Membership Drive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say we need to do a Tee Shirt - maybe we can start a fund towards the
cost?

I need a volunteer to give me some pricing and numbers!

Fishin NJ said:
you are selling them so your cost is 100% covered. Heck if you want to you can make a small profit towards the up keep of the site by this, and im sure no member would have a problem with that.

Id buy one or two, but besides active members buying em I dont see em being an easy item to off load, but ofcourse the final decision is on Jim

I would like to do a t-shirt too. But sell them cheap enough to just cover cost and shipping.
Throw out some ideas of what youd like to see. Just the name.....a Picture....Front printing, back printing, big letters, small....Stuff like that.

Fishin NJ said:
I like back printing, I know i myself am not a big fan of front printed shirts. I look at it as it always easier to stare at ones back to read a shirt then to stare at their front, unless there is some added billboard lol :lol: But as for print i think shamoo had a real good idea with the jon boat thing perhabs something along those lines, plain but to the point, a dark shirt white print is prob the cheapest. I know when we use to order 100's of shirts for my fire dept we alway did best with a dark blue shirt with white print or if we wanted to spend alittle more then a colored print.

Jim maybe throw this shirt idea in to a scheduled chat session one night and see what everyone thinks its prob easier to toss around ides there then to keep posting.

Good point! I emailed a local artist, for his idea on this. He did a local forums tshirt, so Im hoping he can do this for us here.

If tee shirts are decided on, I would strongly recommend paying a little more for a top quality shirt (BeefyTee or Lee, 100% cotton). I have never liked the cheap ones that are too thin and wear out faster and shrink. A good one will last a long time. Like Fishin NJ, I also have ordered hundreds of t-shirts and polos for several years. I used to get screen-printed top quality Tees for around $9-10 for small orders. less for large orders. Worth every penny above the cheapies.

If the T-shirt idea works, you could later look at a good polo with embroidery (maybe a small logo on the front, emboidered and rich looking)

BTW, I want to ride in back with a parashoot 8)

To everyone in this fine club:

Please invite at least one person to join TinBoats.net

Now is the time to push for a few new members. With the onset of the slow fishing time for most of us we now turn to other activities:

1. We fondle our baits and dream of spring and big fish;

2. We work on the boat (or at least make plans to work on the boat); and,

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY, we talk about fishing, tackle and our plans to work on the boat

There are hundreds of thousands of others just like us, who fish when we can and talk about fishing stuff when we cannot fish.

I am urging everyone to contact one other person, whether that person is a friend, enemy, relative or just some screen name on another site and invite them to join TinBoats

Make the call

Send an email

Write a letter

Get a new member!

This site gives and gives and all Jim asks in return is that we spread the word. If you have a won a prize, received a gift or hope to in the future you need to return the favor.

Thanks to everyone we have a great site that is getting greater

The T-shirt idea sounds fantastic.

As far as inviting others to the site, my hands are tied. All the other sites I belong to, are nothing more than people who just want to cause chaos, and create negativity. I wouldn't want to invite any "bad eggs" to this site.

I just found this thread and thought I'd offer up a Bumper Sticker/Logo idea for inspection & approval.

Attachments

• TinBoats.Net LogoFinal.gif
    TinBoats.Net LogoFinal.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 407
Mr. esquired is right, we have to invite at least one friend to join

I agree, T's would rock and maybe later we can get some lids(hats) I know they are my weak-ness :wink:

I am waiting for the first "rendition" (SP?) from a local artist I contacted for the tshirts.

Docwatson, That looks cool! I might have to make that a decal. Also I am thinking of changing the slogan..we are going to need to take a poll.

More like this ???

Keep in mind that the background is transparent and will show the forum colors as the "new" background. Also, the edges of the text and image are jagged because the forum will only render images at a lower resolution (640X480) than the image is in reality, causing some loss of quality.

Attachments

• TinBoats.Net LogoFinal2.gif
    TinBoats.Net LogoFinal2.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 392
it looks good as far as a shirt color goes I would be in favor of a light color shirt if you are wearing it on your boat a dark color will get hot also be sure that you can get some MAN size shirts 2 and 3xl will do

Wayne

With shirts, go for a dark tee, black or navy blue with no pocket in front they cost more, White print, put a small logo on the front left chest and a large logo on the back.

With asking members I already asked everyone I know, but want me to start ringing doorbells :)

Fishin NJ said:
Now all we need is Jim driving it and esquired hanging on for dear life in the back. :lol:

"Esquired Drives the Boat, Chief, Jim chums!"

jaws1.jpg

I'm doing my part. I put my bumper sticker on a piece of magnet.

Excuse the frost on the car, wiped the frost off the stickers for this photo.

normal_IMG00066.JPG