Lowe 1236

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really panic, just they were hitting it funny, trying more to wound it 1st, than just inhaling it like usual. I should have changed colors, but only fished for another 20 mins or so b4 calling it because the swells were starting. 2+ foot swells are not uncommon at the Stickmarsh.

Heres what it looked like when i was headed back in @ 9am. the wind was only supposed to be 5-10 early 10-15mph for the day.
100_1460.jpg

way to slime the new boat! That fish has huge eyes. That hook looks buried to the barb....ouch!

Yeah it can get bad there very fast. I didnt go too far out today because it was already windy and i knew it was going to get worse. I plan on going back in the next few days, when the wind dies down again.

heres some old pics of the Stickmarsh and also a link to a good read about the place Stickmarsh Articlestickmarsh2.jpg

Attachments

• stickmarsh4.jpg
    stickmarsh4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,876
Being slightly warped....I want to know the manner in which you removed the hook.....did you back it out, or snip it & continue on through?? I guess there is an Option #3....Rambo knife :mrgreen:

Great pics!

ST

12ft, I was on lake kissimmee last month when a huge severe storm came in. There were 5 ft swells on the lake. We weathered the storm at a camp, the 13 ft boat being by far the smallest out there that came in - I saw some folks in fiverglass rigs come in during the middle of the storm and whatnot. The wind got up to at least 65 mph. That was scary.

Well ST, it was buried in there pretty dang good as you can see. Luckily I was near shore where there was like 4 people bank fishing. They seen it happen, and i checked it out and took the pic of it, and knew i would need a little help. So i pulled over to shore and asked for help to just hold the lure, while I used my needlenose pliers to press the skin down to get the point to come thru a new hole. Then cut the point off below the barb. Its usually pretty simple. But that 1 was buried deep, at a weird angle. It had such a good chunk of meat that it wasnt easy to make it continue on thru, which is why i needed the help. When i got it out, I thanked the guy for helpin me, and he laughed sayin no thanks needed, "I know that had to hurt like hell", had to tell him no the one i got in my neck/shoulder hurt like hell, but only because we spent 20 mins and 2 other people trying to back it out, which just wasnt going to happen. Skin is waaay to tough to back out a barbed hook thats buried deep. After i got back in boat and moved back over where that happened, made a cast missed a bass 2 times then made 2 more casts and caught that dink.

Yeah I know im rambling on

Thanks for the explanation. Actually I ask because I've been lucky for too long a time now....and just wanted to know the least painful way when it's my turn #-o Times like that, barbless hooks don't look so bad :wink:

ST

Yeah. hehe, I think its painful any time it happens just some worse than others. The 1st and 2nd time, I actually got sick from thinking about it too much. what they call mild shock i guess :lol: The 5th time, this time was no big deal, I knew what had to be done and was ok with it. actually had a good laugh with myself, as the tiny torpeedo is the only lure i have done this with. not once, but 5 times now! They fly at you so fast (they dont call em torpeedo for nothing!) sometimes you just cant move fast enuff to dodge it. 3 times now its been when i had a fish on, and it spit it. I had snagged in the grass 1st time and low in a tree the 2nd time and was jerking it to pull it loose.

Lessons Learned,
(rod angle makes a difference here!)
(barbed hooks dont come back out the way they went in!)
(push hook on through skin past the barb and cut or break off below barb as soon as possible!)

Hope my experiences help others avoid having to go through this. Or atleast making it easier to get through it.

Fishing trip #2 - Just a few miles from home.
Missed fish 1
Caught 3
Released 3

A Pic of part of the old phosphate pit I fished today.

100_1503.jpg

2nd fish caught, forgot to take pic of 1st.. #-o

100_1505.jpg

3rd fish caught

100_1506.jpg

Thanks :) It is some really beautiful water, clean. The place just looks awsome, but the catching isnt as good as it should be..

Guess I should start posting my trips in the fishing reports section from now on

I was thinking the same thing,sure is a nice looking body of water.All them trees hanging over the water,nice spot.

nice area i use to fish some rock mines in central fl they was loaded with big bass you hade to have permision to fish them lots of bass over 10lbs

what size trolling motor is that??? im modding a 1436 and am doing everything light so i can go electric only...

12ftModder said:

hey, i am doing the exact front deck for the TM ,, but im scratching my head right now, im stuck at ,, how did u mount the front board on the boat, i see you have 4 screws or bolts,, .. in the inside of the boat are you using a bracket or something i see the bolt and butterfly nut, but what did you use? and what type of bracket that was bolted to the boat? and did u screw the board in the front of the boat ,,???,,
thanks

Sorry for the delay been quite busy lately. to answer your question I used 5 ss bolts with ss washers and ss locknuts. I reinforced the bow by using flat aluminum, and riveted the angle aluminum to the sides of the boat. I posted pics of these in this thread. 3 bolts across front and 1 in each rear corner that attach to the 1 1/4x1/8 alum angle.

heres 2 photos i didnt post I ended up not using the front 2x2 brace seen in pics.

100_1426.jpg

100_1427.jpg