Going North

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man it's a different world here. Like going back half a century.
We are currently camped in a town called Camacks or Camack in the Yukon Territory. Sitting here watching the Yukon river flow by. It's 10:30 pm here and looks like this. And it's actually lighter than the pic shows

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338528411.061273.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338528411.061273.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 275
My two new friends one from Sweden and one from Quebec they are floating the Yukon in a canoe.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338528737.638224.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338528737.638224.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 273
The pics are beautiful, I once lived in Iceland so I have seen the midnight sun too. I am envious of your journey....keep the pics coming.

fool4fish1226 said:
What kind of temps are you riding thru?
well the coldest has been 36 on this ride. It was not fun. It was on our long push in to Dad's place. Most has been 50s and 60s so much mor comfortable.

Ok so I have some catching up to do on this thread.

I will try in the next few days to get some of it written up so I can post the story and the pics. It's a great trip. I actually did get so e fishing in but needed my tin lol. Didn't catch a thing. Oh well. I had a blast trying. I should have amen some pics. I waded out at this one lake with waders. The problem was you were standing on moss ( or some vegetation ) floating on water. You couldn't tell if it was 2 inches deep or ten feet. When you took a step the surface of the vegetation moved ten feet away in places. Scary to say the least. I also almost got carried away by the mosquitoes there lol. But it was fun. A little early to fish yet I think.

You are having fun and being safe, and most of all, spending time with your father (prime time), something not all of us get to do near as often as we would like, I envy you!!!!

Latest posts