Site Slow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When logged-in, I always click on the "View New Posts" button on the right side of the page and it displays the most recent posts. If I'm viewing the site when I'm not logged-in I use the "View Active Topics".

Waterwings said:
When logged-in, I always click on the "View New Posts" button on the right side of the page and it displays the most recent posts. If I'm viewing the site when I'm not logged-in I use the "View Active Topics".

Only 11am and I've already learned something new... guess I've never noticed the 'View new posts' link. Problem solved :)

Flicked some settings on the backend....Test.

I did put an email into my guy anyway for the gallery and home page buttons I will let him know about the active topics if the settings did not take effect.

View Active Topics should be fixed now. :beer: to the best forum take carerer out there!

This forum is not a straight out of the box install. There are some custom things done in the back end. When ever there is an upgrade, the upgrade does not take care of the extras (Gallery buttons, home page buttons) and little odds and ends that make the forum run smoother.

Knock on wood the site hardly ever goes down, and when it does it is usually the hosting company hardware/network and not the forum software itself. And that is usually taken care of within 15-20 minutes.

I/we are very lucky. :mrgreen:

So if you guys see something not right, do not hesitate to let me know.

Jim said:
View Active Topics should be fixed now. :beer: to the best forum take carerer out there!

You're the best Jim... I was feeling lost without that Link. The New Posts just wasn't doing it for me.

=D>