Up, up, and Away....gas prices!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do not have gas in our area and some businesses have been shutting down temporarily until the gas shortage is over.When a station gets fuel people flock to.They have physically picked up some vehicles and drug them out of the way. While others are fist fighting.The police have been guarding the stations as the fuel shipments and customers arrive.We are just sitting back and riding out the shortage. :roll:

Hate to hear about about the outages of fuel going on. Are you guys part of the Colonial pipeline system? I saw something about that on the news last night.

Our fuel dropped to $3.75 here about 3 days ago. It was $3.61 / $3.63 (depending on where you bought it) before Ike. The wife and I are definitely watching the trips we make lately and try to plan any side trips (groceries, etc) that we have to do, so as not to be taking any unnecessary routes and wasting gas. We're off for Fall Break the week of 10/13 but not going anywhere.

The other day it was $3.98 and today I saw $3.79. Of course it really sux if you have a boat on the Fox Chain and have to buy gas at the marinas. Pistakee Lake marina had gas for $4.99 for reg and $5.19 for premium. :shock:

Waterwings said:
Hate to hear about about the outages of fuel going on. Are you guys part of the Colonial pipeline system? I saw something about that on the news last night.

Yep.There's a main hub some where in SC that comes off the Colonial Pipe Line.I have friends that own a heating oil business and they can't get heating oil.They also truck gas to mom and pop stations.They say no gas or heating oil till mid next week.I'm trying to find an alternative to my oil furnace and kerosene heaters.

Gas here a mile from my house is 2.95... in the city (Atlanta) it's 3.19-3.49 still - they are making a killing and got too used to that we're running out of gas frenzy panic the atlanta numb nut residents went into

Just went down to 2.86 here in town(at the place thats usually the cheapest). Anyone got an extra couple hundred gallon drum laying around anywhere? :lol: I'm sure by this time next month it'll be back up close to $4 dollars if not over. :roll: