Looking out the front door this morning...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved to the country back in '99, 300 ft of driveway two cars wide so I bought everything needed to be able to move snow. Was actually fun for the next ten plus years, but then things changed. Haven't used my snow toys in years....so....if your tired of moving snow, just spend lots of dollars and buy everything you need for heavy snow removale....after that, you won't get any more snow...problem solved ....if you want snow to return, sell your equipment then you will get snow !! Another of lifes lessons !!

-8 this morning. Doesn't seem so bad with no wind and the sun shining. Hopefully we can get in some ice racing now!

When God give you snow, don't complain, just build a snowman!

Attachments

• January 2024 Snow 07.jpg
    January 2024 Snow 07.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
-11 and my mothers furnace went out one of my brothers to take a bunch of space heaters there and bring my mother to my brothers. A nephew will be at my mothers to keep an eye on the situation.
We had enough space heaters that we were able to raise the temperature from 56 to 68 and my mother's room to 72. So she stayed at the house. We waited 9 hours for a service tech, we were in contact with 3 companies, whoever could get to us first.

One reason I like propane to fuel my home. I have one heater downstairs and one upstairs where no electricity is required to operate them. Thankfully we rarely loose electricity as we are located near a junction where power can be recieved between two different power plants, if one goes offline, the other takes over. We have more outages from trucks running into power poles than from bad weather.

I never minded the cold that much until I got older as well. The type of arthritus that I have is not compatible with the cold, when I step out into cold it causes great pain instantly when the cold hits me !! Yep, I would like to move, but the wife has breathing issues, where she has difficulty breathing in the heat, she needs cooler/ cold air !! Can't seem to win.....one or the other must suffer the seasons!!

I feel bad for you guys. It’s 18 degrees here in South La, but with no snow. Lots of ice. Entire South La is shut down. We don’t have equipment to deal with the roads etc. It will be 70 degrees on Thursday though. Also it will be 100 degrees with 97% humidity in Aug/Sept. That’s when we suffer. Winter is the good times down here.

I feel bad for you guys. It’s 18 degrees here in South La, but with no snow. Lots of ice. Entire South La is shut down. We don’t have equipment to deal with the roads etc. It will be 70 degrees on Thursday though. Also it will be 100 degrees with 97% humidity in Aug/Sept. That’s when we suffer. Winter is the good times down here.
I was stationed near San Antonio TX back in 2005/6 and we had a incredibly rare 1" of snow and some ice hit the are overnight. That morning was chaos God Bless Texans but those boys had no clue how to handle it and traffic accidents shut down both beltways and just about every rd you could think of. This just reminded me I saw a light dusting of snow once while deployed in Iraq near Kirkuk too in 2008. Maybe it's me lol maybe I'm cursed 😆

I was stationed near San Antonio TX back in 2005/6 and we had a incredibly rare 1" of snow and some ice hit the are overnight. That morning was chaos God Bless Texans but those boys had no clue how to handle it and traffic accidents shut down both beltways and just about every rd you could think of. This just reminded me I saw a light dusting of snow once while deployed in Iraq near Kirkuk too in 2008. Maybe it's me lol maybe I'm cursed 😆
Right out of high school I was stationed in Korea 1990-1992 about 14km south of the DMZ and was introduced to real cold weather. My coonass self from the bayou was driving tracked vehicles and 2-1/2 trucks up and down iced over 1 lane mountain village roads! LOL. I did fine though, only killed 1 little boy in a village. Nah, just joking. It wasn't that hard, just had to be slow and smooth. Also was at Ft Lewis in Washington state. We had some terrible ice storms there that would knock out power for a week in frigid temps. That was not fun trying to keep a South La. woman comfortable. Neither is hurricanes blowing away everything you have built since the last hurricane blew everything you have built all away.....I guess it's pick your poison where you live.

I was stationed near San Antonio TX back in 2005/6 and we had a incredibly rare 1" of snow and some ice hit the are overnight. That morning was chaos God Bless Texans but those boys had no clue how to handle it and traffic accidents shut down both beltways and just about every rd you could think of.
I think this was the same time my son and I were down there to bass fish. Blame us. The first snow they had seen in many years.

1974 on a x country drive from Central FL to Washington state, we hit Huston TX and there was Blizzard snow all the way to Albuquerque NM. 6 to 12 inches.

I am glad to read that most folks are warm and fairing well during this cold snap. Just remember to check on others as they might not be doing as well.