What do you do for a living? or Fun (boating not allowed)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gang, I just stumbled across this post and enjoyed learning about you.

I am a Financial Planner; that means I spend a lot of my time helping people figure out what is really important to them! I will retire in 13 years and 10 months.... health permitting. Until then I will support my wife and two daughters, and I plan to expose them to as many things as possible including my love of people, sports, and travel. When I'm not looking after the household, I'm camping with my family, biking, playing hockey, boating, fishing, golfing, hiking, and I will be hunting again by next fall.

Some of it is alone until my kids get old enough, but I hope to pass on my passion to anyone that will listen!

Cheers,

Scott1298

Love reading through these threads....

I'm a professional photographer. Been behind the camera for 30+ years. Been with Hunter Engineering Co for the past 17+ years. When I'm not behind the camera (at work), I'm at my computer in Photoshop. Been called an expert at it. Although I will never claim to be an expert an anything...I do know my way around it pretty well.

When I get home, I'm husband of 21+ years and dad to two beautiful daughters ages 17+ and 16+. (They are 11 months apart in age)

I'm also a musician. I play music at two different churches weekly. I play guitar, piano, bass, primarily and mess around with a few other things. I also sing.

For fun....I fish! If I can find a bass tournament.....I'm in.

Everyone here has moderately interesting jobs im a forklift operator for a lumber yard and a Sawyer when im not on the lift Monday thru Friday 6-230 for fun I fix things.... I'm a certified mechanic and love getting dirty whether its outboards, cars, lawn mowers, dirt bikes, and even little weed wackers and generators ... Turning wrenches makes me happy but can't do it for a living

Boatfloater1989 said:
Everyone here has moderately interesting jobs im a forklift operator for a lumber yard and a Sawyer when im not on the lift Monday thru Friday 6-230 for fun I fix things.... I'm a certified mechanic and love getting dirty whether its outboards, cars, lawn mowers, dirt bikes, and even little weed wackers and generators ... Turning wrenches makes me happy but can't do it for a living

Wow That was my first job. I can run everything at a mill except the saw. I worked at a large one that had a band saw and a resaw. Ran a Cat 936 for two years. It's funny I mis pulling lumber at times.

Anyway I'm a new construction painter now.
And all I do in my spare time is fish! I eat sleep and breath fishing.
If it's a rainy day I might be found in my shop welding some contraption together.

I've been a police officer for 8 years, in the military (active and guard, Army first and now Air Force) for 15 years. Time off is occupied with motorcycles, playing guitar, bird hunting with my lab, fishing (fly fishing the rivers and taking the boat out for bass on the lakes). Also heavily involved with the American Legion and I'm the Mayor of my small city. Most importantly; been married to my wife for 10 years and we have 3 children.

Attachments

• IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,096
I'm a semi-professional boat guy - I used to work as a fisheries oceanographer and now I manage scientists for a certain four letter federal agency (so no, not the EPA). I've been a trim carpenter and built a wooden skiff or two. I have 5 kids, a 1916 house, and a red headed wife who is very much in the "for fun" category! :LOL2: I'm also into 1950's and 60's British and early 1970's Honda motorcycles. Add in fishing and model trains - and more then the occassional bit of cooking - and its a wonder I sleep. :lol:

RVP for a construction equipment company. Like to spend time at my lake house, fishing, snowmobiling, travel. Husband & father and that's what really matters

GIS Forester and Certified Wildlife Biologist for a large timberland owner. Also worked for the State (NC State Extension biologist, and TVA biologist at Land Between the Lakes) in the past.

I have worked for a global rental company for the last 8 years. We supply temporary utilities...Generators, heaters, chillers, heat exchangers, etc. I work in the IT department managing our service technician's Motorola handheld devices for North America. You have likely seen us in action we power the Olympics, the Superbowl the PGA, NCAA basketball, movie sets, military, the list goes on. Besides fishing my wife and I like to be outdoors...camping, hiking, birding, and we have just started geocaching.

I always enjoy these threads on boards. Cool to see the variety of people that enjoy a common interest.

I run heavy equipment for a living. Small company with a great group of guys I wouldn't trade for anything. Most days we manage to make it lotsa fun. Before this, I worked 10 years as a civil engineer/construction manager for a couple consulting firms. Grew up farming so when they told me I had to come in to the office and wear a tie, it was time to get out and get back into the dirt.

Married 30 years this fall. 2 grown daughters I don't get to see nearly as much as I'd like, but did get to spend all day today fishing with my oldest.

Fun is family vacations, typically skiing or other outdoor activities. Fishing of course, both fresh & salt. Real passion is hunting. Anything and everything, but favorites are waterfowling (40 years of raising labs) and archery elk hunting.

I'm a personal trainer. Holding a bachelor's in Exercise Physiology and working towards an MBA in Healthcare administration, I work, study, and fish. Also, when duck season is in thats about all I do, and nothing less. But, among that stuff I enjoy brewing beer, working on cars, hunting fishing and golfing.

20 years as pressman on large sheetfed presses (Hey ranchero50) then jumped laterally into ink,coatings and adhesive tech sales for 15 years till I retired in '08 at 55.

Interests are Motorcycles(Moto Guzzi's), Salt and fresh water fishing, Photography, Guns/shooting, Grilling and Smoking, Bluegrass, Semi high end stereo equipment and political activism.

I guess I'm a odd ball unless I've missed one. I dig graves. Have Did it since I can remember. My grandfather owned a monument company and I worked their through high-school. I have picked up other skills through my years(29). I can operate almost any equipment, build, wire, plum, do some mechanical work. But the thing I enjoy most is being out getting therapy. The peaceful woods and lakes.

I dig graves.

There's one I don't hear often. I bet you have a nickname too that you haven't shared. :roll:

This is a very interesting thread. Love reading about all the diversity we have here.

I went by grave digger when I talked on the cb. I can say that I'm one of the last people that will let you down.[emoji1]

I have worn many hats at the same time - some jobs incorporated with or overlapping one another.
my first job was a cook at KFC during high school
Joined the Navy at 18 as a general Seaman 1c
during that 21 year career, my duties took me through so many awesome jobs.
Navy Scuba Diver, Ship's Photographer, Naval Investigative Service (NCIS now),
National Security Agency, US Customs Inspector, Military Honor Guard,
Two tours with the Navy Seabees mobile construction battalions. Builder and Equipment Operator.
Retail Store Manager (Navy Exchange) and during my military career, I was able to get my HS GED
and 4 years of college credits in the Oceanography and Marine Biology world.
retired out of Bermuda as a Division Officer in 1987.
After retirement from the military, worked at Lockheed-Martin as a custom woodworker
in the Trident FBM program for 7 years.
A 6 year volunteer stint with the local Drug Task Force as a liaison between civilian and military authorities.
Then, operated my own custom handcrafted dimensional Sign Shop for 25 years.
and finally, worked with a local home renovation company doing carpentry, painting, etc etc.
and FULLY retired 5 years ago.
whew - time to rest !! LOL

I worked for a small local dairy for 26 years, it was bought out Nov. of last year. I was offered a job in the city but turned it down, 300 km away didn't want to up root.
I know you said know boats but I'm currently a deck hand on a lobster boat, it has really let me know how out of shape I am.