Rig Rebuild - FINISHED

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dyeguy1212 said:
What kind of screw is holding down the deck and/or carpet? A Phillips head with something around it... care to explain?

Thanks and looks good
not my boat but it looks like what i used on mine, called a finishing washer, got mine at home depot

Yup, that's whst they sre cslled, "Finishing Washers". It's a raised washer with the center being made for a flat or semi round head screw. I got mine at a local hardware store. You need to get the size matched to the screw size you are using.

Finished up the carpeted tops for the bench seats and mounted my swivel seats on them. Also finished up and installed the new transom wood insert. All is going well. I have to decide on what I want to do about rear rod holders (to find somethat will work for me or not to?). What I wanted to use will not work, they will be in my way. Not a big deal at this point.
Progress:

b1-2.jpg

b7.jpg

Finished the boat today =D> Only want to put in some sort of drink holders so stuff doesn't get spilled all over the carpet.
Everything checks out good and the outboard started right back up with about 5 or six pulls. That made me happy, considering that each cylinder had a fair amount of oil added before winter. I adapted two Driftmaster rod holders to mount in the oar locks. That worked out well.

P1010113.jpg

P1010105.jpg

P1010114.jpg

looks great. we got the same trailer. if you dont mind me askin how much was that axle? im going to have to replace mine this winter as both hubs were machined off center

tite lines!

Loggerhead Mike said:
looks great. we got the same trailer. if you dont mind me askin how much was that axle? im going to have to replace mine this winter as both hubs were machined off center

tite lines!

Sent PM

Those ol 9.9's have to be one of the best selling outboards around.
You always see them around,I still have one.
Glad she started right up for you,your boat looks good.

looks great! Wish i could do the same with my skinny... keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.... really like your tin :D

Great job LarryA! The only problem I see with that boat is you aren't going to get as much fishing time as you like: it will be hard getting away from the dock for all the people wanting to talk to you about your boat! :mrgreen:

Perhaps one of the mods could remove this thread from the completed mods list, as it appears none of the pictures work anymore.

Latest posts