New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi to all, Stratosjoe here 60 years old semi retired Ins. Agent from Georgetown,il. married since time began 3 grown kids 3 grand children I obviously have a 274 Stratos with a 150 Johnson as well as a 15 Fisher Marine netter with a 9.9 Merc and a 15' Duracraft with a 20 Johnson. i know I know why so many my wife says the same thing big boat (stClair ,Ky Lake Dale Hollow ) big lake ,,,20 horse 15' for hot water discharge lakes in Illinois with 25hp limit and 15' 9.9 for a private club we belong to with a 10hp limit. With 2 sons and a daughter who fish I also wanted to make sure there was always a boat available :lol: I love to mess around with the Duracraft I have recarpeted it,rewired with a 24volt at each end ,radio, lights cigar lighter (had too)...Great site learned abunch lurking hats off to all who have shared thier knowledge... Joe G

new guy from Alabama.I picked up my first boat a few days ago.Its a early 70's 14ft jon boat, I need to get my trolling motor attached and I'll be ready to do some fishing. I have some mods I would like to do after seeing all the amazing boats you guys have here.

Good Day all. I just joined TinBoats yesterday after my friend Floundahman (Jim) encouraged me to check it out. I've lived in Lexington, NC for 3 years now after moving down from Attleboro, MA. Though I miss family, friends, & being near the ocean, I love being in the warmer climate. I've had several boats over the years and so far the best one was a 10' Jon with a Merc 3.3. That was fun! I don't have a boat right now but have been looking and researching for some time now. Thank you TinBoats for a clean forum! =D>

- Ken

Wanted to say Hi from the land of sky high corn and small rivers.(OK, really just dammed creeks)

Move here 3 years ago from the Great Lake State. Wow,what a difference from running a 38' footer on Lk St.Clair to back on the 12' flat bottom Duck boat.

What brought me here was all the cool projects you guys do on the Tinskins.

My wife and I just bought riverfront camping property on the Cedar River. Which can go from deep and fast moving during flooding seasons to Slow,Low,Sandbar filled Rump Bumping tubing late summer.

Right now I'm bring my old 12' flat bottom jonboat old of retirement for playing on the river when it's too low to run the Jetskis (And yes, I am very respectful of the guys fishing,as I do also)

With my heavy background with performance Jetskis, I'm really interested in doing a conversion Jetski engine/pump flathull Boat next year.

I'd like to use the Polaris 1200 (140HP) triple cylinder Fitch Injected engine for the reliabilty and fuel economy. Although I do have a Polaris 750 engine converted to a 920 PSI Monster motor with triple pipes that would push into the 165 HP range.

I really like the custom hulls some of the guys have built themselves. :shock:
I hope I can add to the forums with any knowledge I have and maybe pick the brains of a few on here.

As far as my fishing background,I love flyfishing trout,enjoyed bass fishing in the everglade when I lived in Fla. And most of the Lk St. Clair style. But I've never been a CatHunter guy before,but guess I'll learn with being on this river... :wink: Cheers,Dan

Attachments

• P7170074x.JPG
    P7170074x.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 628
  • P7170078x.JPG
    P7170078x.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 628
  • P7180082x.JPG
    P7180082x.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 628
Hello peoples, Great site you have and I found it on BBC while browsing around had to join up. Can't believe you don't have a doc on here yet, usually have to add numbers with my nickname. Just got back into the bass fishing again after 10 years something about I just can't have 2 hobbies going at once so been 4 wheeling but going to slack off and now picked up the rods again.
I purchased a fiberglass 16' in the spring but I catch more fish in my tin boat and always have, I suppose its cuz we can get up there amoungest them. Still love to add and modify my tin to make it more one of a kind or at least to make it user friendly. Looking forward to this fall fishing and I'll be catching up on some ideas and good reads on here I know!

Greetings to all,

Stumbled on this site from YouTube a few months ago, joined a few weeks ago and have been lurking or semi-lurking with the occasional reply to a post ever since. Guess its time to introduce myself. I've been a fisherman of one sort or another since I was old enough to bait my own hook. I bought a 1982 (I think) 1652 MonArk with a 25 horse Evinrude back in the late 90's while we were living in the coastal bend area near Corpus Christi, Texas. Learned to love fishing the bays for specks and reds and whatever else salt water might suprise you with. After twenty years gone, we moved back to North Texas in 2000. Re-establising in the area, new job and raising three teenagers and, sometime, somehow, keeping the boat up took a back seat for a while.

When I found this site with all the great ideas and examples of what can be done, I realized that I already had a gold mine of potential that has just been sitting on a trailer in my back yard for way too long. So .... the boat is off the trailer and the trailer is in the garage. I'm planning to take both trailer and boat from bare metal out to make the rig that I want to be fishing from. Pictures have been taken and will be posted as soon as my non-computer literate mind wraps itself around how to post them. In the meantime, thanks in advance for all the ideas I intend to use (steal). It will be way down the road, but Old Bill's safety ladder made from aluminum framing will definitely be on the list. Comments, advice, semi-constructive criticism, even the occassional "Have You Lost Your Mind ! What The Hell Are You Thinking ?" will all be welcome.

Now I'm off to study the picture posting tutorial.

Peace And Tolerance

North Florida checking in... Suwannee County, bordered on three sides by the Suwannee River. Tinboats... first with my Dad, now with my Grandsons.

Hello,

I'm Johnny from Greenwood, Indiana. I fish from a LOWE 1236 and it gets the job done! I love watching Nitros, Skeeters and Rangers shreek when they see me surround by stumps pulling in a big flat head. I'm eager to start a Jon Boat club in Indiana, a know several were not successful, but I'll give it my best. Other then that, I come here usually with a good attitude and open mind, please don't rain on my perfect world parade! I just came home from Iraq and have found working on the boat and fishing relieves normal stress and is an excuse to leave home for hours on end! j/k hun if your reading this! Glad to be here

Hello everyone, I've been ghosting around here for a little while and decided to take the plunge and say Hi. Love the site and the boats and I'm envious of a lot of you. ;-)

Don't have a tin boat...yet, but I am picking up a crawdad in a few days so I can get used to fishing in a boat again. If there's anyone else near me, I'd like to hear from you. Looking forward to 'hanging out' and learning things with everyone.

MadCatter said:
Hello everyone, I've been ghosting around here for a little while and decided to take the plunge and say Hi. Love the site and the boats and I'm envious of a lot of you. ;-)

Don't have a tin boat...yet, but I am picking up a crawdad in a few days so I can get used to fishing in a boat again. If there's anyone else near me, I'd like to hear from you. Looking forward to 'hanging out' and learning things with everyone.

Hey MadCatter.....welcome aboard! Happy to see you aren't "ghosting" anymore. :D If I knew where you were from, I'd let you know if I was close. We like to see your location in your profile signature if you are so inclined to share.

Now I feel really silly - I did that on my profile but must not have saved it. I live in Louisville (you know, the funny town on the Ohio River where they have horses run every year and wear funny hats). I'm just getting back into fishing again after about an 8 year hiatus (I was finishing up my army career and was moving all around), and looking for spots around here to go to. So, if there's anyone out there near me, give me a shout: I'm always up to making new friends (and my wife says I need to get out more lol). I also want to say thanks for the warm welcome.

MadCatter, Indyriverrat, Phil_R, Ibrusell, Doc, & Keddano -

:WELCOME:

Welcome to the collective ya'll. Glad to have some newbies joining the ranks. All I'm gonna say is that you can poke around all ya'll like...but you're gonna get hooked!

Great bunch 'o gentlemen (and a few ladies) here, trolling the forums, making friends, and the like.

It's a crazy family, and a zainy madhouse, but a great bunch a friends you will make, I guarantee!

sandy--928 said:
Hello from the catcus patch, I am a retired A/P, R/E mechanic, I survived 5 merges and managed to retire from North west in 2000, now I get my retirement from Delta, go figure, such is the way of mergers, all and all It was a heck of a ride. I have restore about 20 or so JohnDeer tractors, and my fun meter pegged out. my new project is a 82 Smokercraft , and am enjoying it very much , I can relate the alunimum, with aircraft in many ways, I am 73 years young, and enjoy every day,messing about with boats, ,My wife and I live In Cottonwood ariz,. just a few miles from Sedona, am looking forward to the forum ---sandy--928

Hey Sandy....You're going to love it here! You might even need a new "fun meter"! Welcome!