Rig Rebuild - FINISHED

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waterwings said:
yeah that's kind of what I have in mind but not nearly that long. I'm thinking the two uprights can go where I have to space out the fenders.

That's an idea also. Depending on where you place the guide uprights (distance between them front to back), would the angle of the guide posts hit/touch the fenders ? Just thinking out loud.

First, I'd like to thank those who replied for any help and/or ideas.
The guides are something I'll have to wait on. I was thinking the same thing when trailer mocked up. I've torn it down and have just about everything primed and ready for paint. Some things are a little rough due to aging of the steel parts but they look to be fine structurally. I decide to completely strip down the trailer and replace all bolts with new ones (minus the spring shackle bolts (not going to mess with them). Got one of my bunk padding (carpet) today but the one I need for the bottom bunks is on Backorder (figures). The bottom bunks are not going to be covered on the underside, I figure that will help keep water from getting trapped in the bunks.
I decide to paint the trailer with Rust-Oleum Burgundy Enamel and all the attached hardware will be gloss black. The bunks will be Burgundy and the axle/springs flat black.
I want to make a run to Harbor Freight and check out the LED light kit they list for $39.99 https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95974 . That's a great price for an LED kit.
After I get the trailer back together I'll decide if I want to fabricate side guides or just buy some. It will depend on mounting room and the costs of each way of going.

I bought a Marine LED trailer light set at Atwoods a couple of years ago for a mere $36. I don't know if they still carry them.

Painted some of my trailer parts today. The spraying was the easy part, the cleanup of the gun sucked! I'm actually considering just painting the rest with a roller. I'm just a bit leery because I've never used a roller with enamel and not sure what to expect for results.

Update: Painted the balance of parts today using a roller. The results were not that bad. The fenders look a bit on the debatable side but I'll wait and see when they dry. Maybe wet sand a little before the second coat. Considering what I started with, the parts look 100% better. Once I get a second coat on them they will have a couple months to cure before I can take everything outside and reassemble the trailer.

Have just about everything for the trailer ready. Now need to wait for this winter mess to melt and dry up, then temperatures to rise so I can get it outside to reassemble. Seems like I have a jigsaw puzzle to put back together.

P1010009-mod.jpg

P1010014-mod.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hello All: I had a thread started for an electrical topic but am now putting everything for this boat in this thread.
I've been pretty busy today. Got my deck (behind rear seat) framing cut and fit, and finished my electrical panel except for what I'll need to connect when put into the boat.
Here are a few update pictures:

P1010027-1.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010033.jpg

ben2go said:
Looks like a pro install.Gud werk.

Guess I have a bit of an upper hand in this area, I was an auto mechanic for a long time and had schooling on automtive eletrical. I've forgotten some of the technical stuff but basic wiring isn't that big of a deal.

LarryA said:
ben2go said:
Looks like a pro install.Gud werk.

Guess I have a bit of an upper hand in this area, I was an auto mechanic for a long time and had schooling on automtive eletrical. I've forgotten some of the technical stuff but basic wiring isn't that big of a deal.

I know the feeling.I was an auto mechanic for 15 years and did auto and boat upholstery on the side.It's like riding a bicycle.Once you learn how,it only takes falling off once to remember how. :LOL2:

Het guy's. Im a newb here, not to boating or fishing but new here. I was web surfing this morning for ideas on jon boat refurbishing, and wound up here. The Boating Gods must have been with me because I think I really found the right spot. I just purchased a 15 ft. Fisher Marine w/ 9.9 Tohatsu. I has already had several mods. but most are old school and heavy. I intend on gutting back to factory hull and starting over. I would just like to say THANKS in advance, because I'm sure I will be needing your'e advice, and suggestions. Thankyou again, Scott

rome8899 said:
Het guy's. Im a newb here, not to boating or fishing but new here. I was web surfing this morning for ideas on jon boat refurbishing, and wound up here. The Boating Gods must have been with me because I think I really found the right spot. I just purchased a 15 ft. Fisher Marine w/ 9.9 Tohatsu. I has already had several mods. but most are old school and heavy. I intend on gutting back to factory hull and starting over. I would just like to say THANKS in advance, because I'm sure I will be needing your'e advice, and suggestions. Thankyou again, Scott

:WELCOME:

I am from the same general area,upstate.

Fantastic job Larry. I especially like the electrical panel. Where did you find that fuse panel? I'll be looking for one of those when I get finished with my trailer and get going on my boat.

Mike

Latest posts