Up, up, and Away....gas prices!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was $3.49 at Kroger for regular when I went to work this morning and $4.69 when I came home... :roll: ](*,)

I saw on the news.....$5.50 in parts of Florida......THAT'S ROBBERY! There's NO excuse for that, and though "price-gouging" is "allegedly" illegal, have you ever heard of anyone who has been prosecuted for it? I haven't :evil:

And the news is already setting the scene for the refineries being off-line for awhile.....mark my words.....and grab your rears.........

ST

A station behind where I live has been shut down 3 times for it.Now on it's 5th owner,and they can't get permits to sale gas or fill the storage tanks.

$3.78 here in Gainesville at 6pm last night, who knows this morning...

This is getting ridiculous, my motorcycle now takes $16 to fill up, that is what the tracker used to take to fill up...

Not fun....

SlimeTime

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:19 pm

I saw on the news.....$5.50 in parts of Florida......THAT'S ROBBERY! There's NO excuse for that, and though "price-gouging" is "allegedly" illegal, have you ever heard of anyone who has been prosecuted for it? I haven't

If they are caught here the fine is a measly $1000. The larger stations can pay that and still make a hefty profit. Not a deterrent by any means! When I was a young lad they could not raise the price of the gas on hand. Had to wait until the next shipment received. Now I have seen it go up 4 & 5 times in one day. Our Attorney General says it is just normal business practice.

I got gas Tuesday at 3.34. Same place Friday am, 3.58. I stoped to top off after work at 3.99; 1 hr later 4.09. Small towns in area are out of gas, other are limiting 5 gal. Both reginal holding tanks are empty.

sccamper said:
I got gas Tuesday at 3.34. Same place Friday am, 3.58. I stoped to top off after work at 3.99; 1 hr later 4.09. Small towns in area are out of gas, other are limiting 5 gal. Both reginal holding tanks are empty.

Same here except our prices are closing in on $5 at the stations that have gas.I don't know how we are going to get to werk and school next week or 3.Some stations are roping off their fuel pumps,so people will know they're out of petro.

There is no shortage here....I see tanker trucks restocking the gas stations around here all the time. I seen a bunch of them yesterday. Most of the stations around here are $3.39 today....so they went up almost 20 cents over night.

Looks like hit & miss gouging.....keep in mind many of our illustrious law-makers own stock in 2 major areas, oil & war contractors (and that's all I've got to say 'bout that). I saw Ike has been reduced to a Cat-1 storm now.....it'll be interesting to see the BS spewed about damage & all the reasons they can't go back to production in order to maintain shortages & higher prices.

As mentioned, we've had alot of storms over the years that the internal combustion engine has been used.....now all the sudden they're (storms) are a major player in prices :roll: .

ST

ACarbone624 said:
$3.20 here. It has been dropping for about a month.

Yeah and they pump it for you too - there is one good thing about NJ!

Since yesterday gas at the WaWa went from 3.32 to 3.49 in less then 24 hours WTF!

$3.20 Friday, $3.39 Yesterday, $3.49 this morning....its getting worse every day :evil: :evil: :evil:

Waterwings said:
$3.20 Friday, $3.39 Yesterday, $3.49 this morning....its getting worse every day

Dang, your increased price up there is still lower than what our prices were before the Ike increase. Must be why there's an investigation going on here about gouging!

Jersey has lower taxes on it's gas. Don't really know why, but just crossing the Delaware River into PA increases the price of gas about 20-25 cents. N. Jersey is more expensive than South Jersey, but that is likely due to higher real estate taxes and such up in the NY area.

When they do open up the reserves are the prices going to come down as quickly as they went up? and by the same amount?

They drop it a nickle, then everyone jumps for joy.......until they turn-around & raise it a quarter :roll: It's a shame middle-class/working Americans can't play the same "game" with their wages.......

ST

shamoo said:
When they do open up the reserves are the prices going to come down as quickly as they went up? and by the same amount?

Just guessing here, but I'm predicting there will be an intial increase, due to the costs of having to open and pump the reserves. Just a thought :wink:

Latest posts