Finally happening!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working on the carpeting lately and hope to have it done this weekend. When the fish are hitting, I have a hard time not breaking out the waders and getting my fix :D .Gotta say, other than stripping paint, laying the carpet has been my least favorite part of the build, but the end result is looking sweet so far. Will have pics up this weekend for sure.

CRAPPIE_SLAYER said:
Been working on the carpeting lately and hope to have it done this weekend. When the fish are hitting, I have a hard time not breaking out the waders and getting my fix :D .Gotta say, other than stripping paint, laying the carpet has been my least favorite part of the build, but the end result is looking sweet so far. Will have pics up this weekend for sure.

My hands hurt for three days after carpeting, and its so tedious and time consuming.

Took advantage of the long weekend and got the carpeting all finished up. Makes all of my crooked cuts look like gold 8) . All of the pieces were glued and wrapped individually, then tacked on the backside with stainless staples. Wanted to get the two small sections in the front painted today as well, but lookin' like rain is on the way. Hoping to get to the store tomorrow and get the seats and mounts so that I can get them in and also get the fishfinder mounted. Planning on mounting up some navigation lights soon as well. After that just some work on ther motor and hoperfully be boating by the end of the month. Can't express how happy I am with the way everything has turned out. Has to be hands down the most rewarding project I've ever completed. Anyway, here's my brand new 1970's mirrocraft. Let me know what you think.

102_1373.jpg

102_1375.jpg

102_1374.jpg

102_1376.jpg

Thanks guys! Gonna try to get the old 9.9 fixed up to get me thru this year, then hopefully when I get my truck paid off next year I can look into getting a newer 15-20hp motor since they upped the horsepower on the local lake.

Looks great , been waiting a while to see her finished up, your boat was an inspiration for mine, I have the same deep fisherman

CRAPPIE_SLAYER said:
Well I finished stripping all of the paint off this weekend. Didn't want to use the stripper due to the fumes, so did the entire thing with a scraper and wire brush. What a chore to do by hand, but it'll pay off. Also got the seams resealed with the 5200. Was also looking at paint and found the rustoleum marine paint to be a decent price ($11.49 / qt.) and they have it in the navy blue I wanted. Question though, can I paint the entire boat with topside paint since the boat will not be in the water constantly, or do I need to use some kind of antifouling bottom paint to do underneath the waterline. Would like to paint the entire boat 1 color, but all the bottom paints I found are the wrong color, and would really like to go with the rustoleum since its the right color and fits the budget well.

Here's the pics. Sorry they're so dark in the garage.

102_1224.jpg

102_1225.jpg

102_1223.jpg

I am new to the site so everything may have been said before but WOW! And stripping it all by hand that is a lot of work! All I want to do is stop a few leaks. Your boat looks great!

Now I have read the entire thread and looked at all the pictures. What a great job! She is beautiful.

Thanks! Have been tinkering around here and there the past coupleof days. Got the seat posts, trolling motor, fish finder and navigation lights mounted up, and planning on heading to the store today to get the rocker switches and wiring for everything. Can anybody give me a wire size recommendation to run to these switches. Wanted to put the batteries in the 2 compartments on the front deck, then run the power back to the rear seat . Can I run just one set of main wires back to some sort of power block and then split the power at the back seat? Also was wondering if there is any problem with running the power from the 2nd battery to a set of remote terminals in the back so that I can still use the alligator clips hook up the trolling motor?

I'm usually not much on blue boats, but man that looks great. The inside turned out great to. Really clean and looks like a newer model boat.

Congrats on a great job!!!! =D>

Dear Crappie Slayer,

All I want for christmas is for you to come and do allllll of my decking and carpeting to look just like yours. I've been a good boy, you can even ask my wife. Hahaha. Man, your boat is gorgeous! Wish I had the skill needed to make my boat as nice as that!

Mike D.

That is definitly a '76 evinrude 9.9 sitting there. Bought it last year off of a local boat dealer, and it ran good the first few times I had it out, but has had troubles ever since. Have found out over the past year that the guy doesn't have the best reputation for his mechanical abilities. Also found from a few things that I have read that it wasn't the best year for evinrude either. **** #-o ! Gonna start tearing into it this weekend hopefully. Think I will be replacing the fuel pump, water pump, 1 coil, fuel lines, and a carb rebuild. Think there is definitly an electrical problem that is causing the 1 cylinder to fire weakly. Have read about some guys replacing the points and wonderd if anybody might have some information / guidance on this.

I dunno about the motor - but in response to your paint question as to if you can use topside paint - yes, as long as you don't leave it in the water for months at a time

SVOMike86 said:
Dear Crappie Slayer,

All I want for christmas is for you to come and do allllll of my decking and carpeting to look just like yours. I've been a good boy, you can even ask my wife. Hahaha. Man, your boat is gorgeous! Wish I had the skill needed to make my boat as nice as that!

Mike D.

Hmmmmmm....says you're in Virginia Beach. I am about due for a nice beach vacation. :mrgreen: