Personal Best's

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugpac said:
Awesome hydrilla, id call that striper close to 30 I would think... :)

I'm pretty sure that's a bit bigger than the 30# mark.. I think you're getting into the 40s on that one

888888-R1-15-23A_1.jpg

BigSmallmouth.jpg

This is my best yet, I don't have a weight but it was about 21" long and as round as a football. It was caught the fall of 08 on the Kanwha River. I hade been fishing most of the day in colder water and the bite was really slow, we decided to go to a power plant and try to around the hot water discharge..We went and there a a guy setting on it kind off to one side, Now I don't normally do this, but I asked the guy if he cared if I made just a few cast in the then I would head back down stream. He didn't care so I threw my LC Pointer of right where the water was coming out. I cranked it about 1 turn and started twitching it maybe three times and paused. When I went to twitch it again my rod just bent like it I was hung then got real heavy..About that time I realized I had a fish the fish realized he had been hooked. I got it to the boat once and only had the rear treble hook in its mouth, no net of course(I always clained I didn't need one and didn't like them). I was trying to play the fish while my Father in Law was looking for a way to help land it. We finally did one of the bear hug moves on it and got it in the boat...I was happy for days about it and still get excited telling about it :D I wish I would have had a picture of the guys face that told me I could make a few throws when he seen what I had in the boat.

My personal best Largemouth this year came out of Lake Scugog, here in Ontario. It is about 1 hour east of Toronto.

It weighed a little over 4lbs and a tad over 19". My fist went in its mouth. I got it throwing crankbaits.

Attachments

• IMGP4100(1).jpg
    IMGP4100(1).jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 192
These are my two personal best. One went 6lbs 10oz and one went 6lbs 7oz. I was really young, 2nd grade i think at the time. My dad kept tellin me to stop throwin up in this tree top. Well i got hung up and soon as i went to hand him the rod that branch took off. About an hour later we were fishin along the leavy and i hooked the second one. Dad's friend was the one who took us out to the farm pond and he told me if i put another one of those fish in his boat not only would i be walkin home but id be swimmin to the truck. Still havent topped that afternoon and it was bout 12 years ago.

Attachments

• 0170001.jpg
    0170001.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 173
8.6 lbs

Caught in December 07, slow rolling a spinnerbait next to the dock behing me.
scan0001.jpg

I dunno, cuz my scale bottomed out at 25 lbs.
This fish was one that great stories are made of. Back in October or 2006, my family and I rented a house in Dauphin Island, AL. The house was on the bay side of the gulf, and had a big deck (pilings seen behind me) which allowed you to cast from the deck into the bay. I had heard that reds could be found in the surf and in the bay this time of year, and spent 2 out of 5 days (because of bad weather) in the surf trying to catch one, as I had always wanted to catch a red, but the winds were brutal during the day, and a mess of seaweed had been blowing into the surf the entire trip which made bottom fishing next to impossible. I had been using cut mullet that I had bought at the bait shop and frozen shrimp. I had brought 3 rods (1 for casting lures, 1 for reds/shark, and 1 for anything that would bite a shrimp). On the last day, as I was drinking coffee at about 7am on the deck looking out into the bay, I saw a school of mullet and grabbed the castnet and proceeded to wade out about 75 yards (it was only 2-3 feet deep) and ended up making a good enough throw with the net and catching two out of probably 8 in the school 16" mullet. I decided that I was going all in, and wold only throw fresh mullet the rest of the day off the back deck into the bay in hopes that a red would find it's way on my hook. Unfortunately, although the bay seemed to not have much fish swimming around, it was loaded with crabs (which we caught and ate) that were making short work of my mullet chunks. So after catching a few stingrays, catfish, and crabs throughout the day, late night rolls in and I find myself with nothing but a single mullet tail (about a 3" piece) left out of the two mullets I had caught earlier that morning. I had conceded that this trip would not result in a red earlier in the day, when I realized the mullet was great at catching everything but reds... and at about 10:30pm our last night there, I hooked up the last mullet tail and hurled it into the bay (probably close to 75 yards - 100 yards with a 3oz weight on an 11ft surf rod, on a long cast rig. After about 15 minutes, I told my FIL that I should probably reel in, as the crabs had probably already took my bait, but at that instant, my MIL came out to tell me that my Dad was on the phone (just ot follow up on a conversation we had earlier that night) and while I'm on the phone with him, my FIL begins frantically knocking on the window to the living room (from the deck) and as I open the blinds to see what was going on, I see he has a death grip on the surf rod, and all 11ft of it are doubled over and the drag is screaming :LOL2:

I quickly tell my Dad on the phone...."I gotta call you back, I got a fish on" and run out to the deck and look at my spool which hold about 300 yards of braid is almost empty :shock: I immediately tighten the drag and realize that it's a good fish and at the moment figured it was going to be a shark. 10 minutes and 300yards of braid later, I was able to reel in this bad boy amongst the broken off pilings near the houe, and could not believe I had caught my first (and to this day) my only red. Last day, last piece of bait, last cast. =D>

After I landed it, I quickly weighted it, took a pic, then spent about 2 minutes reviving the fish until it swam off back into the bay. A fish I will never forget.
bullred.jpg

WTG..... =D> =D> =D> .....Great Story too.................................JIGGY

PS: There is usually always a really good story behind a good fish catch.........................

Personal best Muskie, measured 45" but like I have said before it was measured way wrong. I believe more along 47-48"

Caught on 1st week of August 2005. Not sure of the date but it was caught on a size 5 Blue Fox Vibrax spinner in the red tiger color. I had a 6'6" medium action spinning rod with a Abu Garcia Cardinal 303 and 30lb Spiderwire Stealth braid. (That was my Muskie set up at the time lol) :lol:

Got 2 that day. That was number 1 out of 2 caught. We were Walleye fishing and the Muskie were pushing the Walleye tightly on the weeds.

n1020320760300284265044.jpg

Attachments

• n1020320760_30030595_4500.jpg
    n1020320760_30030595_4500.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 259
Brine said:
8.6 lbs

Caught in December 07, slow rolling a spinnerbait next to the dock behing me.
scan0001.jpg

I dunno, cuz my scale bottomed out at 25 lbs.
This fish was one that great stories are made of. Back in October or 2006, my family and I rented a house in Dauphin Island, AL. The house was on the bay side of the gulf, and had a big deck (pilings seen behind me) which allowed you to cast from the deck into the bay. I had heard that reds could be found in the surf and in the bay this time of year, and spent 2 out of 5 days (because of bad weather) in the surf trying to catch one, as I had always wanted to catch a red, but the winds were brutal during the day, and a mess of seaweed had been blowing into the surf the entire trip which made bottom fishing next to impossible. I had been using cut mullet that I had bought at the bait shop and frozen shrimp. I had brought 3 rods (1 for casting lures, 1 for reds/shark, and 1 for anything that would bite a shrimp). On the last day, as I was drinking coffee at about 7am on the deck looking out into the bay, I saw a school of mullet and grabbed the castnet and proceeded to wade out about 75 yards (it was only 2-3 feet deep) and ended up making a good enough throw with the net and catching two out of probably 8 in the school 16" mullet. I decided that I was going all in, and wold only throw fresh mullet the rest of the day off the back deck into the bay in hopes that a red would find it's way on my hook. Unfortunately, although the bay seemed to not have much fish swimming around, it was loaded with crabs (which we caught and ate) that were making short work of my mullet chunks. So after catching a few stingrays, catfish, and crabs throughout the day, late night rolls in and I find myself with nothing but a single mullet tail (about a 3" piece) left out of the two mullets I had caught earlier that morning. I had conceded that this trip would not result in a red earlier in the day, when I realized the mullet was great at catching everything but reds... and at about 10:30pm our last night there, I hooked up the last mullet tail and hurled it into the bay (probably close to 75 yards - 100 yards with a 3oz weight on an 11ft surf rod, on a long cast rig. After about 15 minutes, I told my FIL that I should probably reel in, as the crabs had probably already took my bait, but at that instant, my MIL came out to tell me that my Dad was on the phone (just ot follow up on a conversation we had earlier that night) and while I'm on the phone with him, my FIL begins frantically knocking on the window to the living room (from the deck) and as I open the blinds to see what was going on, I see he has a death grip on the surf rod, and all 11ft of it are doubled over and the drag is screaming :LOL2:

I quickly tell my Dad on the phone...."I gotta call you back, I got a fish on" and run out to the deck and look at my spool which hold about 300 yards of braid is almost empty :shock: I immediately tighten the drag and realize that it's a good fish and at the moment figured it was going to be a shark. 10 minutes and 300yards of braid later, I was able to reel in this bad boy amongst the broken off pilings near the houe, and could not believe I had caught my first (and to this day) my only red. Last day, last piece of bait, last cast. =D>

After I landed it, I quickly weighted it, took a pic, then spent about 2 minutes reviving the fish until it swam off back into the bay. A fish I will never forget.
bullred.jpg

That is a huge fish man!