Freezing Rain/Ice Storm

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with my brother on Jan 2nd. Our lake unbelievably has been froze over for like 3 weeks now. That hasn't happened in a looooong time. Global warming my butt. =;

Try driving to a shots fired/robbery call in a rear wheel drive Crown Victoria with 11 inches of snow and 2 inches of freezing rain (well technically at that time it was 7 inches of snow and one inch of freezing rain at 3am)

not fun

I've noticed a few people have not been on much lately... Waterwings, Baptistpreach... I hope they didn't get hit too hard and are just out of electricity.

I just heard on the radio that we here in Atlanta could be facing an even more powerful storm (as well as everyone else from the midwest to up north).... they said it could rival a storm back in 93 which dumped a couple of feet of snow (I know, but here in the south a few inches is a lot). It's supposed to hit Monday night if it keeps on the right direction - either way, they are saying this will be a noreaster for the northern states... so get ready guys.

any state with a O as a first and last letter always gets screwed... you get it coming and going! :roflmao:

Jim,
We headed to my mother's 3hrs away last night. No power, heat, cell service in our town. Ice took down trees & power lines throughout town. Temp in our house was 38 degrees Tues night. Power may not be restored until Sunday (we hope). Thanks for the inquiries guys :) . Sending this via my wife's iPhone.y

I've been busy helping out family members and others from school without power. We have about 8 or 9 inches on the ground (combination of ice and snow). We have been out all week from school. Here in Jeffersonville we lost power for about 10 hours tuesday night. Everything is good now, but Louisville has about 200,000 without power and it could take 10 days or longer to get everyone back up and running. My sister has to be moved out by Saturday into her new house. Looks like a long weekend ahead for me.

good luck man.. if I lived closer I'd help out... but then again, I'd probably have to have 4x4 to get to you to do any good. Keep safe

I'm back! We have been declared a disaster area, the National Guard is here. I was without power for 24 hours, still don;t have internet or cable but we are up and running here at work. My yard looks like a BIG bomb went off as does our entire county. We had freezing rain for like 36 hours straight, 1"+ of ice.

Good to hear

the O-H-I-O is not looking so great 12 inches in the past two days and mixed between the two storms was 1.5 inches of ice :( and monday were sopose to get another biggin!

Just a quick post from the office. 25 miles away, where I live, looks like a war zone.

We have no power or water in the entire city and limited phone service. The power came back on for a very lucky few last night but has gone down again today. Some of the enormous TVA transmission towers from the powerplant went down.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Roughing it on a hunting or fishing trip for a couple of days is one thing but when everyone you know is involved with no end in sight, it's terrible.

Quackrstackr said:
Just a quick post from the office. 25 miles away, where I live, looks like a war zone.

We have no power or water in the entire city and limited phone service. The power came back on for a very lucky few last night but has gone down again today. Some of the enormous TVA transmission towers from the powerplant went down.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Roughing it on a hunting or fishing trip for a couple of days is one thing but when everyone you know is involved with no end in sight, it's terrible.

Glad to see your ok man! Let me know If I can do anything.

know what you guys are going though we went a week with no power the week before christmas because of an ice storm kept the coffee going on the woood stove

I feel very lucky tonight. I'm in my warm home with power, water, cable and internet. Our utility company rocks for one thing. They have been busting butt since the second this crap all went down. My cable (and internet) just came back online. I work for our city and I know alot of the linemen, tough job that they take pride in getting done in a hurry.

I am worn out though, I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of this train wreck. Supposed to be 50* here tomorrow. So long ice, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

yey! electric back finally.

Well that sucked, don't wanna go thru that again. I will for sure get a generator this time. Too many no electric days in the past two years. Tired of losing the fridge foods :x

Man they sure sold the heck out of the Gens! People were buying up everything, they bought up all the matches :shock: :lol:

It was crazy, makes me want to move out further away again :roll: