My Big Sweeeeeeety

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again guys....I really appreciate the prayers and thoughts. You all are like family, and some of you even better!

Hey Chris -- what is the lastest word? I was noticing that there was no update for quite awhile and we think about Holly around our place almost everyday. Our guys are our family and we know how we would feel going through such a thing. Still praying for her every night.

BassGeek54 said:
Hey Chris -- what is the lastest word? I was noticing that there was no update for quite awhile and we think about Holly around our place almost everyday. Our guys are our family and we know how we would feel going through such a thing. Still praying for her every night.

Wow...thanks a LOT! Holly is still keeping up. She has her good days and her bad days, but she's always still as faithful as ever. Talk about unconditional love....even when she feels bad. I think we have 3 or 4 more treatments to go through and then we're finished. She has lost some weight over the past couple weeks, but I think, as does our vet, that she's doing great considering what we've been putting her through. I look forward to Saturday mornings when I can stay in bed a little longer and call her up to snuggle (that's the ONLY time she's allowed on furniture). She really looks forward to that too. I almost think she knows what day of the week it is every day.

Thanks again! Really!

OH -- yes sir they know. I am so glad to hear she is still doing well. I hope that you guys have so many more years together and lots of Saturday morning snuggles. I believe that the only true 100% unconditional love I have ever seen on earth was from a dog. Bless you for taking such good care of her.

Well guys.....the time has come and this isn't good. My stomach has a pit in it so big I can hardly breathe and I hurt everywhere.

This AM I noticed that Holly had a swollen gland in her neck again. Just 5 or so weeks after we finished chemo. Took her to the vet tonight and it's back. Cancer SUCKS!

We could go through all of this again, but it would be really hard on her, not to mention the expenses. So...we had a very difficult family meeting tonight and it looks like we will put her down on Friday. We could buy some time with other meds, but it's just going to postpone the inevitable that could come in a handful of weeks or even sooner. Time for my Big Sweety to go out on a high note. This is truly excruciating for us all.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts, prayers, and support. We hope to make the next couple days the best she's ever had.

Heart goes out to ya Chris, Mom just had to put her dog Noodles down yesterday and even tho it wasent mine it still hurts. Take comfort in knowing though for your family's momentary anguish you are granting her eternal peace. My sincerest condolences :cry: :cry:

Attachments

• Noodles.JPG
    Noodles.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 473
fender66 said:
Well guys.....the time has come and this isn't good. My stomach has a pit in it so big I can hardly breathe and I hurt everywhere.

This AM I noticed that Holly had a swollen gland in her neck again. Just 5 or so weeks after we finished chemo. Took her to the vet tonight and it's back. Cancer SUCKS!

We could go through all of this again, but it would be really hard on her, not to mention the expenses. So...we had a very difficult family meeting tonight and it looks like we will put her down on Friday. We could buy some time with other meds, but it's just going to postpone the inevitable that could come in a handful of weeks or even sooner. Time for my Big Sweety to go out on a high note. This is truly excruciating for us all.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts, prayers, and support. We hope to make the next couple days the best she's ever had.

I know your pain. The vet is coming to my house today at 5:30 to put my boxer to sleep. They are like family.

I know your pain. The vet is coming to my house today at 5:30 to put my boxer to sleep. They are like family.

Prayers sent to you sir. I hope you feel better than I do (but I doubt it). I have myself so worked up I can hardly function. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Thats what sucks. You know it's for the best but it sure doesn't feel like it. Mine is just old and he took a turn for the worse today. It feels like a date for execution knowing he won't be by my side in 2 hours.

Sounds like you had some extra time with yours which is good but no one wants their pets to suffer.

Man I am so sorry to hear of Hollie's latest problem.... I will for sure want to stop by and bring her a treat next week... We too have lost a much loved pet and as everyone else has said, it is not easy...But I know there are Dogs in heaven so you can look forward to that reunion.
peace

Chris I am so sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking for you. Holy has never left our prayers and thoughts since you first told us of her getting sick. Please know that you and your family (including Holy) are in our pryaers now. I wish you guys weren't so far away. [-o< [-o< [-o< :(

Thanks guys....I really mean that.

It has been really hard on all of us. Nobody wants to come home anymore because she's not here to greet us. We will be fine though with time. I just can't believe how much this has effected me and how much I really, really miss her. Guess I'm a bigger baby than I ever imagined. :cry:

I'll post some pictures that I took of her having fun that morning in a few days.

It's good that she was able to have fun up till that point. You will always have the memories of her.

I am very sorry for you and your family. I have had many dogs over the years and know how they become part of the family and less just a dog.

Here's the final picture of my Big Sweeeeeety and me. I took pictures of all of us with her that morning before we left for the vet. I think she liked the attention. It is getting better, but we still think about her with everything we do.

Attachments

• Holly.jpg
    Holly.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239