2009 Tinboats.Net Roadtrip/Rally ---DALE HOLLOW---

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is I finally get to kill someone!!!

I doubt I'll be able to attend the tournament trail I fish has our national championship that time of year..

Wayne

Mossy535 said:
Well, I'm signed up for #8 in the Lodge!

I'll be coming by myself, so if anyone wants we can split the cost of the room. I'll also have one spot available in my boat.

The only condition on the room is that you understand the following:

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Leon: Ooooooh.
Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

Reminds me of Achmed The Dead Terrorist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5r9Q_BKEU

Captain Ahab said:
Watched that right before I started at Louisville - that is where the opening is filmed

Ft. Knox for Army base shots; and an old distillery in Bardstown was used for the scene where they were "prisoners". The air field/hangar at at the end of the movie is Godman Air Field, Ft. Knox. You know that obstacle course where they're all running down the hilll screaming? My friends and I used to play on that thing when we were in the 7th grade. We were able to do that due to my dad being stationed at Ft. Knox, and we lived on base. :)

One of my all-time favorite movies! 8)

Captain Stillman: All right, soldier, let's see how you fire that mortar.
Soldier with Mortar: What coordinates, sir?
Captain Stillman: [annoyed] Coordinates?
Soldier with Mortar: Yes, sir, they determine where the mortar's...
Captain Stillman: Soldier, the army has spent a lot of money teaching you to fire that thing. Now set it and fire it.
Soldier with Mortar: Sir, we don't know where the shell's gonna...
Captain Stillman: Soldier. The only way to learn anything is to do it. Now fire the weapon.

2funny.gif
. Great scene! :lol:

I like the part where he goes into the hangar and discovers the RV (Urban Attack Vehicle I believe) is gone! :)

For any of you that are thinking about sharing a room in the lodge, ask about the one large room that is upstairs. I don't know which number it is, but when I was there a few weeks ago, the upstairs room had four single beds in one room and two doubles in another, pluss the kitchen. Several guys could share that room for pretty cheap. Just FYI.....

Jim said:
Flounderhead confirmed :beer:

Hey Flounder... Great news, but, gee, I thought you wanted to camp??? You got a nice cozy one-bedroom cabin instead of a campsite for you and Mrs. Flounder (I assume??).... Must have needed a stove for that HUGE pot of chili??? :lol: Glad you're signed up :D :D

I keep trying to warn you guys. You call her Mrs. Flounder (or Mrs. Flounderhead), you won't get any of her chili. I don't mind tent camping (although I'm kind of wanting to upgrade to a camper) but, not in late October. Something about trying to get motivated when you're all snuggled up in a nice warm bed and have to get up and it's really really cold.

flounderhead59 said:
I keep trying to warn you guys. You call her Mrs. Flounder (or Mrs. Flounderhead), you won't get any of her chili. I don't mind tent camping (although I'm kind of wanting to upgrade to a camper) but, not in late October. Something about trying to get motivated when you're all snuggled up in a nice warm bed and have to get up and it's really really cold.

Don't recall you ever tellin' us her name????? All I know her by is "my wife" :) or, "My wife with the biggest walleye I've ever had in my boat" :p or - "my wife, with the biggest catch of the day".... :wink: :wink: :wink:

FishingCop said:
flounderhead59 said:

Don't recall you ever tellin' us her name????? All I know her by is "my wife" :) or, "My wife with the biggest walleye I've ever had in my boat" :p or - "my wife, with the biggest catch of the day".... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Im not risking a bowl of chili just for posting a stupid comment!!!!, im keeping my mouth shut on this one :-# :-#

Edit: like my dad use to say "even a fish wouldnt get in trouble if he could just keep his mouth shut!!!!"

Well I did mention it once and I'll forgive you if you missed it.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3306&hilit=Jean

Her name is Jean. Not Jeanie, but Jean. Hates it when people call her something else and hates it even more if they spell it Gene.

flounderhead59 said:
Well I did mention it once and I'll forgive you if you missed it.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3306&hilit=Jean

Her name is Jean. Not Jeanie, but Jean. Hates it when people call her something else and hates it even more if they spell it Gene.

Got it.... Jean with a "J"...... :)

FishingCop said:

:LOL2:

Jim said:
Bassaddict, Shinerman77, Bubba Reserved and confirmed :beer:

Bassaddict? Bassaddict??? I've heard that name before??? hummm... I remember, he's that poker playing fisherman I've heard so much about.... 8) You bringin' the cards?????? :p

FishingCop said:
Jim said:

Bassaddict? Bassaddict??? I've heard that name before??? hummm... I remember, he's that poker playing fisherman I've heard so much about.... 8) You bringin' the cards?????? :p

If your bring the cash :lol: and again this party is strictly BYOB :lol:

BassAddict said:
FishingCop said:
Jim said:

If your bring the cash :lol: and again this party is strictly BYOB :lol:

I'd better not bring much $$$ I think I'm way out of your league - but hey, if the weather gets bad or if we get bored at night, a friendly game might be fun :)