The new kid

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, went during my lunch break and picked up a roll of carpet. I plan to carpet my benches and give the boat another coat of paint. Getting mighty close!

I am soo geeking out... :mrgreen:

got a little more done last night... got all the benches carpeted... Now I need to cut down the storage lids and carpet those... and she will be good to go. Well, then I got to wait for my registration and title info to come in. It was too dark when I finished to take pictures but I will post up this afternoon.

I had a temporary registration so that I could fish... it was attached to the sheet that I had to mail in for registration.. actually, I sent my registration in back in August, and I just got my stickers yesterday - I wonder what in the hell they could be doing to back log registration for that long, it's ridiculous

you don't do them at the courthouse... you register the boat trailer at the DMV... the boat and all of that has to go to DNR. I think you can do it in person, but that's a haul for me in this traffic..

They just upped their prices too - and they charge you for processing as of Oct 10. $8 to process by internet or mail, $10 over the phone. This is in addition to the actual registration fees which are different based on the length of your boat.

It's a rip off!

Dang, that is costly with the extra fees. We register ours at the courthouse but the DMV is located there (a building next to it now), so I should have clarified that. We pay our registration/renewal fees and get a registration slip that day just like one for vehicles.

I had to mail my stuff in to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries... 3 years registration for a boat 16' and under was only 27 bucks. Then titling fee was 7 and sales tax was 1 dollar so... 35 bucks. The VDGIF office is in Richmond like an hour away. Hopefully it won't take too long.

...3 years registration for a boat 16' and under...

Dang, ours is a yearly renewal, which is coming up in April. I feel lucky that the county seat is in our town, so maybe that is what saves me doing the mail-in thing.

My renewal last year ran $66.33:
Registration fee: $9
Title fee: $6
Tax: :shock: $51.33

I get a break because it's registered as electric propulsion only. If I was running a motor it could be a larger total fee.

Oh, and I have a seperate registration fee for my trailer. It ran $2.28. It's a 2007 trailer that came with the '08 boat, and they're assessing the value of it at $200 :roll: . Works for me...less tax to pay.

wow!! :shock: y'all have high prices..

I got my registration in before Oct 10.. so I only had to pay $18.. $15 for a 2 year registration sticker, then $3 for transfer to new owner. The tag for the trailer was $12 and is renewable every year.

Yep, it's the dang taxes that get you. Our highest local tax is the school tax (as I guess it is elsewhere also). I got to thinking that since I work for the school system, and pay high school taxes as a resident of this county, that I'm basically paying my own salary.......which I get taxed on!
crazy_face.gif

Waterwings said:
Dang, that is a long time. Can't you guys go to the courthouse and do the regsitration/decal thing in the same day, or are you required to mail them in?
Ga has ALWAYS taken forever with boat registration. We do it through DNR, (Department of Natural Resources), not the DMV. You send them the check, and the information on their sheet, and tear off the bottom slip to keep for *90* days for them to process and return the registration. Well, they cash the check just as soon as the mail gets to them it seems, and rarely will they get the info back to you in less than 120. So, all the Corps of Engineers and DNR guys checking around here know that if you have the blue slip, even past the 90 days, you are probably good.

Heres how our fees are.
They recently changed it, so I think you can no longer do it in person in South Atlanta like you could 2 years ago, and since now you can ONLY due it online/over the phone, or by mail, they just happened to add fees to those methods. :roll: Also, you now have to have a notarized bill of sale to register your boat, whereas before, you needed only to have a handwritten one. Need to chase down the previous owner get a notarized bill of sale for my rig, as the previous owners registration ended last month :shock:

WOO HOO! I got my title and registration in the mail yesterday... And to top things off I am off work for the next 3 days. Sad part is... I CANT DO ANYTHING! I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I can barely talk... bummer... :roll:

dude - you ain't gotta talk to fish or paint!!

that boat is amazing - Never would have thought you would have a finished product like that after what you started with!!!

I could have sworn that first platform on there was a pallet - I went back through all of my old redneck fishing email forwards... I was expecting to see it on "redneck yacht club"!

russ010 said:
you don't do them at the courthouse... you register the boat trailer at the DMV... the boat and all of that has to go to DNR. I think you can do it in person, but that's a haul for me in this traffic..

They just upped their prices too - and they charge you for processing as of Oct 10. $8 to process by internet or mail, $10 over the phone. This is in addition to the actual registration fees which are different based on the length of your boat.

It's a rip off!

Great... so I've got about 6 more months to wait for mine. Internet, phone or mail are the only three options in GA, so I was told.

-- Poolie

poolie said:
Great... so I've got about 6 more months to wait for mine. Internet, phone or mail are the only three options in GA, so I was told.

-- Poolie

Did you get David to do your registration online for you? I called him yesterday and he said he could do it for me online, so I'd be leaving with numbers and everything.

I think I'm going to go for the 1442, most likely what you have.. but I have options on the trailer. No more hi-jacking - I'm going to reply in your boat thread

russ010 said:
dude - you ain't gotta talk to fish or paint!!

that boat is amazing - Never would have thought you would have a finished product like that after what you started with!!!

I could have sworn that first platform on there was a pallet - I went back through all of my old redneck fishing email forwards... I was expecting to see it on "redneck yacht club"!

You are absolutely right man... The wife went out to grocery shop and I am supposed to be "taking it easy" I went out and touched up the paint and put my registration numbers and stickers on! :mrgreen:

And yeah, everyone had a hard time envisioning the final product after seeing me bring it home. I think jaw hurting or not I am going to have to make it out on the water tomorrow morning!

Even with the way it was... I at least had this guy beat...

22jun11-redneck-fishing-boat.jpg