Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popeye said:
I read that check in time was 3:00pm. Wonder if they have any fudge factor in that. Even though the days are long enough in June, I still like setting up early enough so that we're not setting up and trying to fix dinner at the same time and so that dinner isn't around 8:00pm either.

At most parks, I've been able to check in earlier. As long as the earlier party is gone they haven't given me any hassles. I plan on getting there about 1ish (depending on the fams sechedule). Ater all, I have to get SOME prefishing in!

Worse case scenario, I'll launch the boat and go fishing and have the wife drive around the park until the spot opens up. That or stop and offer to help pack the people's stuff... :mrgreen:

I was cruising the Wisconsin DNR website looking for some other stuff and came across this page...

https://dnr.wi.gov/fish/fishingtournaments/

It outlines regulations for fishing tournaments. I'm sure we're fine, but I wanted to post it anyway. I really only skimmed some of the information, but it might be something to look into.

FishyItch said:
I was cruising the Wisconsin DNR website looking for some other stuff and came across this page...

https://dnr.wi.gov/fish/fishingtournaments/

It outlines regulations for fishing tournaments. I'm sure we're fine, but I wanted to post it anyway. I really only skimmed some of the information, but it might be something to look into.

Thanks- this is the reason we did the first one in IL, no such restrictions. We are fine as long as we stay under 20 boats and don't have an offsite weigh-in :) I'd be real happy to hit 21 boats, especially since we are in the northern part of the U.S.
Also we don't hit the WI "no culling" rule because we are only weighing 3 bass when there is a statewide limit of 5 bass per day. So you can keep 3 in the livewell, and collect 2 'kicker fish' and still be legal in WI and the tourney :) Also, I've fished a few 5 bass limit tourneys and have yet to have anyone tell me I couldn't release a bass to live another day up here.

Thanks for checking though, it's good to have another set of eyes on keeping you legal!

Popeye said:
Just gave the Wiscoland DNR my $86.00

:shock: What did you buy? :shock: I thought a 4 day license is $20, or max was $65 for a family year long non-resident. Yikes!

wasilvers said:
Popeye said:
Just gave the Wiscoland DNR my $86.00

:shock: What did you buy? :shock: I thought a 4 day license is $20, or max was $65 for a family year long non-resident. Yikes!

$65 family license
$10 inland trout
$10 Great Lakes
$1 processing fee

Wife won't be trout fishing so I saved $20 by not needing stamps for her.

Glad I don't buy an Illinois license too.

For the other guys from out of state, a one day license is $10 and can be purchased online here for an additional $1 printing fee:
https://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/nonrestypes.asp

Popeye - you mean to get your fishing in! Thanks for supporting the state! I bought an IL one last year, but only used it in the one tourney. I meant to go back, just couldn't find the time.

I fish Delavan Lake and lake Geneva a couple times a year and head out West to Montfort/Fennimore area for some stream trouts. I buy the Great Lakes stamp in case I ever go on a friends boat that launches from North Point Marina in Winthrop Harbor and fish into WI waters.

One very important question. Is it okay for me to have a fiberglass boat and still be able to enter into the tinboat tournament?

trrads said:
One very important question. Is it okay for me to have a fiberglass boat and still be able to enter into the tinboat tournament?

Take an empty soup can and tape it to the side so you got some tin on the boat..lol.

Welcome to the site.

Matt

trrads said:

Dont listen to Popeye, He is just messing with you! :LOL2:

Wasilvers is running this tournament. I would double the check with him, But I don't see it as a problem. The more Members the better!

Oops, didn't notice that was his first post and he probably doesn't know me. I was just joking around. Of course if you outfish me, then I'll file a protest. :D

trrads said:

Sure, but you incur a 1lb penalty! :LOL2:

Just kidding, we'd be happy to have you!

Jim said:
trrads said:

Dont listen to Popeye, He is just messing with you! :LOL2:

Wasilvers is running this tournament. I would double the check with him, But I don't see it as a problem. The more Members the better!

Don't listen to me either, I was also joking a bit.

trrads, I have a fiberglass also so hoping you might show these tin guys how many more fish you can catch from fiberglass. :lol: I am not able to make the tourney, so it is all up to you, no pressure though. :LOL2:

Matt

P.S. After the event, I hope you all post some pics to show me what I was missing...lol.

wasilvers said:
trrads said:

Sure, but you incur a 10lb penalty! :LOL2:

Just kidding, we'd be happy to have you!

TEN POUNDS??? That's pretty severe isn't it?

Latest posts