New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

I joined a few days ago. I was stumbling around on the web last week when I got my new boat and happened to stumble upon this GREAT and AMAZING website. I was given a 2006 1236 Lowe Jon Boat by my father last week and since I've been glued to this website, I've gotten soooooooo many ideas form those who have posted there projects. I will surely be posting many questions throughout the process of my new project that has already started. Again, I would like to say THANKS to all who have contributed the such detailed posts that are on this site and also to the creator himself.

Jamie

Hello, new member here. I was googling some information on making a homemade livewell and tripped across this site. After browsing around I could not believe the wealth of information available, and the sharing of information as well.

A little about myself: I am a 33yr old husband, father of 2 girls. We are in Dearborn Heights, Michigan which is a suburb of Detroit. I was recently laid off in March, and have been desperately seeking work since. I just graduated with an Associates of Business in June, so school has been keeping me busy as I am furthering my studies for my MBA. I fish, hunt, and camp and enjoy every second of the outdoors. Fishing in the Detroit River and Lake Erie for walleye is my favorite warm weather sport. I just inherited a 16' Smokercraft Super Fisherman, it has a 6' beam and is deep so it holds up well in the Lake. Michigan is great for it's fishing and hunting, so I live in the woods during hunting season patiently seeking our populated Whitetail Deer herd. This year, having obtained a 2-stroke (previously had I/O pleasure crafts), my late season fishing is gonna interfere with my bow hunting! :lol:

Thanks Jim for accepting me to this site, and I look forward to sharing and obtaining information in the future. I will be adding to the renovation thread when I begin mine this fall/winter!

Hi everyone. Looks like a great site and I'm looking foward to chatting with all of you. I don't own a boat at the moment, but I am looking at buying a 14' Tracker this weekend, and slowly building it as money allows. I fish alot in the spring and fall for stripe from the bank, and now I'm looking foward to getting to some new spots with my 2 year old.

Hello to everyone and great site :D I found this site earlier this summer when I was cleaning up and putting a small deck on the front of an old 14' Alumacraft shallow V.
I hunt and fish year round but enjoy the time outside when the family can come along too. The summer is fishing on the small lakes with my 6 year old son, wife, dog or any combination of the three. Fall is bow season, winter is late bow, ice fishing, and coyote hunting, and spring is trout and turkey time.
Currently I am looking for a new boat project and am trying to find an old 16' tracker to clean/fix up.

I'm Sinker (Karl). I grew up fishing ponds in Delaware with my dad in various jons and canoes. I eventually 'graduated' to a Tracker and club tournaments, then a used Ranger and more tournaments, then a brand new Triton and bigger tournaments. Then about ten years ago I realized I wasn't having any fun at all. Six months later the boat and most of the tackle was gone and I had ZERO interest in bass fishing.

Skip forward ten years, I'm still in Delaware and just itching to get back on the ponds. I'm looking at Ebay and Craigslist at various boats, and one search about decking a jon led me to this site...>WOW what a resource! I don't know what I'll end up with, but I'll definitely be spending some time here!

This is a great site!

I am a new member from Apalachicola Fl. I have a 1972 Alumacraft 1648 with a 1970 Evinrude 18 hp. I am roughly the same vintage as the boat and motor, but not holding up as well.

It has been a perfect rig for the last 15 years and has been fresh and saltwater fishing, duck hunting, alligator hunting, hog hunting, flounder and frog gigging, bow fishing, you name it. It has had several tons of meat hauled in it.

It's about time to redo the decks and I have gotten some great ideas here. I will post pics when I get started.

hello my name is curtis and i live in Indiana. I fish to live and live to fish. I go out every free time i get. I love to try out new places to fish no matter how big, small, and if i know or dont know if there is fish there. I fish for anything but love to catfish!! I am working on a 12ft flat bottom jon boat as a project and have gotten many tips from here already. Thanks for having this site!!

Wow!!!!!!!! What an awesome site. Give me a few days to digest everything!!!!!!! Hello all.

Just joined a couple of days ago while looking for ways to paint an aluminum boat. Wow, so much information to digest. I did lots of searches for answers but I have not been to any other sites after finding this one. Good job with this forum. I have to find me an outboard to go on my 14 foot Lowe. I has been sitting quite a few years but maybe I will get some time off from work to fix it up. :D

Great site here guys. I have been moding my 62 seamaid 14 semi-v. I wish I would have found this site before I started, lots of great ideas here.

Good Morning,
Charlie here from East Texas, next door to Lake Livingston and not far from Sam Rayburn. I found this site yesterday and browsed around a bit. I really liked the atmosphere and what I saw. So.....here I am!! I have a 16 foot,wide and deep Xpress, 25 Mercury. It's a pretty basic boat with a few minor mods. As time and money permit I want to do more and I sure saw lots of good ideas on here. I'm 59 years old, married, 5 grown children and 5 grandchildren. I play guitar in the praise team band at church every Sunday, enjoy life, the outdoors,and family.
I've worked at a rural electric cooperative for 36 years and am looking forward to the day when I can get up every morning and do what Charlie wants to do!! Looking forward to visiting and learning here with you good folks!
Charlie

charlietex said:
Good Morning,
Charlie here from East Texas, next door to Lake Livingston and not far from Sam Rayburn. I found this site yesterday and browsed around a bit. I really liked the atmosphere and what I saw. So.....here I am!! I have a 16 foot,wide and deep Xpress, 25 Mercury. It's a pretty basic boat with a few minor mods. As time and money permit I want to do more and I sure saw lots of good ideas on here. I'm 59 years old, married, 5 grown children and 5 grandchildren. I play guitar in the praise team band at church every Sunday, enjoy life, the outdoors,and family.
I've worked at a rural electric cooperative for 36 years and am looking forward to the day when I can get up every morning and do what Charlie wants to do!! Looking forward to visiting and learning here with you good folks! Charlie

Welcome Charlie.....

You're gonna like it around here. You might even find a couple other guitar P/W guys too. Like me.... :lol:

Welcome Charlie.

Unfortunately, I think I'll have a long wait for wake up and do what Brine wants to do. :x

Howdy!!!
I just ran across this site and it appears to be mighty interestin'.
I was employed by International Paper for 25 years until they closed the mill in Franklin, Va.
I have been able to get back to doin' one of the things I love best ....FISHIN'
I am looking forward to reading and posting here from time to time.