What do you do for a living? or Fun (boating not allowed)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a butcher for about 10 yrs now Enjoy spending time with my wife of 22yrs and my 2yr grandson riding motorcycles and been training in a Korean martial art called
Soo bahk do for the last 4yrs. Pittsburgh Steelers fan for life

I work for a small company building one design sailboats. Before I really got into boating and bassfishing I'd backpack, hunting for old hi-fi gear, fly fish, and the occasional video game. I'm kind of a visual person so I thought I would share some photos.

With Obama in the White House . . . I don't have to do ANYTHING for a living.
Life is good!

I have worked for Caterpillar for the last 3 1/2 years started as a painter now I am a quality inspector. We build motor graders at my plant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 977
Retired 6 years ago as a police commander, 30 + years on the job - ran Patrol, Investigations and tactical unit. Wife became disabled same year I retired. Sold our boat a year later cause she couldn't get in it anymore - I can't leave her alone any more to go alone, so we sold it - haven't fished since :(

Was in attendance (and helped organize) the first TinBoats outing at Dale Hollow Lake, Tennessee in 2005 (I think - maybe 2006?)

I try to golf once a week in the summer, still do some wood working when I have a caregiver to stay with my wife - good friend owns a cabinet shop I can use anytime :) Book cases, entertainment centers, tables, etc. - all oak creations, stained and lacquered. Turned 65 in March, hoping to stay healthy enough to care for my wife and still enjoy life as best as we can? Just playing the cards we were dealt.......

I design and oversee the installation of HVAC systems for critical environment rooms (clean rooms). Been in the HVAC industry over 20yrs.

Used to race slot cars very seriously, and loved the good ol days of street racing and cruising. Now I hunt, fish, and tinker with my old hotrod pick-up, tractor, boat, or any other multitude of things around here that can easily become a project.

I'm an R.O.T. (Registerd Orthopaedic Technologist). I do casting and bracing in a large Orthopaedic office. In my free time I do alot of waterfowl hunting in the fall/winter and have gotten pretty big into acoustic guitar the last few years. I also homebrew and brew a LOT of beer. Usually about 10-15 gallons a month. Also enjoy camping with my wife.

I'm an industrial mechanic, basically a do all keeping the machine running. I fix big printing presses, been doing that for the last ten years in a 1.2M square foot plant off I-81.

I'm the left handed kid who played with Lego's and took his Tonka trucks apart. Spent a lot of time with the Radio Shack do-it-yourself wiring kits, Ended up in the Navy as an Electronics Tech. Conveyed those troubleshooting skills into mechanical troubleshooting, specialize in logical troubleshooting and failure analysis (which I love to do). No formal education other than high school and the Navy stuff but I can still dismay or embarrass the educated when they are wrong.

I'm a tinker at heart so I'm always into something, either tractors, trucks / cars, boats or tools. I have a CNC mill in my garage, as well as a older Logan metal lathe and a couple of welders. I'm also a scrounger and spend a lot of time making cool things out of the stuff I find. My jet boat is a prime example. I also am about 90% done my '71 F-350 with a Cummins conversion, everything either scrounged or fabricated by me. I'm the guy the neighbor hood kids and adults come to when 'whatever' breaks.

I abhor catalog people, you know, those guys who throw money at catalog and buys a bunch of crap and call it a hot rod. I love this site because pretty much everyone does something a little different to their boats and each build shows the soul of it's creator.

Crusher mechanic/millwright/welder/mine lackey in general.

Mostly I fish, hunt and tinker with whatever. Current projects besides the SS Rustoleum are a 1981 CJ7 and Grandpa's 84 Blazer.

By day I'm a CPA, by night...dad to 2 young kids (2yrs & 3months). I'm cursed to never want to have anyone do anything that I can do myself which makes me a flunkey to whatever hunnie-do project my wife can come up with to keep me off the water and away from a fishing pole. I border on being an obsessed hobby nut - when I get into something I learn it backwards, forwards, inside & out...I do all my own gunsmithing (still looking for an excuse I can sell my wife on to let me get a lathe), I designed & built "high-powered" rockets (passed tense...apparently you can't fly an object over a pound powered by more than 4.4oz of propellant without special clearance) and I'll probably always be a recovering gear-head, though I still have one last car to put back together that's taking up my garage putting my boat out in the cold. Before kids I would go backpacking/ camping, canoeing, biking, fishing, fishing and fishing - once they're old enough I'll get back into all those things, never really gave up the fishing.

I just retired on April 10, 2014 from a company I worked for a total of 37 years. I drove tractor-trailers for 32 of those 37. I have to say I don't miss it a bit. I love to fish and plan to get back into fishing tourneys soon, used to hunt (with rifle and bow) deer, turkey, and sometimes squirrel but not as wild about doing that as I once was, have reloading equipment that I need to get set up so I can shoot for recreation like I used to, plus load my hunting ammo, also love to sing(church choir and solo work sometimes).

Full time Maintenance Manager for a local Housing Authority. I'm personally responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of 185 apartments, and I do it all....HVAC, plumbing, electrical, all aspects of carpentry, drywall, lawn care, appliance repair, roofing...you name it.
I am also Bi-vocational Pastor of a Baptist church, husband of the same wife for 34 years, father of 2, PawPaw to one.

In my spare time (what there is of it) I fly fish and bow hunt. I have built and rebuilt several bamboo fly rods, and I love to hike up into the hills and fish for wild trout.

GM Gold Level Master Auto Technician , 28 years of Wrenching starting out on M198 155mm Howitzers in the Army . I work for a Chevy GMC Dealership doing a little bit of everything but mostly diagnostics , engine rebuilds and repair and chassis/Alignment issues.. In my spare time I play clawhammer style banjo and guitar., fishing time is mostly on Southwest Virginia/East Tennessee area lakes. Have a camper year round on South Holston on the VA/TN border and am there most every weekend throughout the year. Tammy and I have 4 head of Youngins 23,18,18 & 9 and most recently 1 Grandaughter !!

worked 2 jobs as maintenance in the care home industry for several years 16 hour days 6 days a week and 8 hours on sundays.got divorced ,and for the last 16 years working as an equipment operator for metro vancouver.now i have time to fish,golf,camp,travel,and soon shooting and probably some hunting.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358118#p358118 said:
onthewater102 » 02 Jul 2014, 21:01[/url]"]By day I'm a CPA, by night...dad to 2 young kids (2yrs & 3months). I'm cursed to never want to have anyone do anything that I can do myself which makes me a flunkey to whatever hunnie-do project my wife can come up with to keep me off the water and away from a fishing pole. I border on being an obsessed hobby nut - when I get into something I learn it backwards, forwards, inside & out...I do all my own gunsmithing (still looking for an excuse I can sell my wife on to let me get a lathe), I designed & built "high-powered" rockets (passed tense...apparently you can't fly an object over a pound powered by more than 4.4oz of propellant without special clearance) and I'll probably always be a recovering gear-head, though I still have one last car to put back together that's taking up my garage putting my boat out in the cold. Before kids I would go backpacking/ camping, canoeing, biking, fishing, fishing and fishing.

Every woman should know that a metal lathe can be used to make various kitchen utensils, turn gas jets for furnace or stove in an emergency and make a variety of lovely custom-made one-of-a-kind jewelry that none of her friends will have. It could also provide extra income or act as a backup skill should the feds ever eliminate the income tax and thereby end the need for many CPAs. You could possibly make your own repair parts eliminating those costly trips to the hardware or parts store. You could become a defense contractor supplying little but expensive parts to the military. I think the reasons to buy a lathe are pretty obvious and many. When presented in a nicely done PowerPoint with a lot of charts (and the Byrds Turn, Turn, Turn playing in the background) I think you'll find your wife powerless to object. Good luck.

Every woman should know that a metal lathe can be used to make various kitchen utensils, turn gas jets for furnace or stove in an emergency and make a variety of lovely custom-made one-of-a-kind jewelry that none of her friends will have.

I cut a couple of drawer pulls for my wife, now she wants enough projects done to keep me busy until I reach the age of 2,375.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405263837.296171.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405263731.028810.jpg
This is what I can usually be found doing on any given day.. I'm a contractor for Comcast. When I'm not climbing, my 3 kids keep my busy with incessant requests for me to "Finish the boat and take us fishing!" Lol

US Army Military Police, Military Working Dog Handler (1979-1990). Had to leave due to medical reasons (see picture below)

I was able to work another 15 years for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Had to retire on permanent Disability in 2005 at the ripe young age of 44. Since then I do what ever my body allows me to do. Fishing is one of those things.

Latest posts