New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:WELCOME: FuzzyGrub!

Beautiful Starcraft, absolutely beautiful! You're very lucky to have a boat that's been in the family since day one...I'm sure you know every inch of it.

I came across a slightly newer (later 60's, very early 70's...don't remember the exact year) 16' Starcraft shortly after I got my Ouachita. Price was right, but it was far gone, probably been sittin' since mid '80s, and I didn't have that kind of time to put into one, especially with a new-to-me boat that I was beginning to have mod ideas about.

Jeff Watts

Gilmer, Texas

H2S Safety supervisor

Hunting for the biggest flat bottom Jon I can find, to deck, and basically make into an affordable fishing boat.

Mike Prewett

Olive Branch, MS

Just picked up an old (pre 1970, exact year unknown) 1432. Brand unknown as there is no id tag, serial #, nothing. The plan is for some low decks, nice seats, a tm to start followed by something in the 9.9 to 15hp range. Had a 1436 over 15 years ago that I did all the work on, looking forward to making this one even nicer and getting back into fishing, been away for a long time.

After lurking for nearly a year I thought it was time to introduce myself and thank you for hosting a great forum. It is a useful resource with helpful, courteous responses and discussions. I live in northwest Florida and, after owning a series of watercraft (16' Bass Tracker, 17' Center console, 15' Gheenoe, 14' Jon boat), have been boatless for over 15 years. I recently purchased a G3 1548FL with a 25 Yamaha and 55 lb. Riptide TM. This boat has proven to be just right for fishing the rivers, salt marshes and public lakes in our area.

Richard Krause

Afternoon, gents,

No im not a doctor, Doc is my nickname that stuck after 11 year as a Medic. I served in the Army and did peacekeeping in Bosnia and fought in Iraq. Currently Im a student and not working right, but with my benefits from the service im able to support myself so I consider Nursing school my full time job. It nice to be able to Just go to school and not have to work. leaves me more time to fish.

Recently found this site after I bought a aluminum semi-v hull with 4-5 layers of bad paint on it. Initially I was looking for information on cleaning it up and repainting it something a little more appealing. I've learned alot the last two weeks of reading the forum and have decided I should join and start contributing at least a little to say thanks for everything you guys have accomplished here its a wealth of information. Ill be posting the beginnings of my Refit/restore soon and make updates as thing come along. On paper, at least , I have it all layed out I just need to execute my plan. I hope to be on the water by late July if thing go well.

Hi all New to the forums. My name is Mark I'm from Harrisburg PA area. I have a 16-48 landau Jon boat. I fish the Susquehanna River. I love to fish, hunt waterfowl, love the outdoors and I also love photography.

hey new guy here, I'm from Ruston,LA & fish the area lakes & Bayou's...I mostly white perch fish but also bass & bream fish. I had owned a 14' xpress w/stick steering & a 25 merc for several years but recently sold it & upgraded to a bigger boat. I got a SeaArk Stealth 186 with a 115 Mercury Optimax 8) Nice to find this place

Attachments

• seaark&truck.jpg
    seaark&truck.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 476
Hey new to the site, I'm a long time shore fisherman who just bought a Lowe 14' jon boat that needs a bit of TLC and the internet pushed me here, spent all last nite reading and was just in awe about some of the mods or rebuilds the members have done here, hope mine comes out half as good as stuff Ive seen here.

Also since I own a boat now, so I promise not to cus every boater I see go by when I'm fishing but I also wont be shore locked haha! Going to fish the season out as is but come winter Im going to redo here to the best of my ability.

Attachments

• 's Boat 001 (Small).JPG
    's Boat 001 (Small).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 467
DSC_0028.jpgHello all,
Sam here from sunny Florida, Love this site. My dad just gave me his old jon boat, I believe its a 1432? Anywho I found a rebuilt 1957' 7.5hp Johnson to throw on the back... My dad Has pvc pipes all over it for various reasons :shock: lol,,, I plan to make it my own this weekend. weather and baby permitting. Has anyone ever used reinforced FRP for interior wall and flooring? I feel wood will be to heavy. Thanks for having me!

Hello All!!! J from WV, gotta say I love this site!! I could honestly say I might have the most lurking time on here than any other member, been reading on this site for 4-6 weeks (unregistered) 3-5 hours every night. I just 4 days ago bought a 77' Starcraft V Bottom and cant wait to fix her up (hopefully at least 1/2 as good as some of these boats listed on here). Love these members and this site. Keep it up!

Hello all,
swapped for a boat and motor now going to use wisdom here to fix her up. I live in Southwest Missouri, in the tri-lakes area.

New here, and new to boats. I live in Mesa, AZ, and recently became a fan of fishin for bass in the desert lakes. The shore wasn't doing me any favors so I set out looking for a boat. My folks got an old 14' jon from a friend of there's and gave it to me as a gift for my first Father's Day. It came with a 1981 Evinrude 7.5 and a couple seats. I added a Motor Guide 45# TM, and an Eagle Cuda 300, and thought I had a perfect little set up. Then I found this site, and discovered a whole mess of stuff that can be done to a little aluminum job. **** you guys. :wink: Now it looks like I've got another project on my hands. I will continue to fish it as is for the rest of the summer, then work on it over the fall/winter, between hunting trips. I've already soaked up tons of ideas from you guys, and I look forward to making em happen.

Hello folks,

I am Ron from Waynesboro, PA. Registered here late last week as I had stumbled acrossed the site while searching for some boating info. I am an avid bass fisherman (shoreline) and like to river fish too on occassion. Have been fishing for aout 35 years and never once owned a boat.

I just picked up a 1970 Sea Maid 14' Aluminum jonboat from a friend of mine for FREE this Saturday, yes I was excited to see that price tag, but forgot to get a Bill Of Sale so to speak from him. Have issues with the boat and the registeration process and am hoping things work out for the best.

I am glad I have came acrossed Tinboats.net as I never knew anything about modifying Jonboats. Heck when I heard the word jonboat I just figured a plain jane aluminum boat with a small motor or oars, lol. But since looking at some of the customizing here the sky is the limit I guess.

Anyways thought I would post my Intro here and head over to the customizing section and start posting there for some info needed.