My Big Sweeeeeeety

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i some how missed this whole ordeal, for that im sorry, i have lost many dogs in a short time, and it dosent get any easier, my condolences go out to you and yours, i still hear thier lil dog tags rattle and i look around, i know that they are gone but i still perk up like they are gonna be there, keep your head up and remember the good times, although sad youll get by, just dont watch tv with the commercial of the dogs who need homes on the tends to pull at the strings a lil. take care :(

So sorry to hear of your loss Chris. As I too have been there before. Had our childhood pet put down due to old age. My own first dog died in my arms one night,that was tuff. And the most recent one was our Chow had to be put down about 10yrs ago.That one was the toughest. We also lost two cats in the last 10 yrs to kidney failure. I can't bring myself to do it again,so no more pets. At least for a while. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Fender,
I feel my time will be around the corner with Zorba, I dread the day. But as stated before, Life goes on and time heals all wounds. NOW is the time to bring home a new pup. :D

:(

Jim said:
Life goes on and time heals all wounds. NOW is the time to bring home a new pup. :D :(

You are correct. Time will heal. I have considered a new pup....but it just too soon. Maybe around Christmas again. We'll see.

I agree about the puppy. I've had my childhood dog pass and the another one and it is hard when there isn't a dog there to greet you. I feel that you think about it more if there isn't another pet guarding you. You will never forget but a new dog will help people heal and create new memories with also the old memories. Hope everything gets better for you! I think you might get a new dog sooner because honestly everyday without a dog always reminds you of the one that just past and its depressing!

it is a vicious circle, the whole old pet ,new pet thing seems as though it never ends, i want a dog but the soon to be mrs wants kids first i think, i can take a dog fishing, and not worry about it i think i would be a wreck taking a lil one out, so shell prob get her kid and ill get my puppy, work out a lil trade off... :LOL2:

Chris, I am sorry to hear about your pup. I understand your pain I we had to do the same with our dog, Hershey, a few months back. Every time I go back to my parents house I find myself looking around for her or expecting her to be there when I walk in the door. It still breaks my heart. She had been around for over half of my life. Just take comfort knowing that she is in a better place. She won't have to suffer from anymore pain and know that you will surely see her again one day.

I just hope mine is up on a couch somewhere sleeping on her back or taking a swim in the lake.

Chris,

Sorry for your loss. I just read the whole thread and see that you and your family went through a lot with Holly. A sudden loss is one thing and devastating in and of itself, but a prolonged illness like this can certainly take it's toll on everyone. I'm sure the decission you made was for the best and I dread the day I have to make that call with my Bandit. Of course mine is just a cat... yeah right.. just a cat...

I know how you feel.....

Copy of my original post in this thread...

Outdoorsman Post subject: My Big SweeeeeeetyPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 14:35

Location: Silver Lake Wisconsin Report this postEdit postReply with quote

Hang in there fender....

Very sorry to hear... You, your family, and your big sweeeeeety have my prayers...

I am also a dog lover...always have been always will be.... my other favorite website has a thread in the general discusion forum specifically dedicated to loosing a dog... it is called "One Less Dog In The House Tonight". It is for people who are loosing or have lost their dog. There are a lot of touching stories and support there. Every time I read this discussion I tear up just thinking about loosing my best friend.,.

https://www.lake-link.com/boards/forums/ ... d_ID=42677

The website would be https://www.lake-link.com They also have a forum dedicated just to dogs and hunting dogs in general... I did a search for "Dog" once and got more hits than any other seach I have ever done, and the website is a sprortsmans website..not a dog website...

I have a Black Lab mix, Buck (best dog I ever owned). He has gotta be going on 16 -17 yrs. and I expect his day is coming soon.

Best thing for the children is to be honest and include them in what is happening. Start now by telling them that God will be taking thier dog because he does not want her to suffer and there is a special place in heaven for dogs called "Doggy Heaven" where all dogs can run and play while they wait to see thier family again when they get to heaven. Been there and done that when my kids were little.....

Outdoorsman

Ok...Here is why I know how you feel...

Copy of my post on lake_link.com...

Post Date: 7/12/11 11:47 AM CST
USER: Captain Black [ view profile ] [ send private message ] [ ignore user ]
Level: MEMBER Joined: 2/6/2009 Status: ONLINE

Yea... It was Buck's time this past Sat. night..I ahve been trying to keep him going for about 3 weeks now, but I literally had NO CHOICE... He had lost control of bodily functions, back legs were not working anymore, in a lot of pain...... If you look back far enough in this thread, you will find a few posts that mention his time coming soon.....
I was with him at the end, when the vet gave him the injection.... face to face, nose to nose, petting his head and talking the "puppy talk" he enjoyed while growing up... Also my ex and present (same person) lady friend was there and as Buck remebers her from years past, made thing easier on both Buck and myself.... Thanks Sandie....

15+ yrs. together, best friend, best dog, best companion I ever had...

He was a Black Lab mix...

Can't type anymore right now.... literally hard to see through the tears...

If it can be said that real men don't cry, all I can say is that those real men never owned a dog for 15 years.....

Captain Black....

GOODBYE MY BUCK....OOOWWWWWWWWWW, HHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HWOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL,WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,YEOWWWWWWWWWWW....OOOOWWWWWWWW, HOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, YEOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW,.

[This post was last edited on 7/12/11 at 1:18 PM]

[ REPORT ABUSE ] [ Edit Post ] [ Print this message ]

Outdoorsman
a.k.a. "CaptainBlack"

Dang Chris. Just found this thread today. Haven't been on here much in the past several months. My heart goes out to you and your family. You'll always have a hole in your hearts where Holly's memories stay. Nothing else will ever fill that hole. A good dog like Holly is truly a blessing.

I lost my best friend Bo (in my avatar <---- ), two years ago this past March, and I still miss him dearly, and still shed silent tears for him at times. But, in my heart, I truly believe that we'll be reunited with our beloved pets when we make that trip to the next life.

But know this, Holly wouldn't want you to be sad. She'd try to cheer you up, if she could. Also, she knows that no other dog will ever take her place in your heart. I've experienced things in my time that convince me that dogs can see things in the spiritual world that we cannot. And I believe that her spirit is still near you. Because of this, I believe that when you bring another dog into your life, she will somehow teach that dog some of the things that she knows you love. It may take a while, but you'll sometimes suddenly see some little something that will remind you of her. But don't expect that new dog to BE Holly. That will never happen. Every dog is unique, with it's own personality.

So, don't be afraid to bring another dog into your life. And when the time is right for that, you might want to consider adopting through a humane society or rescue group. I've heard a lot of folks say that adopted/rescued dogs truly are grateful for a new, loving home.

Again, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family as you pick your way through this difficult time.

Tim