresh water fishing, we usually just go for a week and rent a condo in the Sierras during the trout season.

Sorry for the confusion, it is $25 each way, so $25 when going inthe water and $25 to pull it out. This is what most marinas charge, this is not the only marina that charges this much

Captain Ahab said:
You must be fishing Lake Hopacong? Even still the launch fee for a resident is $20.00

The only place I paid even close to that was Higbees Marina in Fortesque (I think it was $15.00) But they use a railway launch - you drive up they lift your boat and put in on the railway into the water - when you come it they have your trailer waiting and pull it out and set it on the trailer - great stuff!

Ido not think you are running an 11 foot boat there?

Yes i am fishing lake hopatcong. Many marinas are $20 but ther is a new one down the road from me so i figure an extra $5 for convience is worth it. And yes i am running an 11', it is crazy but usally i only take that out when it is calm, i have bigger speedboats because the lake is very choppy on the weekend.

I have to remember to avoid Hopatcong. Most of the ramps for Raritan bay are $20-$25 but that's for the day, not each time you are physically on the ramp.

basstender10.6 said:
Sorry for the confusion, it is $25 each way, so $25 when going inthe water and $25 to pull it out. This is what most marinas charge, this is not the only marina that charges this much

WOW! I only every paid a one time launch fee - never had to pay to take the boat out

Drag your boat up my way - no fees and much larger lakes (about and hour and a half from you)

basstender10.6 said:

I just cannot believe this, $50 a day. I would either find some good shore/wading fishing, or stop fishing. I couldn't afford to pay that.

Here in Michigan we pay 10.00 a year for a stamp that goes on your license plate and that includes entrance fees to all the state parks and state boat ramps.

sawmill said:
Here in Michigan we pay 10.00 a year for a stamp that goes on your license plate and that includes entrance fees to all the state parks and state boat ramps.

i like that. wish there was something like that here in LA

the two lakes i fish at charge 5 a day or 40 a year but thats to fish both reseviors. and 800 plus acres of water.

I have a house on lake hopatcong, and it is too rough to keep my 11' boat in the water all summer, so I just put it in when I want to use it. I would launch it from my dock.... if it didn't weigh over 400 pounds with the gas motor, trolling motor and battery. I wish I could find a public ramp like most smaller lakes have on the lake I am on.

basstender10.6 said:
I have a house on lake hopatcong, and it is too rough to keep my 11' boat in the water all summer, so I just put it in when I want to use it. I would launch it from my dock.... if it didn't weigh over 400 pounds with the gas motor, trolling motor and battery. I wish I could find a public ramp like most smaller lakes have on the lake I am on.

Build yourself a boat lift on that dock and pick it up out of the water. 400 lbs, you could do that with a come-along.

Tim

$8.00 for 7-days . . .
Lake Powell is 186 miles long and has 1,960 miles of shoreline, which is longer than the entire west coast of the continental United States.

$5 for a local private ramp on a small river. All the other river ramps are public and free.

The Corp Lakes are $3 if you aren't a registered camper.

basstender10.6 said:

I think I'd try to work out a deal for a yearly launch fee,descibe your situation,the size of your boat,etc.
That price is just crazy.