2009 Tinboats.Net Roadtrip/Rally ---DALE HOLLOW---

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way past my prime as far as heavy drinking myself. Still trying to figure a way to be able to attend. Daughter is getting married in Texas mid Sept. Hope I'll be able to afford the trip in Oct.

ilinimud said:
Well i would like to go, but i dont drink at all. And would really not be up for the" festivities". I hope you guys catch the new Record Smallmouth though!!! The place looks beautiful too.

You should still come. I don't drink myself at all, but its still gonna be fun to get to meet these guys I "talk" to everyday. Don't let that stop you as i've never had a drink in my life. [-X

Bubba said:
ilinimud said:
Well i would like to go, but i dont drink at all. And would really not be up for the" festivities". I hope you guys catch the new Record Smallmouth though!!! The place looks beautiful too.

You should still come. I don't drink myself at all, but its still gonna be fun to get to meet these guys I "talk" to everyday. Don't let that stop you as i've never had a drink in my life. [-X

I agree, sign up and come along, you're real close too :) We are going there to enjoy some great fishing and the company of our members - meet new friends, etc. I'm very positive you're not the only one who doesn't drink and the evening "festivities" will include some great cookouts, sharing fish tales, showing off the catches of the day all of which will be loads of fun whether you're drinking soda, coffee, tea, or an adult beverage..... Don't miss out :D

I have brought it up to my wife, and i would really like to go. They have some giant smallies there! If you dont get it on the group rates, you can still go down and join in later right? Im not sure whether i will know if i can by January.

Okay, someone translate for me the dates. It says arrive the 15th and depart the 18th. Would we be arriving anytime the 15th and fish the 16-17th and check out 18th in the am and go home? Just so I ask for the right amount of days off at werk.

yep, checkin on the 15th, departing on the 18th. Most hotels have a checkout time of 11 or noon, so the moring of the 18th would be the departure date. Here's a cut & paste from page 1 of this topic:

Dates for the trip: Oct 15, 2009 to Oct 18,2009. (Arrive Thursday, Depart Sunday). Stay earlier/longer if you wish.

I saw that but I guess with my lack of caffeine I wasn't comprehending very well. One moment I was see it as arrive for check in and the next I was seeing it as arrive for the fishing part which would mean arrive a day earlier. Fishing will for the most part be Fri and Sat correct? I might be able to end up only needing 2 days vacation

flounderhead59 said:
I saw that but I guess with my lack of caffeine I wasn't comprehending very well. One moment I was see it as arrive for check in and the next I was seeing it as arrive for the fishing part which would mean arrive a day earlier. Fishing will for the most part be Fri and Sat correct? I might be able to end up only needing 2 days vacation

Andy, check in is at 2:00 PM (Thursday) and check out is at 10:00 AM (Sunday). Us Chicago area members (if only planning for the 2 night, 3 day stay) would plan on leaving early Thursday morning and checking in anytime after 2:00. It will be about a 8 - 9 hour drive from here pulling a boat. If you get out of here early, you'll be checked in, unpacked and have your boat in the water for several hours of evening fishing on Thursday night (or at least long enough to check out the lake for good looking spots). Then, up as early as you like and fish as long as you like all day Friday and Saturday. If you're really game, you can have everything packed on Sat night and get in several hours of fishing on Sunday morning before you make the drive back home..... (You can check out & settle up your tab on Sat night, pack up the car early Sunday and go out fishing for as long as you want - depending on when you need to start the drive back, you can stay on the water as long as you want Sunday as long as you're out of the cabin by 10:00 so they can clean it.

Road Trip :D

Werking that Wednesday 6am-6pm and back to the grindstone Monday 6am. I'll have to take Sat and Sun as vacation daze. To avoid Chicago rush hour with a boat I would try to hit the city by about 5am.

flounderhead59 said:
Werking that Wednesday 6am-6pm and back to the grindstone Monday 6am. I'll have to take Sat and Sun as vacation daze. To avoid Chicago rush hour with a boat I would try to hit the city by about 5am.

I assume you mean leave your house early enough to get through the City at 5:00 before rush hour?? That will definatley put you into the resort in plenty of time to get some good fishing in Thursday afternoon/evening :D Since you have to be back at work at 6:00 on Monday morning, you'll prbably leave out at a reasonable time on Sunday to get home in time for a good night's sleep on Sunday night....

Bubba said:
I can't wait! :mrgreen:

I will also have my boat with me, so if anyone wants to fill a seat i've got a back seat open, and couple probably fish 3 people(including myself) out of it as long they promise not to hook me in the back of the head. :lol:

Me and Joe are definitely going, we will get your room fee if we can reserve 2 spots on your boat. I'm not making any promises about not hookin ya on the back swing tho!!!! :lol:

BassAddict said:
Bubba said:
I can't wait! :mrgreen:

I will also have my boat with me, so if anyone wants to fill a seat i've got a back seat open, and couple probably fish 3 people(including myself) out of it as long they promise not to hook me in the back of the head. :lol:

Me and Joe are definitely going, we will get your room fee if we can reserve 2 spots on your boat. I'm not making any promises about not hookin ya on the back swing tho!!!! :lol:

:LOL2: Sounds like a deal to me, although you don't have to get my room fee....I'll just be happy not fishing by myself. :lol:

Well, I'm signed up for #8 in the Lodge!

I'll be coming by myself, so if anyone wants we can split the cost of the room. I'll also have one spot available in my boat.

The only condition on the room is that you understand the following:

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Leon: Ooooooh.
Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

Mossy535 said:
Well, I'm signed up for #8 in the Lodge!

I'll be coming by myself, so if anyone wants we can split the cost of the room. I'll also have one spot available in my boat.

The only condition on the room is that you understand the following:

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Leon: Ooooooh.
Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

:LOL2: Great movie! :beer: