Whats your favorite fishing Technique, and bait for it?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top water...buzzbait.
Spinnerbaits,crankbaits...rubber last,although sometimes it's the only thing that works.

2010 was the first year I was not skunked once...in fact, I won the only tournament I participated in (the tinboats one) and all I ever really used is my fat shallow shad crank in a bluegill or shad pattern.

BYOB Fishing said:
2010 was the first year I was not skunked once...in fact, I won the only tournament I participated in (the tinboats one) and all I ever really used is my fat shallow shad crank in a bluegill or shad pattern.

Now that's a testimony! :lol:

Okay, feel free to call me a geek for this one but...

Banjo Minnow

I know it looks too good to be true on the info-mercials, but they actually WORK. They're awesome. After a five year hiatus from fishing (college) I dusted off all my old gear, tied on a banjo minnow and caught about 30 bass in a few hours my first time out. They're not hard to fish either. jerk...reel...jerk, jerk...reel some more...jerk again...set hook. That's it.

If you've never tried them, get some. You can find them in stores pretty easily now so you don't have to pay the shipping. I bought a set I'm still using about 6 years ago, but it looks like the new ones are even jointed and have glittery eyes! I'm probably going to buy another set this spring.

--------

If I were forced to be more traditional, I'd say a #5 Mepps dressed Aglia. Bass and pike.

salt and pepper zoom lizard texas rigged worked with a bounce and a glide. Always know there is a fish waiting to inhale it!

#1 YUM Dingers - black and blue big ones night fishing crush the bass!! smaller junebug or green work great river fishing
#2 jigs

This year I mostly used a jig. Both with and without a trailer. My true favorite has to be top water; spooks, poppers, chuggers, frogs. There is nothing better than top water on a cool spring morning.

bearsphan3.14 said:
This year I mostly used a jig. Both with and without a trailer. My true favorite has to be top water; spooks, poppers, chuggers, frogs. There is nothing better than top water on a cool spring morning.

Where do you use a jig in DE Freshwater? Everything is soooo shallow.

BTW I will be in Sussex Co. tomorrow for some winter panfish action (so long as the weather allows)

Plastics.... My go to rigs include weightless senkos, flukes, and trick worms. When it cools down, I switch over to shakeyheads and texas rig. My all time favorite is a magnum texas rig. I really like a magnum trick work or the classic Culprit 12" with a 1/4 tungsten and 5/0 EWG trokar with 15# Trilene 100% Flourocarbon. A close second would be a swamp crawler on a 1/8 shakeyhead jig, with the same 15# Trilene Flouro.

My confidence bait would be a senko ( I use the BPS knockoffs) 1/2 the price and you get 18 per pack. I throw this weightless, wacky, and T-rigged. My soon to be new favorite technique will be throwing lipless cranks. I started using the strike king red\eye shad this year and killed them! I really like this bait for searching for fish.

My number bait is a spider jig... nothing like it in the world to catch fish year round.

Senkos work very well, but I don't have all day to fish the depths our bigguns live in with our deep waters here.

When I was up in Ontario this past summer I tried a technique that was great fun, Texas rigged weightless Zoom super fluke. We had had some luck in years past with yellow worms so I brought some chartreuse pearl flukes and gave em a try. I would throw them in the holes around cover and what was really neat is you could see them in the clear water even at a distance. Just twitch them and let them fall, when the fluke disappears or your line goes sideways set the hook. Got me the fish below like this.

The tried and true method up there is Johnson Silver Minnows, I know almost nobody uses them anymore but they are also a lot of fun and catch fish in the right conditions.

Attachments

• canadabass4.jpg
    canadabass4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 332
Jim said:
I must admit, Im a senko slinger :D and my favorites are Wave-Worm Tiki sticks.

It is my go-to confidence bait.

Jim, didn't that company go out of bussiness????? I like fishing a texas rig worm or a shakey head worm the most. I also like fishing a spinnerbait and a lipless crankbait.