So, im new on here....thinking about my first boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have found one that is catching my eye ALOT....its flatbottom like I want...looks in good shape from what I can tell by pics...fairly new lots of stuff...only thing is, doesnt have a motor, only a 42lb thrust troller....but it matches my truck and looks good....are ouachita boats any good? here are the pics:

thoughts? PS...id still get to keep my bike too, cause i would buy this one flat out:

14' Quachita Jon Boat, aluminum with built in live well. Boat was redone with carpet & paint a few year ago. Boat comes with seats, anchor, paddles, 42# thrust trolling motor & 2 batteries. Trailer was redone at the same time with new rims & tires, hitch, bearings & seals, lights, bunk boards, & crank.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 666
Looks like a pretty nice boat. Built in livewell is a big plus.

A 42 lb thrust will push that boat along at a decent speed. I had a 1432 with a 45 pound thrust and I was more than happy with it. And I'm a very impatient fisherman..

hmm...i may pull the plug on this one depending on what the person says...I guess we will see...i welcome more opinions...what would u all think is a fair price for this boat?

Jut shootin' from the hip here:

1) Boat looks pretty good in the pics. Buy it.
2) Sell the bike. If you keep it, you'll be tempted to go biking instead of modding or fishing from the boat.
3) Use the money from the bike to buy a really good, maybe even new, motor and finish out your mods.

Good Luck and Welcome to the money pit !

I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY ON THE DAYS WHERE YOU ARE GONNA WANT TO GO OUT AND TEAR IT UP ON YOUR BIKE ARE DAYS THAT YOU SHOULD BE OUT ON THE LAKE I WAS NEVER ANY GOOD AT JUGGLING MORE THAN 1 HOBBY AT A TIME, I SOLD ALL MY QUADS, BIKES AND SUCH A FEW YEARS BACK, JUST COULDNT DO IT ALL AT ONCE, PLUS I RAN IT BACK PROBLEMS AND BOUNCHING AROUND ON THE TRACK JUST DIDNT GET IT ANYMORE FOR ME :)

well I dont ride the bike much...but im wondering if I would regret getting rid of the bike once I do....there would be days when I may have family want to go up to the trails and ride, and then I would be sad...its not often, but id have it still just in case.

93civEJ1 said:
well I dont ride the bike much...but im wondering if I would regret getting rid of the bike once I do....there would be days when I may have family want to go up to the trails and ride, and then I would be sad...its not often, but id have it still just in case.

IF YOUR FAMILY IS THE RIDING TYPE I WOULD DEF KEEP THE BIKE, I SOLD ALL MY COOL QUADAS AND NOW HAVE ONE JUST TO PLOW SNOW WITH, AND DRAG DEER, BUT ALL MY BUDDYS STILL RACE AND ITS ROUGH TO HEAR THEM TALK ABOUT THE "RACE LAST WEEKEND" BUT THATS HOW IT GOES

so, do you guys think around 800$ is a good deal for the above? Im waiting to hear back from the guy...hopefully he contacts me back before selling.

$800 seems pretty fair. Especially if the trailer is in good shape.

Make sure you know what your state requires in terms of paperwork and make sure the seller has all that stuff in order. Nothing is more frustrating than going to register a boat or trailer and finding out you don't have everything you need .... then you have to call the seller back and they are never happy to hear from you.

looks like all that is required is a bill of sale...so that should be easy enough.

I think you should wait. For just a few hundred more you could pick up a boat with an outboard. Patience is the key.

On another note, I dont think you would be doing any comfortable standing in that narrow boat... I say keep looking.

gah....i get excited, and then i have someone say wait...haha... #-o ruining my hopes n dreams here! lol..

I THINK $800 IS WORTH IT ON CRAIGS LIST AROUND HERE YOU GET ALOT OF JUNK FOR AROUND $1000 SO FOR A STARTER BOAT I WOULDNT THINK IT BEING TOO BAD, PLUS IF YOU DONT INVEST TOO MUCH INTO IT JUST KEEP IT UP IN A COUPLE YEARS (OR SOONER) IT WONT BE THAT HARD TO GET RID OF AND SEARCH FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL BETTER FITS YOUR FISHING HABITS, I HAVE OWNED A FEW FLATS AND V HULLS, IM STILL NOT HAPPY WITH MINE I FIX EM AND SELL THEM. ONE DAY ILL FALL IN LOVE WITH A BOAT AND THE SEARCH WIL BE OVER...LOL, CURRENTLY 14' MIRRO CRAFT, 9.9 EVINRUDE, 35 LB THRUST BOW MOUNT, 55 LB TRANSOM MOUNT, UNDER CONSTRUCTION.....

yeah, im thinking it still could be a good deal for a first time boat...just to get me out on the water.

I won't say go for it or wait.....I will tell you this though...

No matter which boat you get, you will find one after wards that you wish you would have waited for. The nature of the beast! :LOL2:

fender66 said:
I won't say go for it or wait.....I will tell you this though...

No matter which boat you get, you will find one after wards that you wish you would have waited for. The nature of the beast! :LOL2:

haha, I think thats the issue with pretty much anything in life! :lol:

Didnt mean to mess up any dreams... Ive just seen too many buddies get fired up about a boat, buy it, and then see a deal a week or two later and wish they would have waited. Fender is right tho, your first boat will only make you want a bigger/faster/better boat in the future. I just want to get you in a solid foundation to start with.

nathanielrthomas said:
Didnt mean to mess up any dreams... Ive just seen too many buddies get fired up about a boat, buy it, and then see a deal a week or two later and wish they would have waited. Fender is right tho, your first boat will only make you want a bigger/faster/better boat in the future. I just want to get you in a solid foundation to start with.

I know what ya mean...right now its just kinda a means of getting off the bank for this season...not worried about looks, and then have something to toy with and mod up during the off season...so im kinda looking for something to not break the bank, but also not something I am going to have to find out why the motor doesnt work. I know all about car motors, but not a clue when it comes to a boat motor.