My Big Sweeeeeeety

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris I am so sorry to hear this, my heart is breaking for you and your family. I know mine have never been just dogs...they are part of your family and you are right they love you unconditionally. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

That is bad news. She is a beautiful dog. It is especially tough when you have kids.

Take care. I will be thinking about you.

I sure am sorry to hear that, Chris. One of my good friends lost his best buddy (chocolate lab) just last year to the exact same scenario that you are facing.

They truly are man's best friend.

Sorry to hear about this. Prayers Sent. I went through a horrible experience with a pet last night....still rattled. Hang in there.

Hang in there fender....

Very sorry to hear... You, your family, and your big sweeeeeety have my prayers...
[-o< [-o< [-o<

I am also a dog lover...always have been always will be.... my other favorite website has a thread in the general discusion forum specifically dedicated to loosing a dog... it is called "One Less Dog In The House Tonight". It is for people who are loosing or have lost their dog. There are a lot of touching stories and support there. Every time I read this discussion I tear up just thinking about loosing my best friend.,.

https://www.lake-link.com/boards/forums/viewposts.cfm?Thread_ID=42677

The website would be https://www.lake-link.com They also have a forum dedicated just to dogs and hunting dogs in general... I did a search for "Dog" once and got more hits than any other seach I have ever done, and the website is a sprortsmans website..not a dog website...

I have a Black Lab mix, Buck (best dog I ever owned). He has gotta be going on 16 -17 yrs. and I expect his day is coming soon.

Best thing for the children is to be honest and include them in what is happening. Start now by telling them that God will be taking thier dog because he does not want her to suffer and there is a special place in heaven for dogs called "Doggy Heaven" where all dogs can run and play while they wait to see thier family again when they get to heaven. Been there and done that when my kids were little.....

Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman...thanks for the link. I'll check it out tonight from home. No need to be teary at work.

My girls are 12 and 13, and they are aware of what is happening. We won't make any decisions without discussing it with them first. Thanks again!

I don't know if you guys ever saw this, I like to believe it is true. I know I can never read the end because my eyes get too blurry.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry to hear the sad news, I hope your vet buddy has some kinda miracle up his sleave.

So sorry to hear this news. It is one of the sad facts of life that we must outlive our pets. I remember going through this when I was a kid, but I also remember that the experience, although tough, brought my family closer together. Good thoughts sent for you and your family...

On another note, I'm new on this forum, but I am completely impressed by the civility and sense of family I see among the members.

On another note, I'm new on this forum, but I am completely impressed by the civility and sense of family I see among the members.

Stick around...it only gets better. I promise! These guys are the best!

Oh..and of course, welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you here to share in our joys, and unfortunately, our sorrows.

BassGeek54 said:
I don't know if you guys ever saw this, I like to believe it is true. I know I can never read the end because my eyes get too blurry.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

snip snip....

I also like to think there's a place called Rainbow Bridge. What I wouldn't give to see my old friends again. And yes, I get a dog hair in my eye every time I read it.