Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popeye said:
wasilvers said:
trrads said:
One very important question. Is it okay for me to have a fiberglass boat and still be able to enter into the tinboat tournament?

Sure, but you incur a 10lb penalty! :LOL2:

Just kidding, we'd be happy to have you!

TEN POUNDS??? That's pretty severe isn't it?

Sounds pretty good to me. :mrgreen:

wasilvers said:
FishyItch said:
I drove by Waubesa today. It looks like it's ice free! We're getting close.

VERY NICE! How's the boat going? Gonna be ready for the opening day?

The boat is still under a tarp back at my parent's place. But spring break is in a few weeks (I teach high school) and I have decided to devote that whole week to the boat. Hopefully I'll at least make some good progress during that week, at least getting the deck and seats put in. I think the only major things I'm worried about are finding a bigger outboard and getting a new trolling motor. Right now I've got an ancient 3HP and a transom mounting 17# thrust Minnkota. Oh, and I'll have to figure out some sort of temporary livewell. Jeez, I have more to do than I thought!

FishyItch said:
wasilvers said:
FishyItch said:
I drove by Waubesa today. It looks like it's ice free! We're getting close.

VERY NICE! How's the boat going? Gonna be ready for the opening day?

The boat is still under a tarp back at my parent's place. But spring break is in a few weeks (I teach high school) and I have decided to devote that whole week to the boat. Hopefully I'll at least make some good progress during that week, at least getting the deck and seats put in. I think the only major things I'm worried about are finding a bigger outboard and getting a new trolling motor. Right now I've got an ancient 3HP and a transom mounting 17# thrust Minnkota. Oh, and I'll have to figure out some sort of temporary livewell. Jeez, I have more to do than I thought!

I wouldn't worry about it too much....last year I proved that all you needed was a boat hull that could physically float for eight hours and you can still win the tourney! :)

Alright! I can see almost see the light of tax season being over! Then I have tons of equipment to put on the boat before I can put it back in the water. Till then I can only read fishing reports. Here's the one for lake waubesa - only one crappie and a few gills being caught - water is about 47 degrees in the shallows.

https://www.lake-link.com/fishreports/viewposts.cfm?LakeID=1125

I've got some bad news...

My wife said she wanted to fish.

That means she's gonna get the biggest fish, we all might as well just leave the poles at home. The last time she fished a tourny, she caught a 25"+ Walleye. Which was only 11" larger than the next biggest Walleye.

That reminds me... People that like to keep parts of their bodies attached the way they should be, should refrain from calling my wife Olive Oyl or Mrs. Popeye. Her name is Jean and that's what she prefers. I've even seen her go off on people for calling her Jeanie.

I'll do my best to drive the boat so she can't fish the good waters though.

Couple of questions?

What are the campsites like? Are they tent friendly? Typically 50amp electric sites are designed for RV's and have limited or no places for tents, unless you put the tent on the gravel RV pad. Very uncomfortable. Anybody know if the RV sites have places for tents?

Will, it might be a good idea to update teh 1st post with a list of who is going.

We received a free two-room tent to use at this get together from a friend that no longer camps. We just set it up in the front yard tonight. Boy, did we get some strange looks from the drivers passing by. Oh, and the family did decide to come with me. Not sure what they're going to do while I'm fishing, but at least I won't be by myself for the weekend.

I will bring my BYOB banner to hang in front of the tent, so that everyone knows who I am and where we're at.

hmmm, my email isn't giving me notice when this thread is updated. :?

I'll update the front page in the next day or so - gotta go thru the PM's and posts here.

BYOB Fishing said:
We received a free two-room tent to use at this get together from a friend that no longer camps. We just set it up in the front yard tonight. Boy, did we get some strange looks from the drivers passing by. Oh, and the family did decide to come with me. Not sure what they're going to do while I'm fishing, but at least I won't be by myself for the weekend.

I will bring my BYOB banner to hang in front of the tent, so that everyone knows who I am and where we're at.

That's awesome. This is going to be a ton of fun.