New Guy with a new winter project (Project Craigslist)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who pooted: I'm just south of Atlanta, GA. I'm on a tight budget for this project so I decided to use an oil based paint that is for porches and outdoor deck floors. I still used the self etching primer on the bare metal spots. The first coat looks good. I can still see some of the imperfections on the hull (dings, dents, scratches) but the water hides it anyways. I'll be painting the second coat tomorrow and then painting the inside later this week. Then on to some flooring!

I never noticed you were in Newnan... I'm up in Canton. What lakes are you planning on fishing?
I mainly fish Lathem Reservoir up here in North Cherokee, but I plan on hitting Lake Acworth when the water gets back up. When the weather gets a little warmer, I'm going to venture down to Varner and try it out. I've been there once, but got skunked.

Russ, down here there are a few places I go. I have two friends that live on private subdivision ponds/lakes. One is lake redwine (300 acres) for the most part that are under 14 inches (1-2lb avg) but have heard of hawgs coming out of there. The bottom is very weedy and is great for super fluke fishing. The other is a small pond in a friends subdivision lots of small one so far (atleast 20 per trip). I'll also go to lake kedron in Peachtree City. another good soft plastic and top water lake. And I know there are lunkers in there b/c I lost an 8lb+ (thats my guess) this summer. Let me know if you want to come south of the city.

BOAT UPDATE: I got the hull painted, I"m gonna start the inside tomorrow and on to floor/decking. I also have a trailer in the works, I'll post more info on that later.

Chef - sounds like a plan on getting together to fish. If you ever wanna venture up north let me know... Lathem is pretty good for quantity bass - not always quality, but I've yet to come away skunked.

russ010 said:
I never noticed you were in Newnan... I'm up in Canton. What lakes are you planning on fishing?
I mainly fish Lathem Reservoir up here in North Cherokee, but I plan on hitting Lake Acworth when the water gets back up. When the weather gets a little warmer, I'm going to venture down to Varner and try it out. I've been there once, but got skunked.
I believe it is up. A friend from Mike's board said that it was up enough to use the ramp. Plus, you don't really need a ramp as much as I do. :D

Been doing some work the past few nights after work. I managed to get the paint finished, framed out the back seat lid, and started on the front deck. I still have to go back and hard mount the deck thats why it looks uneven in places.

100_1169.jpg

100_1171.jpg

100_1173.jpg

today I got the transom board, trolling motor plates, and tie down bolts mounted
100_1177.jpg

100_1178.jpg

I also mounted the rear seat frame and lids (I still have to put on the hinges, treat wood and carpet)
100_1179.jpg

The rear seat storage fits a soft sided cooler, battery, plus room for some of the second person's gear

I also got a little work done on the front storage compartment.
100_1180.jpg

100_1181.jpg

100_1182.jpg

I used some dense styrofoam that I had lying around to cut the templates it worked better this way than other times when I have used cardboard. The front storage is going to be my life jacket/second batter storage. It is also sturdy enough to stand on if need be.

Waterwings with the exception of the two U bolts the rest are short (the picture really doesn't show that. I will probably cut the U bolts at some point.

Wow! Great job! Can you show some pics of the outside of the boat? Looks fantastic! Isn't it amazing what paint and carpet can do??

Looks good man! We really need to get together when the weather gets better and go catch some hawgs!