Tinboats Fanatsy Football 2013

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be a sport and relinquish the trophy to the rightful winner of this years league. We could pass the one I have if you guys want to. This is a good league and I really enjoy playing.

Captain Ahab said:
I changed my mind - I quit!
You know the penalty of dropping out so early is a broken truck console! :) Dont let BA have the satisfaction of enforcing that rule again!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325625#p325625 said:
panFried » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 pm[/url]"]
Captain Ahab said:
You know the penalty of dropping out so early is a broken truck console! :) Dont let BA have the satisfaction of enforcing that rule again!

Last night he tossed my headlamp into traffic and watched it get run over :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

panFried said:
Captain Ahab said:

The satisfaction of throwing his fishing head lamp under a car last night just for fun was over whelming!!! I think if I had to do something malicious to enforce the rules they'd have to put me in the nut house!!!

1. BassAddict
2. PanFried
3. Jim
4. one100grand
5.Bigwave
6.Shamoo
7.Hercdrvrwo
8.floundahman
9. crankbait09
10. Bean Counter
11. WASILVERS - gotta get my Fantasy Football mojo back!

and I'd vote for livedraft. If someone can't make the livedraft, the admin can move them to autopick after round 2. So what happens is if they don't show up to the livedraft on the web, espn will autopick for them once their picking time is up. At any time, the admin can click a box by their name to move them to auto draft the rest of the way. Then it's up to the people to decide if they want to make the draft or not. Kind of the best of both worlds. Word of advice though, autodrafted teams have won the last 4or5 years in my work league.

You know what......

Count me in! I don't know a thing about football, but I want the opportunity to do better than BA with shear luck!

1. BassAddict
2. PanFried
3. Jim
4. one100grand
5.Bigwave
6.Shamoo
7.Hercdrvrwo
8.floundahman
9. crankbait09
10. Bean Counter
11. WASILVERS - gotta get my Fantasy Football mojo back!
12. Fender66/Chris (AKA BA Killer)

So there is a travelling trophy now... hmmm. If we all contributed about $5, we could get something like this, it will look great in my office...

70052-z_fantasy_football_trophy.jpg

:lol:

BTW I am down for Dues for a trophy like the one pictured. Also I would be Ok with dues to cover down on some of the cool give aways I see here on tinboats like lures and fishing shwag.

I say auto draft and fractional scoring too......still don't like the negative points though. I say we only get points for effort....not mistakes. You will always have fumbles and interceptions and such....is sure sucks to get beat by a negative point. In my money league we play straight up points only......no extras for massive yards or completions. It makes for a low scoring game and only your picks will win for you. As for the live draft, it is fun if you are all together in the same room, However with all the time zones and schedules it would make for a very long draft. I like playing the odds and letting the computer pick for you. It really does even out all the teams and makes for a good season. JMO

I'm all for the following:
-Live draft with the commissioner making the move that waslivers recommended; I recognize that it adds a time commitment, but it also adds a layer of strategy and develops rivalry/camaraderie. Also, if somebody wants to just default to auto-pick, they just don't have to show up for the draft.
-I'm willing to donate money or have dues in order to create a travelling trophy or help support some sort of giveaway.
-Fractional points are good, it greatly reduces the possibility of a tie game; if a tie game still happens including fractions, it happens (unless it's the playoffs in which case I blame Ahab).
-Negative points are also good for the game (I don't like them, but recognize their value); it creates more drama to tracking your team and makes a key interception by a QB as important in fantasy land as it does in the real game situation. The exception I make on this is defensive negative points; if a team is getting blown out, it doesn't make as much sense to me because a coach couldn't pull the entire defense off the field and possibly have better success than an individual player
-Scoring - I'd recommend that the return yards get added because in a 12 team league, pickings can be slim and it gives ways for folks to dig deeper for talent. I know that ESPN has an added option of "Every 25 kickoff return yards" and "Every 25 punt return yards" and the commissioner can change the point values. I'd recommend we go 1 point per 25 kickoff or return yards. If you look at the top returners in the league in both categories last year, it was an average of only 3-4 points per game, but that 3-4 points can easily make the difference if your team gets hammered by injuries and you're trying to cobble something together.
-Roster size might be another place to consider trimming just a bit to change the depth of the league; if we went from 16 to 15 it's not going to be a huge difference in the guys on your squad, but again it will likely keep the league more interesting for folks dwelling on or near the bottom.
-PPR (Points Per Reception) have always been a favorite scoring method for me, but not everyone enjoys it. I've had the best experiences top to bottom in the league by having .5 PPR, so if a guy catches 2 passes, it's 1 point.

All good points 1000 grand, but back to the live draft......It really is not fair if you do not participate for each pick. If you choose to just let the auto feature happen the guys that are picking each time can just stack up on RB,QB etc since they have the option to change the pick type each time, whereas with the auto pick it will only pick each position you have set. I can tell you from experience, the only fair way to have a live draft is to have everyone present at that time. When fantasy football first became popular everything was on paper......no extra points for anything but a score. It takes real strategy each week to match your opponents team with equal or better players for straight up points. Anyone can have a great day, like rushing for over 100yds.....but in the end if that back did not score a td you do not get points. Points are the only true test for a player or team. I have seen games with only single digits before.....a true test for any player. To me the extra points for yds,completions and the negative points are just an easy way for a weak team to win. I will say it again the auto pick is the easiest way for everyone to get a few good players to start with and build through out the season. Trades are a must if you plan on making it all the way......last year there were very few, so I hope everyone will trade more this year. That is the true strategy for success in any league. I play in a great money league and we only allow points for true scores. Talk about trash talking and very close games.