Tinboats Tournament June 25th-RESULTS post #219 (pg15)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FishyItch said:
See, that would be me^. I would definitely be the one looking like an idiot launching a boat. Nine times out of ten it's fine, but that tenth time is always a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if I tried to launch my car with the boat instead of the other way around! Now you guys have got me scared. I'll have to do some practicing! :LOL2:

Got'em worried about the launch instead of fishing - I am so winning this!

Im so In...

I tried to make site reservations on line and kept getting site already reserved notice when the websire was saying it was available..????? Oh well, maybe not doiing something right...will keep trying and post back with update....

Outdoorsman.

wasilvers said:
FishyItch said:
See, that would be me^. I would definitely be the one looking like an idiot launching a boat. Nine times out of ten it's fine, but that tenth time is always a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if I tried to launch my car with the boat instead of the other way around! Now you guys have got me scared. I'll have to do some practicing! :LOL2:

Got'em worried about the launch instead of fishing - I am so winning this!

Don't be so sure! =P~ I'm a local and will have plenty of time to get in a few practice rounds on the lake. (Of course, that assumes I get my boat done in a timely fashion, which remains to be seen. In fact, I'll be lucky if I have a week on the water before this tourny.)

But this is what we need! Some friendly trash talk!

I'll just be looking forward to getting out of town for a weekend...Not yet sure if the fam is coming or not.

I spoke to a family friend about this lake. He said a friend of his took him out on it last year. They ran to one spot in the middle of the lake and sat there all day. Now you know you don't sit in a spot all day unless you are catching fish - well, not only did they catch fish, but lot of fish of size! Crappie, gills, northern, bass, etc.. he named 6 species that they caught. Makes me even more interested to try this lake out!

BTW - he might join us this year as he's getting a new tin boat (it's on order now).

FishyItch said:
I got some secret weapons in the mail today! Yeeha!

You'r going to need them. :mrgreen:

I'm going to bring someone with me, just not sure who that person is yet. Might be the wife, or a son, or a buddy.
I'm looking at one of the non-electric sites that allows campfires, although #17 looks appealing too.

I've been absent from the board for a while and never saw this thread. If it was the week-end of the 18th, I would be all over this. Alas, I am werking the week-end of the 25th and can't make it. One of these times...

Popeye said:
I've been absent from the board for a while and never saw this thread. If it was the week-end of the 18th, I would be all over this. Alas, I am werking the week-end of the 25th and can't make it. One of these times...

You have 2 months to trade with someone. :mrgreen:

Saw this in other reading tonight:
LAKE WAUBESA
Often overlooked by anglers heading to lakes Mendota or Monona, 2,000-acre Lake Waubesa offers the best crappie population on the Madison Chain.
Waubesa is fairly shallow with plenty of structure and weeds, so crappies are not hard to find. Early in spring, motor under the trestle at the lake's north end and look for them in shallow Upper Mud Lake. As the extensive weedbeds develop, fish the outside weed edges. Crappies spawn on the shallow flats where you can sometimes sight-fish for them. Off Rockford Heights on the east shore, fish cribs hold crappies at any time of year.

Hanr3 said:
Thanks for the info.
Im really looking forward to this trip.
Do we want to do a group fish fry?

I'm definitly in for a fish fry! Still drooling over last years actually...
2010-08-21-what-a-fillet.JPG

I read that check in time was 3:00pm. Wonder if they have any fudge factor in that. Even though the days are long enough in June, I still like setting up early enough so that we're not setting up and trying to fix dinner at the same time and so that dinner isn't around 8:00pm either.

Latest posts